Anyone else about done with KF?

Should Chigozie Ejiasi, the Director of Player Development at Iowa, be held accountable for these athletic problems? Should Iowa hire a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Director of Player Development?

Last edited:
NeilDiamond, you are a fool. Done with KF? No even close. Has it ever occurred to you that the unfortunately common issues Iowa experiences with their football program is magnified because you are a "fan" and pay attention to them a little more closely? Or how about that KF may not look the other way when their are issues like an SEC coach?

Again, Neil, you are a fool and Sweet Caroline is an overrated piece of sh$& song.

Lets see we took the ped mall away from the football players now it it looks like all girls are forbidden to be around the team.That should keep every one eligible to play.

I wouldn't give a rats *** if KF left or was fired at this point.
In fact, I think its for the better if he did leave.

I wouldn't give a rats *** if KF left or was fired at this point.
In fact, I think its for the better if he did leave.

Really that’s shocking I'd have never have guessed that of you. Thank goodness u don't make decisions for the group.

Chad

Question to the blind followers: At what point, if ever, would you favor a change at head coach?

Should we wait until 3-9 seasons are the norm, should we wait until more players are arrested for felonies, should we wait until fan apathy has set in? What is the point that the many many many issues should be addressed? I'm trying to understand how continuing as is will some how miraculously change results on & off the field. Please explain.

E8bV

NeilDiamond, you are a fool. Done with KF? No even close. Has it ever occurred to you that the unfortunately common issues Iowa experiences with their football program is magnified because you are a "fan" and pay attention to them a little more closely? Or how about that KF may not look the other way when their are issues like an SEC coach?

Again, Neil, you are a fool and Sweet Caroline is an overrated piece of sh$& song.

Yeah, but Coming to America does rock...

I'm down on KF because we pay him $4 million a year (which is top 10 money) for a mediocre product. Be the same as you paying a car dealer for a brand new caddy and they deliver a used chevy.

Now many of you would just say "we're Iowa, we only deserve a used chevy even though we paid for a new caddy."

I'm not that concerned about the suspensions or drop out rate. I just get tired of the bonehead coaching decisions, the stubbornness, the predictablity in play calling, and the staff making the same mistakes (e.g. - clock management) year after year after year.

Last edited:
Question to the blind followers: At what point, if ever, would you favor a change at head coach?

Should we wait until 3-9 seasons are the norm, should we wait until more players are arrested for felonies, should we wait until fan apathy has set in? What is the point that the many many many issues should be addressed? I'm trying to understand how continuing as is will some how miraculously change results on & off the field. Please explain.

You have raised some interesting questions here Trey. I am not a blind supporter, but I am also not a pitchfork hater. I'm just upset by where the program is and seems to be headed. Does that mean a change at the top is needed? I don't know, I could probably be swayed either way on that.
However your point is a good one. When and what justifies a change? I really don't know and would be interested to see the answers of some of the staunch KF supporters.

I'm down on KF because we pay him $4 million a year (which is top 10 money) for a mediocre product. Be the same as you paying a car dealer for a brand new caddy and they deliver a used chevy.

Now many of you would just say "we're Iowa, we only deserve a used chevy even though we paid for a new caddy."

I'm not that concerned about the suspensions or drop out rate. I just get tired of the bonehead coaching decisions, the stubbornness, the predictablity in play calling, and the staff making the same mistakes (e.g. - clock management) year after year after year.

Its funny you say this.....I'd like you to name ONE coach, just one, who does NOT do what you mention bothers you. Since I know you honestly haven't watched enuff to really, truly honestly know of anyone your silence will be golden...

Couple quick points to head you off the usual suspects.....Coach Belichik who honestly is as good as it gets, has had his detractors and been soundly trounced in the papers over his supposed coaching gaffes. Not many, but they are there...

Coach Les Miles (one of THE best, is constantly fighting negativity from their own fan base) and has made sooooo many boneheaded decisions over his tenure that I wouldn't know where to begin, yet here they are yet again....

In short you find me a list of these super coaches, whose fans aren't criticizing just like YOU are and I'll agree KF needs fired...

Chad

A sign of those incapable of making lucid points is name calling or labeling i/e: "blind followers" of which nothing could be further from the truth, but hey you are who your are. When we start losing so many obvious games over a period of a few years, (not two either) and it is obvious we are no longer relevant we will then move on.....

After all as you have indicated its no biggie to move on and KF will be easy to replace, no hurry needed for a well liked coach who has won big before.

Annnnddddd you wont like the next coaches either, because that's who you are. You'll call people blind followers and "in the sand" and Pollyanna's, but in truth, they are the good people and the reasonable people and the successful who weigh things very carefully..........irrational people who are rarely successful do not.

Carry on.

Chad

Last edited:
I am not "done" with Kirk but I am personally more frustrated with the state of the program since Kirk's first two years. Something is not quite clicking within. Time will tell. Another (horrid) 7-5 season won't cut it ...

You have raised some interesting questions here Trey. I am not a blind supporter, but I am also not a pitchfork hater. I'm just upset by where the program is and seems to be headed. Does that mean a change at the top is needed? I don't know, I could probably be swayed either way on that.
However your point is a good one. When and what justifies a change? I really don't know and would be interested to see the answers of some of the staunch KF supporters.

I'm with you on this. But to continue without addressing ALL of these issues in DECISIVE ways is no longer an option. In a perfect world I would prefer KF fix the issues and remain in IC. I like him, I think he's a good person, someone that represents the UI well. With that said, he is the head football coach, making a lot of $ & generating a lot of $ for the school. There's only so many times you can make repeated mistakes. There's only so many times players can get arrested for pretty serious shiz. It makes him look bad, it makes the school look bad.

I was a "blind follower" a couple of years ago. I learned to spin everything to fit the perfect world I lived in. Reality slapped me in the face & I realized that if this level of mediocrity in conjunction with the legal, player attrition and other issues were occurring at a place like OSU, Mich or many many other places, there would be changes, its not even a question, it would've already happened.

The whole Coker/McCall thing is kind of the cherry on the cake for me. The underachieving despite making top 10 money is one thing. However, the inability to keep players on the field and in the program has simply gotten out of hand. One time can be seen as an accident, more a trend. At this point, we are look at it being more of a rule that a healthy percentage of the RBs we bring in (that actually can play B10 FB) will do something to defame the University. Then you have the increadible attrition at other positions. I think I saw a stat that the 2 deeps had 10 walk-on players this year. What the hell is going on over there?

no but Neil Diamond is really old and needs to go

Coaching D-1 football is a hard job, it wears a coach down. Ferentz has lost some of his passion for the game and I don't see it coming back. This program is on a downward slide. Hopefully we don't fall below the Minnesota and Illinois level in the B10.

Latest posts