Any updates on Gibson?

I have to admit, I'm a little envious. I think Fran's done a good job recruiting and certainly things are better in that regard compared to the Lick era but I'd have to say that Fred's done a little better, at least on paper. Course, things can change in a hurry.

The ISU staff has done a fabulous job recruiting, and that will probably continue. Iowa has a great staff and if they can get the players, they can coach with anyone. TJ pulled a major gaffe with that recruiting violation a few years ago. That was a dumb move and thats the kind of thing that gets the NCAA sniffing around. That being said I would love for Iowa to have a guy on the staff that could recruit like him.

Where do you see ISU finishing in the B12? Top 4?

On paper the B12 seems to be heading for a down year. If there was any time that ISU could make a significant jump, it would be this upcoming season.

Of course by saying that I'm sure I've jinxed the team, look for multiple arrests and freak injuries to occur over the next few months.

Good question. I"m not really sure. I feel comfortable saying we will be better than TT, Oklahoma, K State, and OSU.

TT, OU, A&M, and Mizzou are all breaking in new coaches. Some are very good coaches but it's still a new regime.

Kansas loses 6 guys that played major minutes. Still Kansas but will be the weakest Kansas team since Bill Self has been there.

Texas, Baylor, Mizzou, and A&M will return a ton of talent.

In the end I see us anywhere from 3rd-6th. Yep I am drinking the koolaid so to speak but what I keep coming back to is that all our guys will be 3 years older than most the guys they are playing against. I think that is huge. Allen will be a 5th yr senior. Babb a 4th year junior. White will be 21. Etc. I think that will play a major role in this team and the fact that they have had a year of playing together where as most teams bringing in new players only have a couple months

I'm curious to see how good White is, it's been a long time since he played in an actual game. You pretty much know what you have with your guards but White is an unknown. If he turns out to be a stud, I think ISU will be an NCAA team next year.

I'm curious to see how good White is, it's been a long time since he played in an actual game. You pretty much know what you have with your guards but White is an unknown. If he turns out to be a stud, I think ISU will be an NCAA team next year.

No doubt he is the key. I think more of Allen than you do and think he will give us 15-18 a game. If Royce can be a monster down low I really really like our team. We will have a lot of outside shooters in Scotty, Allen, Babb, and McGee.

No doubt he is the key. I think more of Allen than you do and think he will give us 15-18 a game. If Royce can be a monster down low I really really like our team. We will have a lot of outside shooters in Scotty, Allen, Babb, and McGee.

I don't think Allen is bad at all. I think he is certainly a quality B12/B10 starting guard, I just don't think he is a borderline NBA quality guard like a lot of Clone fans think. If Allen averages anywhere close to 18 a game next season, ISU will do a lot more than just make the NCAAs.

It is pointless to try to reason with Cyclown fans. Their existence hinges on throwing out Pierre Pierce, DJK, DUI references and claiming that Kinnick would NEVER sellout if Rockewell, Aegon, etc., didn't buy up 10,000 tickets per home game. Cyclown fan is the same wherever you go. I heard the same monkey crap when I lived in KC. Instead of "hey, nice to meet a fellow Iowan, it was always "Iowa sucks".

Let them revel in obscurity and insecurity. Hoiberg will have every recruit NBA ready in two years, he will get them all to class, none of the kids have "issues", they were just misunderstood. Just go along with it, it will reduce the number of posts from them.

It is pointless to try to reason with Cyclown fans. Their existence hinges on throwing out Pierre Pierce, DJK, DUI references and claiming that Kinnick would NEVER sellout if Rockewell, Aegon, etc., didn't buy up 10,000 tickets per home game. Cyclown fan is the same wherever you go. I heard the same monkey crap when I lived in KC. Instead of "hey, nice to meet a fellow Iowan, it was always "Iowa sucks".

Let them revel in obscurity and insecurity. Hoiberg will have every recruit NBA ready in two years, he will get them all to class, none of the kids have "issues", they were just misunderstood. Just go along with it, it will reduce the number of posts from them.

Wait, who are you talking to? The last couple of pages have been some good discussion before you came in with your anti-clone initiative. If you want people to talk nice to you, rise above the bs and hand out the same nicities. Apparently you run into more turds than I do.

Random

Wait, who are you talking to? The last couple of pages have been some good discussion before you came in with your anti-clone initiative. If you want people to talk nice to you, rise above the bs and hand out the same nicities. Apparently you run into more turds than I do.

What good discussions are you referring to? Which ISU player is a future NBA player? Just what I want to read when I go to an Iowa message board to read about Iowa basketball. Here is an idea for you to consider. Why don't you go to the ISU board and talk to them about their future NBA prospects?

Good question. I"m not really sure. I feel comfortable saying we will be better than TT, Oklahoma, K State, and OSU.

TT, OU, A&M, and Mizzou are all breaking in new coaches. Some are very good coaches but it's still a new regime.

Kansas loses 6 guys that played major minutes. Still Kansas but will be the weakest Kansas team since Bill Self has been there.

Texas, Baylor, Mizzou, and A&M will return a ton of talent.

In the end I see us anywhere from 3rd-6th. Yep I am drinking the koolaid so to speak but what I keep coming back to is that all our guys will be 3 years older than most the guys they are playing against. I think that is huge. Allen will be a 5th yr senior. Babb a 4th year junior. White will be 21. Etc. I think that will play a major role in this team and the fact that they have had a year of playing together where as most teams bringing in new players only have a couple months

I wouldn't dismiss Okie St so easily. Only player of significance that they lose is Moses, but they add Nash, Cezar Guerrero top 75 guy, and a 6'11" 275lb JuCo center Philip Jurick (top 75 guy out of high school). Some pretty nice additions.

What good discussions are you referring to? Which ISU player is a future NBA player? Just what I want to read when I go to an Iowa message board to read about Iowa basketball. Here is an idea for you to consider. Why don't you go to the ISU board and talk to them about their future NBA prospects?

Or a better idea is you start your own thread or find another one to read. Gibson is going to ISU so naturally this turned into an ISU type thread and other Hawkeye fans started discussing the NBA prospects of the team. Its a no brainer. This thread is absolutely non threatening to anything you or yours.Chill out.

hows them sour grapes?
but really we were having an intelligent conversation, until you went on a Ryno rant, but whatever floats your boat.

Iowa State next year is gonna be an unknown, on paper we look really scary on the court is the unknown..
is White ready?
is Allen as good as people say he is?
What about the PG position? McGee or Sledge or could sledge move to SG like he did in HS and then proceeded to go of for 46 points in one game

Last edited:

Latest posts