Anyone else getting a little tired of Fran's T's?

I've mentioned at times that I thought fans would love it then hate it... we'll see how long it takes before Iowa fans and other B1G schools get annoyed with it.

I personally like it. Fran has mentioned that 99% of his Ts are by design. The refs are all learning who he is and what he expects. There's a reason Bob Knight's Hoosiers got calls. Same goes for Tom Izzo, he works the refs. I'm ok with it at this point. I like the intensity.

I'm fine with a T and I was yelling at the ref from my chair after the call to because the defender that took the charge was damn near standing out of bounds!! No reason why the NCAA can't do what the NBA did and put that half circle in front of the rim so it's a tiny bit easier to make that call.

Found it funny lastnight watching the UNI-Creighton game where both coaches were warned at different points in the game instead of just slapping a T on them.

I don't have an issue with it. Technicals are part of the game. What concerns me more than technical fouls is our performance on the court. Sure, it might be more annoying for fans to see Fran get T'd up when the program overall is struggling, but if he starts notching some wins chances are those concerns about technical fouls will fade away.

I like it. After what we saw the last couple of years all the eye rolling and daydreaming about Butler. At least he is invested in this team. Fighting for them rather than looking down on them.

I have often wondered why Izzo doesn't get more T's. He seems to be the most demonstrative and whiney coach out there. Kind of pi**es me off. I don't mind the t's. I bet the people that are bit**ing about this were the same fans bit**ing that Lick didn't show enough emotion. So hard to please sometimes.

I think the timing of some of Fran's T's has been poor. If we're already down 10 and he wants to try and light some fire under his players then I'm cool with it. But when we're winning and the T allows the other team to take the lead, on a call that could have gone either way, I really don't care for it.

No problem with Fran, he is competitve and he is showing his frustration, plus he is getting to know the big 10 refs better, Bo Ryan gets away with murder and never gets a T, same for Izzo, if Fran sticks around hopefully the refs will get to know him better and cut him some slack. Calipari is the worst, he gets away with murder, he is never in the coaching box and isnt afraid to show up a ref, once we start winning the calls will come, the refs know who is supposed to win and who isnt.

I've mentioned at times that I thought fans would love it then hate it... we'll see how long it takes before Iowa fans and other B1G schools get annoyed with it.

I personally like it. Fran has mentioned that 99% of his Ts are by design. The refs are all learning who he is and what he expects. There's a reason Bob Knight's Hoosiers got calls. Same goes for Tom Izzo, he works the refs. I'm ok with it at this point. I like the intensity.

If last night's was by design... Fran is in way over his head. It was a terrbile time.

I had no issues with any of the T's until last night. He picked a bad time and as I said in a thread... you can show your displeasure of a call without warranting a technical foul. (especially when you are up 9 and on the road!!!)

That's Fran to a tee.

2391394234_9759d8634a.jpg

Fran keeps B'ing his L to get these T's.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juf5o1mueVk]YouTube - I Need to B My L on Somebody's Ts[/ame]

The first part of the year it was like "yeah he has fire and passion, I think it is great." Now I know part of it is their record, but I'm getting a little tired of it. I don't mind one every once and awhile but he is averaging like one a game. Last night we were up by 5 and he gets one on a charging call that looked like it could have gone either way. Battle knocks down a couple free throws and it seemed to spark them and not us.

Me thinks you are greatly exaggerating. We've played 20 games and I believe he has just 4 or 5 technicals.

Its his personality to get ****** and let the words fly. There have been 3 high school boys coaches (that I know - I am sure there are more) that have asked Fran if they could come watch practice and he tells them that practice is closed. Then they find out through the grapevine he keeps practice closed because every other word out of his mouth is an F bomb.

Which doesn't bother me at all, just saying that is his personality.

Would you rather have Lick pouting like someone cut in front of him at Dairy Queen and he is afraid to confront them. I hated the way he seemed to pout on the sidelines. Even Davis clapping after a time out from a 10pt run by the other team as the players made their way to the bench was frustrating. When Fran gets the right players for his system and they start winning, no one will be complaining about his courtside behavior.

Me thinks you are greatly exaggerating. We've played 20 games and I believe he has just 4 or 5 technicals.

Last night was 6 but who's counting.:D I think last night was the first time it kind of ticked me off because it was a game we can win and we had the lead at the time. But I'm sure he is just frustrated as we all are this year.

Would you rather have Lick pouting like someone cut in front of him at Dairy Queen and he is afraid to confront them. I hated the way he seemed to pout on the sidelines. Even Davis clapping after a time out from a 10pt run by the other team as the players made their way to the bench was frustrating. When Fran gets the right players for his system and they start winning, no one will be complaining about his courtside behavior.

What were you getting a blizzard or a peanut buster parfait?:)

I like it. The Hawks are getting reamed by the refs,with that charge on McCabe very typical. Six technicals over 20 plus games is a tech every 4 games....not every game.

I thought that it was effective last nite,as the refs were about 50/50 on the calls after that. Check Gene Keady's record on techs....

It was no turning point, as iowa built the lead back up to 9 after that...couple of turning points...the 5 offensive rebound possession that finally ended up with a 3 point shot when it was 21-10 was one...then the second half drought sealed our fate.
Fran has to stand up for his players when they never get a call,which is the case with McCabe.

Latest posts