Anyone honestly still of the opinion...

Foval21

That the 2013-14 Hawks were better than 2014-15 Hawks? I know there were people that thought we couldn't be as good of a team because of the loss of mainly one player. I was always of the belief that we would be better at all but one position than last year and the other four spots would easily make up for that loss.

Looking back it seems obvious they relied too much on RDM and didn't give White and Uthoff a chance to really shine on offense. Ultimately that has to be on Fran I guess. Hell Uthoff already has about double the shots this year than he did last year. Maybe Fran just didn't feel that uthoff was ready yet...and who knows maybe he wasn't.

I was optimistic this year that Iowa could be better because they would play more team basketball...and they didn't have McCabe. I'd have to go back and find my prediction thread from before the season but I think I had them going 22-9 or 21-10 so they basically met my expectations. I really thought Jok would be huge this year and he has been ok and shown flashes at times, but he hasn't done what I thought he'd do. Uthoff on the other hand has really impressed. He's going to be a stud next year

It makes it all the more frustrating that White, Uthoff or Gesell couldn't step up last year and help Dev out. But better late than never and it's been a fun year and hopefully we keep this winning streak going.

Jim Jackson commented on the awards show that the offense last year was too dependent on RDM. Who's fault that is, is debatable, especially with all the rumors surrounding the collapse last year. I thought that the ball spent too much time with Marble last year, making the offense one dimensional. The offense is much more team oriented this year and as a result, much better.

Last year, we made it to #10 in the rankings.
This year, every time we cracked the Top 25, we seem to fall right out of it.
On paper, yes, last year was the better team.

Last year's team's good was better than this year's team's good and last year's team's bad wasn't as bad as this year's team's bad. Given that, i still think last year's team was better. I'm glad this year's team didn't under achieve though.

We only won 1 more game in the regular season than we did last year. 1 game is hardly undeniable proof that a team is better.

It makes it all the more frustrating that White, Uthoff or Gesell couldn't step up last year and help Dev out. But better late than never and it's been a fun year and hopefully we keep this winning streak going.

Couldnt step up or not really given the chance to. How many times down the stretch did you see Fran put RDM at point and put everything on him. I made comments about that last season, I thought that was completely unacceptable and I could only imagine how the players felt.

There's no debate which one is better.

A team that falls apart and loses a bunch of winnable games is not better than a team that does not do that.

There's no debate which one is better.

A team that falls apart and loses a bunch of winnable games is not better than a team that does not do that.

This years team is more athletic, a better offensive and defensive team. I think this years team is a lot better.

Couldnt step up or not really given the chance to. How many times down the stretch did you see Fran put RDM at point and put everything on him. I made comments about that last season, I thought that was completely unacceptable and I could only imagine how the players felt.

Couldnt step up, Mike shot 16/55 to end the year, Uthoff shot about 20% from 3 in B10 play and disappeared any time a game got physical, White wouldn't take a shot outside of a layup. Who else was Fran going to give the ball to?

Couldnt step up, Mike shot 16/55 to end the year, Uthoff shot about 20% from 3 in B10 play and disappeared any time a game got physical, White wouldn't take a shot outside of a layup. Who else was Fran going to give the ball to?

This went on the ENTIRE season from start to the finish, just not the end. As a result by the end the season the Team Chemistry was completely gone, hence the finish.. This is just my view on what I saw! To each his own.

This team is much better than the team that played at the end of the year last year. It's all about defense. When you improve over 8 points in points allowed...that's huge...a huge, huge improvement. The difference is in several positions, but the most important is that Gesell and Sap can stop penetration, and get help when they need it. This team is very cohesive defensively and everyone is locked in right now.

This team, if they shoot the ball well, can get to the Sweet Sixteen. After that, it's all match ups and athleticism. I'd love to see us play in the round of 16....that would be fun.

All I know is that I have a lot better feeling about this team in March than I did about last year's team last March. They'll need to keep it rolling so I can continue to believe the same way.

Many good points have been made here. I would like to add that this team has seemed to have found its identity. Each player has a good idea of what their role is when they are out there playing and it's seems to have finally all come together the last several games. Let's hope it continues on in the BTT and NCAA tourneys.

This is basically what happened at the end of the year. Gesell lost his jump shot so he drove to the bucket alot and got swatted away alot. Teams backed away from White and Uthoff .

But I still thought instead of RDM mainly dribbling they should have run a crisp motion offense and tried to work through Woody and Gabe last year. Get Woody/gabe/Mccabe to the elbow and try more of white and uthoff down and low and get some passes to guys slashing to the bucket.

Remember McCabe and Ogs didnt hit many big shots late last year. It was a shooting problem.

I can't believe this is even being debated still.

This year's team is better during the last 6 games. Last year's team was better during the first 25. Since 25 is greater than 6, I'm sticking with my opinion that kast year's team was better.

Latest posts