Any updates on Gibson?

Gibson is visiting Iowa State this weekend per Twitter. I was really hoping Fran was going to make a press to get him but I guess Iowa will just have to face him every four years now.

You tried really hard to be funny, but you failed. Ryno is little more than a run of the mill idiot. You happen to join him in that category, but none the less..

He gave me a chuckle. So I say he succeeded!
Besides, don't you think Freddie's hair is just dreamy...........:p

Gibson is visiting Iowa State this weekend per Twitter. I was really hoping Fran was going to make a press to get him but I guess Iowa will just have to face him every four years now.

Good for them. Now we know why Lord Hoiberg retained Mann. Gibson is the final piece to their run at 4 straight national titles. But we wouldn't face him 4 years probably only 1 because Hoiberg is running an NBA prospect factory.

Scott Dochterman said that Fran is most likely banking scholarship because he now can offer Woodbury and Gessel along with 3 of his other targets for 2012 class. Woodbury is a much bigger deal (literally) than Gibson especially when you also have Olaseni. Don't think Fran is about getting other people's recruits so he may never had contacted him. Would have been impressive had the Clones ADDED Gibson alongside Godfrey instead they are REPLACING Godfrey with a similar player. When Gibson lands at ISU that just makes the chances of Iowa getting Woodbury that much better. Gibson is good but is another Basabe build - not a true center. We need to ADD another true center (hard to find) alongside Basabe. Gibson would have been nice but if we get Woodbury instead, then Iowa made better on the deal.

Last edited:
Good for them. Now we know why Lord Hoiberg retained Mann. Gibson is the final piece to their run at 4 straight national titles. But we wouldn't face him 4 years probably only 1 because Hoiberg is running an NBA prospect factory.

Scott Dochterman said that Fran is most likely banking scholarship because he now can offer Woodbury and Gessel along with 3 of his other targets for 2012 class. Woodbury is a much bigger deal (literally) than Gibson especially when you also have Olaseni. Don't think Fran is about getting other people's recruits so he may never had contacted him. Would have been impressive had the Clones ADDED Gibson alongside Godfrey instead they are REPLACING Godfrey with a similar player. When Gibson lands at ISU that just makes the chances of Iowa getting Woodbury that much better. Gibson is good but is another Basabe build - not a true center. We need to ADD another true center (hard to find) alongside Basabe. Gibson would have been nice but if we get Woodbury instead, then Iowa made better on the deal.

How does ISU getting Gibson make Iowa's chance at Woodbury any better?

I agree, Gibson is kind of replacing Godfrey even though they were pursuing him before Godfrey got the boot.

Based off of the names that are currently being thrown around I would rather have Gibson, the two Iowa kids and then hope for the best with the remaining two rides. I have a feeling IA will be in a similar situation next spring.

Based off of the names that are currently being thrown around I would rather have Gibson, the two Iowa kids and then hope for the best with the remaining two rides. I have a feeling IA will be in a similar situation next spring.

I've seen Woodbury play...I'd like to see us go after someone a little bit more Big Ten ready. Just my opinion though...he's getting some attention from the Big boys so maybe it was just his surrounding players holding him down.

Gibson would have been a very good fit/get for Iowa, imo. Iowa State appears to be getting some very good talent. Now can Fred coach them into being a very good team.

Gibson would have been a very good fit/get for Iowa, imo. Iowa State appears to be getting some very good talent. Now can Fred coach them into being a very good team.

To my knowledge, ISU hasn't gotten Gibson yet. They got a commitment from Niang yesterday, and Gibson visited this past weekend, but he hasn't committed yet.

But we wouldn't face him 4 years probably only 1 because Hoiberg is running an NBA prospect factory.

This may be true in the short term, but I do not expect it to be the case in the long run.

I think Hoiberg is doing what he is doing: (1) to make a splash; and (2) to get some quick wins--all in an effort to increase the long-term talent level willing to come to Ames. After he has done this, he will start bringing in 4-year players. Overall, I think it is a good strategy.

Lord Hoiberg- Now thats just a little over the top Ryno. :) I like King Freddie better- what do you think?

"Hoiberg is running an NBA prospect factory"

Outside of R. White, nobody the Cyclones are bringing in will play in the NBA.

Nobody is claiming Fran is running an NBA factory.

I do find is amusing so many cyclone fans come to this board. I'm pretty sure cyclonefanatic is still around.

Why do you care? Cant have someone disagree with you? I guess I can assume you come here to be right and it makes you feel better. Discussion is off limits.

Why do you care? Cant have someone disagree with you? I guess I can assume you come here to be right and it makes you feel better. Discussion is off limits.

I will answer your questions in order.

Why do I care?

Because you people are annoying.

Can't have someone disagree with you?

Ignoring the strange wording of that sentence, the inherent assumption of that post is absurd. The idea that Iowa fans all agree with one another is stupid, and only something an annoying person would even suggest.

I guess you come here to be right?

Of course I come here to be right, do you come here to be wrong? You do a good job of it.

Discussion is off limits?

Again, the notion Iowa fans can't disagree and discuss things amongst ourselves is stupid.

But answer this, why are you here?

You are here because a prospect with an Iowa offer selected ISU, just be honest.

I will answer your questions in order.

Why do I care?

Because you people are annoying.

Can't have someone disagree with you?

Ignoring the strange wording of that sentence, the inherent assumption of that post is absurd. The idea that Iowa fans all agree with one another is stupid, and only something an annoying person would even suggest.

I guess you come here to be right?

Of course I come here to be right, do you come here to be wrong? You do a good job of it.

Discussion is off limits?

Again, the notion Iowa fans can't disagree and discuss things amongst ourselves is stupid.

But answer this, why are you here?

You are here because a prospect with an Iowa offer selected ISU, just be honest.

You just want to fight. I guess you are entitled to do so. As for me being here because Iowa put in an offer on this kid, thats ********. I was here before that. If Iowa gets Gibson so be it. All the power to them. Some of you folks take this rivalry a bit far.

I come here because I enjoy the intelligent conversation with other posters. This site isnt a damn elite club, its a free social site.

Last edited:
You just want to fight. I guess you are entitled to do so. As for me being here because Iowa put in an offer on this kid, thats ********. I was here before that. If Iowa gets Gibson so be it. All the power to them. Some of you folks take this rivalry a bit far.

I come here because I enjoy the intelligent conversation with other posters. This site isnt a damn club its a free social site.

I don't want to fight at all, in fact, I would prefer if you did not post here at all. Wishing for your potential debate opponents to leave is hardly looking for a fight, in fact, it is searching for a way to avoid a fight. It would seem like the ISU fans who are here to crow about Niang are looking for the fight.

Also, I highly doubt you have ever been part of an intelligent conversation- or even if an intelligent conversation has ever taken place on hnation. But there are other venues of discourse than hawkeyenation, perhaps you should find one of those to get your intellectual fill.

I don't want to fight at all, in fact, I would prefer if you did not post here at all. Wishing for your potential debate opponents to leave is hardly looking for a fight, in fact, it is searching for a way to avoid a fight. It would seem like the ISU fans who are here to crow about Niang are looking for the fight.

Also, I highly doubt you have ever been part of an intelligent conversation- or even if an intelligent conversation has ever taken place on hnation. But there are other venues of discourse than hawkeyenation, perhaps you should find one of those to get your intellectual fill.

Wow, not only are insulting me, but you insulted your fell fans as well. Cream of the crop you are. I think this conversation is over. You just don't get it.

Wow, not only are insulting me, but you insulted your fell fans as well. Cream of the crop you are. I think this conversation is over. You just don't get it.

I'm sure 'fell fan' will get over it, whoever he is.

"I think this conversation is over. You just don't get it"

Wait, I thought you said you liked discussion. Let me guess, you only come here to be right?

Latest posts