Anybody watching this College football playoff show on Fox now?

These idiots that get paid to demonstrate it are helping us complete this journey. IOWA'S players and coaches resolve to win and continue on to the NC is getting boosted to the max. They will cave in in the end and will be bragging about how good the Hawkeyes are before this is over. It is setting up to be our perfect storm!

True, but I think these national pundits collectively have more of an impact than we give them credit for. Some of the things they say definitely influence potential recruits' contemporaneous perception of a program.

When I was growing up the media coverage and negativity toward Boise State DEFINITELY formed my negative subconscious perception toward them. If I were a potential 5 star or 4 star recruit (lol), Boise State wouldn't have even crossed my mind.

Like it or not, what these idiots say doesn't necessarily matter in the "win and we're in" scenario, but kids watch this stuff.

It's interesting that nebulous thing they call social consciousness that comes from media coverage/publicity/talking heads. It has an impact but so hard to measure.

Let's roll back to ISU's dramatic win over #2 OK State that knocked them out of the title game and the CFB nation witnessed it. Every college football outlet talked about it for weeks. Social media went bonkers for ISU. We heard immediately from the ISU camp that this showcase would single handedly take their program to the next level. Swaths of major recruits would soon be lining up at the door to play in Ames. Rhoads was the new god of coaching in Iowa leaving KF in the dust. He even got a 10 year extension. Fast forward 3-4 years, 8 wins in 3 years and Rhoads is gone walking out in a hard hat and old KF is 12-0 with the best regular season in school history.

It's interesting that nebulous thing they call social consciousness that comes from media coverage/publicity/talking heads. It has an impact but so hard to measure.

Let's roll back to ISU's dramatic win over #2 OK State that knocked them out of the title game and the CFB nation witnessed it. Every college football outlet talked about it for weeks. Social media went bonkers for ISU. We heard immediately from the ISU camp that this showcase would single handedly take their program to the next level. Swaths of major recruits would soon be lining up at the door to play in Ames. Rhoads was the new god of coaching in Iowa leaving KF in the dust. He even got a 10 year extension. Fast forward 3-4 years, 8 wins in 3 years and Rhoads is gone walking out in a hard hat and old KF is 12-0 with the best regular season in school history.

Thanks for reminding me of the hard hat moment. My gawd that was hilarious!! One last chance to be a buffoon and he can't pass it up.:eek::eek::eek:

Iowa is getting slammed, dissed, laughed at, and generally disrespected. Jason Whitock (a-hole) said even if Iowa beats Michigan St he wouldn't put them in the playoff.

Why can't these jagoffs admit that they have a personal bias against Iowa and cannot give them any respect no matter what they do on the field?

This show is really angerfying me:mad:
One of those brilliant minds even said one reason he didn't like Iowa is because it is a boring state. Now I am sure that the CFP selection committee takes that into account. Another observation regarding Jason Whitlock. He said that even if Iowa won the Big Ten Championship game, he still would rank MSU higher. He said in a later discussion that he believes the CFP committee devalues conference championships. He is a piece of work that thinks he is God's gift to journalism.

It's pathetic. They agree Iowa has a better win than Alabama yet they're arguing about Alabama being #1 and leaving Iowa out. It's the same as always, a combination of SEC bias and dumba$$es.
And Alabama has a loss to ummm, Ole Miss. Apparently it is better to just show up and lose than win all the games.

The Iowa Hawkeyes are the biggest and best story in college football this year bar none. It is not even close...I couldn't even tell you what would be second. Instead of these "journalists" reporting on the feel good story of the year they meet our undefeated season with arrogance, condescension, dismissal, vitriol, and disdain. Our wins somehow don't matter.....their teams' losses somehow are irrelevant. They have selective criterion they use if it is convenient to fit their narrative. It is pathetic. If is makes you feel any better ESPN has been losing millions of subscribers monthly.
Great point. Why isn't this season a great story? I guess it needs to be basketball so the wins in the tourney are not argued who is more deserving. We would be the "One shining moment". Cue the music.

We the Iowa fans need to think positive as in "New Hawk Fans" just like "New Kirk"…it will take some effort but we can do it! The Hawks will beat MSU!

Ha, I forgot about him. Jason Whitlock is a racist, sexist tard that ****** off enough people to finally get fired from ESuxPN. Recall his racist, sexist hatred comment of the former LALaker (sensation), Jeremy Lin, who's asian-american? Didn't he **** off mark Cuban about something too?

True, but I think these national pundits collectively have more of an impact than we give them credit for. Some of the things they say definitely influence potential recruits' contemporaneous perception of a program.

When I was growing up the media coverage and negativity toward Boise State DEFINITELY formed my negative subconscious perception toward them. If I were a potential 5 star or 4 star recruit (lol), Boise State wouldn't have even crossed my mind.

Like it or not, what these idiots say doesn't necessarily matter in the "win and we're in" scenario, but kids watch this stuff.

Unfortunately, this is the brunt of the damage that the media nuts bring on...the perception they paint in young kid's minds. Forget the fact that one is now resigned to having to explain AND DEFEND the Hawkeyes and the state of Iowa to aunts and cousins and friends all around the country that only casually watch football, or they are too programed to believe anything other than that which is spewed from a talking head!

It's funny, Whitlock is only on Fox Sports because ESPN fired him after he completely botched The Undefeated.

If you read about that situation, it's very obvious that he is incredibly egotistical and a very bad manager and sadly, person.

You probably don't know much about Whitlock other than what you see of him on TV or read from what he writes. He is all about stirring the pot and making noise to promote his work. It sells papers or magazines or advertising on websites because people go there.

He most certainly is egotistical. I am not sure what would lead you to think he is a bad manager. I suppose it is what you researched about The Undefeated that you allude to above.

I know for a fact he is not a bad person, and I don't even like his style. But he wrote for the KC Star for about 15 years as a columnist, and so I was around him.

While his writing style comes off as annoying, he is actually a pretty intelligent person. Many times sports writers get dogged for not having a brain in their head. That isn't him. He has written quite a bit on different high profile topics through the years. Sometimes they are sports related and sometimes they bleed outside of sports as important social issues.

He is a smart guy and he is smart enough to get people to read what he writes by having a style that usually rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I think that those people are usually white people from rural areas, too. That is what I am, basically. There is nothing racist about me that makes me dislike his style. But it is just different than what I like. I am sure there are probably others that are in the same boat. That is everyone's prerogative, of course.

I do know some other things about him. They are things he doesn't typically publicize. He just does them. He was very active in the Big Brothers of Kansas City program while he was here and continued to be active, maybe he still is to this day, after he moved. There are other examples.

I don't like his style or his persona. But he is not a bad person. I am willing to bet if you have some examples of things that make you think he is a bad person that they are really examples of the persona he tries to project to market his work.

I don't like his style, much. But I do know what I have outlined here is pretty accurate. All of that being said, I didn't read about The Undefeated.

Last edited:
It shows that these pundits and so called experts are just a joke. They don't have a clue what they are talking about. They are proven wrong almost every week and they get tons of money to do it.

Ha, I forgot about him. Jason Whitlock is a racist, sexist tard that ****** off enough people to finally get fired from ESuxPN. Recall his racist, sexist hatred comment of the former LALaker (sensation), Jeremy Lin, who's asian-american? Didn't he **** off mark Cuban about something too?

His personality and his racial views are as ugly as his gnarled-up puss. Guy has been a success at nothing other than pi$$ing off viewers and listeners and readers of his blog. The proverbial gnat on the end of the horse that reaches the finish line second.

You probably don't know much about Whitlock other than what you see of him on TV or read from what he writes. He is all about stirring the pot and making noise to promote his work. It sells papers or magazines or advertising on websites because people go there.

He most certainly is egotistical. I am not sure what would lead you to think he is a bad manager. I suppose it is what you researched about The Undefeated that you allude to above.

I know for a fact he is not a bad person, and I don't even like his style. But he wrote for the KC Star for about 15 years as a columnist, and so I was around him.

While his writing style comes off as annoying, he is actually a pretty intelligent person. Many times sports writers get dogged for not having a brain in their head. That isn't him. He has written quite a bit on different high profile topics through the years. Sometimes they are sports related and sometimes they bleed outside of sports as important social issues.

He is a smart guy and he is smart enough to get people to read what he writes by having a style that usually rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I think that those people are usually white people from rural areas, too. That is what I am, basically. There is nothing racist about me that makes me dislike his style. But it is just different than what I like. I am sure there are probably others that are in the same boat. That is everyone's prerogative, of course.

I do know some other things about him. They are things he doesn't typically publicize. He just does them. He was very active in the Big Brothers of Kansas City program while he was here and continued to be active, maybe he still is to this day, after he moved. There are other examples.

I don't like his style or his persona. But he is not a bad person. I am willing to bet if you have some examples of things that make you think he is a bad person that they are really examples of the persona he tries to project to market his work.

I don't like his style, much. But I do know what I have outlined here is pretty accurate. All of that being said, I didn't read about The Undefeated.

This all very well could be true. Yet through his own writing style he has established a "persona" for his readers. There is a disconnect somewhere that he either WANTS a different persona to shine through in his writing, or his true persona shines through in his writing. Either way I think it says something about a man if this is either what they choose their image to be, or how their image shines through. We don't have the ability to see him day to day, so we judge him on what he has written and said, and lot of it is certainly ugly, racist, and sexist.

This is all wonderful and special, but when you read his biography and see how many times he has been fired/asked to leave/parted ways with, it shows what a colossal ***** he has to be.

LOL @ Brady Quinn saying Iowa is the most "boring" state.

Please qualify "boring" ***hat. I guarantee Quinn has never stepped foot in the state of Iowa.

Boring? That's probably why U of I is constantly ranked in the top party schools.

Boring? That's probably why millenials flood Des Moines after graduating from college.

Not as "exciting" as New York or LA? Maybe so, but hey Quinn, not everyone makes good enough money because of their cheekbone structure and ability to vomit meaningless opinions about college football to be able to afford paying $4,000 to rent a prison cell apartment.

Iowa, unfortunately is a very boring state. Is it the most boring state? I doubt it, but it's near the top of the list. Being ranked at the top of the nation for party schools only means there are a lot of fun bars in Iowa City, and yes, Iowa City is fun, but the state in general is very boring. I think the skepticism toward our ranking is because the Iowa brand of football is boring. Very few great athletes, very few explosive plays, etc, etc. This is simply how we are viewed, and a big reason why we are at the bottom of the conference in recruiting, and that won't change no matter how good of a season we have. I think it would take several years of domination from us to possibly change this perception. Even then, I'm not sure it would change much. We've just been labeled as boring for so long, and that's hard to shake. I think a lot of people view this season as a fluke for us, and the only way to shake that is to build on this year and string together a few great seasons. Go Hawks.

Latest posts