Any word on McCauley or other recruits

colon has 1yr at Iowa central but will redshirt and wrestle in the open tourn. will have 3yr in D-1/ the tourn we are waiting for is the Kaufman-Brands were everybody will see the real deal in the Elite Div. he won it last year in the amateur Div- and won outstanding wrestler also. his coach wouldnt let him wrestle the elite one- he want to but they wanted him to win it in the amateur Div. its going to be good!!!

Win it and that will speak louder than any promoting on here will.

Thanks fulsaas, I appreciate it! I like to hear that. If I remember, one of his main goals was to win Olympic gold. Not a better room to train in. There's a reason so many come to train here. C'mon Destin, make the right choice! You'll LOVE the black and gold!!! Best fans, training, atmosphere there is!!! It's great to be a Hawkeye!

i know he would give McDonough all he wants- and i didnt say he would win a D-1 title - i had said he could go with either iowa wrestler. just pumped for the season. there are so many D-1 wanting him it .

Whoa there tiger (or should I say, Lion?).

JC is a long, long way from D-1. The past several JC champs at 125 haven't done much of anything at the D-1 level.

Also, word on the street is that he's going to 133 anyway. We are sort of set at that weight for years to come. Any of the potential guys we put there will beat Colon.

I liked watching him wrestle in HS and he's not a bad wrestler by any means but he's not someone Iowa will be taking a close look at. I'm a UNI fan also and would like to see him in purple.

Welcome to the board TailgateTom. The Hawks are still a leader for McCauley but there was some thinking for a while that he may have been committed by now. He wants to make the right choice for himself and you can't blame him for that but it makes everyone a little more nervous. I strongly believe that he has 2 favorites and that Iowa is 1 of those final 2.

From various tidbits I have read it seems like fosu could be the other team trying to bid hard for Destin. Pruesse made some comments on it and on the Guillotine some posters have anywhere from hinted to them to a poster saying he will go there.

Fosu likes to throw out the glitzty car dealership talk but in the end they are more talk than action. Tom Brands has proven he can deliver the goods.

Destin, your well known at Iowa and would be a fan favorite from the best fans from day 1. Iowa has some serious guys on the team (Baldy, Carew, Moore, DSJ, Lofthouse, T n T Brands and some guy named Metcalf to rollwith and learn from. Your looking for gold and 145.5 is your weight; what better situation to train for the spot than working out with the top guy at the weight day in and day out. Your Grandfather played football with Nile Kinnick even. Don't fall for the sparkles and mirrors, you know Iowa is where legends are made.

icce they said the same thing in the high school level and the national level and Joe done great at each level- i think spooner u just couldnt get the job done- he is by far ready for D-1. he dominated everbody in JR colloge. he either tech falled them , pinned them- won 3 outstanding awards. National champ and MVP in his first year. i dont see anybody hangin with him this year. and when he goes D-1 watch out. he always prove it on the mat Denverhawkfan- he did with ur wrestlers!!! and he will do it and leave it all on the mat- thats the way Joe works- talks is cheap!!

icce they said the same thing in the high school level and the national level and Joe done great at each level- i think spooner u just couldnt get the job done- he is by far ready for D-1. he dominated everbody in JR colloge. he either tech falled them , pinned them- won 3 outstanding awards. National champ and MVP in his first year. i dont see anybody hangin with him this year. and when he goes D-1 watch out. he always prove it on the mat Denverhawkfan- he did with ur wrestlers!!! and he will do it and leave it all on the mat- thats the way Joe works- talks is cheap!!

And yet here you are, talking. How about you let him prove it on the mat.

My son is a good friend of Destin's. He told me last weekend that Destin is leaning toward MN. I'm hoping that's temporary and he comes to his senses. I hope we have our "closers" putting the press on!! This kid is a can't miss AA. Go Hawks!

My son is a good friend of Destin's. He told me last weekend that Destin is leaning toward MN. I'm hoping that's temporary and he comes to his senses. I hope we have our "closers" putting the press on!! This kid is a can't miss AA. Go Hawks!

Really, Minnesota? Not the team I heard that is making the biggest push to get him. Not saying they aren't in it. J has proven he can coach and recruit with the best of them.

Really, Minnesota? Not the team I heard that is making the biggest push to get him. Not saying they aren't in it. J has proven he can coach and recruit with the best of them.

j also gives his kid the path of living in a house and they they own them and become slum lords who wouldn't want to go somewhere where the coach gives you property all around campus lol

Dallas-

Blah blah blah! I got a headache just reading this nonsense. Take a step back and let HIM prove something. Like I said earlier, that will carry far more weight than you talking him up bud.

Latest posts