Any truth to rumor that King is out for first half?

I just heard from a friend in Iowa that it was for dogging it in practice...in any case, I think KF is grandstanding for himself here a little bit.

its been clear all year that something just isnt right with this team, maybe a locker room issue or a scandal or something. it could have boiled to the surface over the short week.

This punishes the entire team on a revenge game and reward all team members for working their butts off....WHY reward Nebraska?????????? Whatever warrants 1 quarter, certainly could have been handled another way. Buzz kill Kirk back at it.....he just couldn't make it an entire season, could he?

this is one of those fraternity of coaches things where ferentz helps another coach because he does things the right way and he is still upset about lloyd carr being fires several years ago so he does stuff like this

This punishes the entire team on a revenge game and reward all team members for working their butts off....WHY reward Nebraska?????????? Whatever warrants 1 quarter, certainly could have been handled another way. Buzz kill Kirk back at it.....he just couldn't make it an entire season, could he?

Not the time to be a disciplinarian, and not the right guy to make an example of, for sure. It better be something serious if you are going to make King sit.This could cost the Hawks.

I am going to trust Kirk on this one. He has earned that in my opinion.

I see a bunch of crybabies in here. What kind of an example does it set if you allow one of your leaders to break team rules and not punish him equally? If it's true it's one quarter without him. King shouldn't be disciplined differently than anyone else simply because he is important. That wouldn't teach him anything. I'm sure he would acknowledge that in hindsight. I don't know what he did, but if he was slacking off in practice he deserves it. Iowa has never been in a position like this. Why in the hell would you be slacking off now? Suck it up and lead by example. His teammates look at him to lead. He needs to embrace that right now.

Since for now it's a rumor,don't need to speculate on what happened.One player doesn't make a team,it takes everyone working together,that's why we're undefeated.Go Hawks

We play 10 yards off receivers anyways. One quarter isn't gonna kill us. Decent chance we have the ball for over half the quarter.

Not great, but also not the end of the world. King didn't look like a world beater last week against Purdue, and with the bad weather and candy armed Armstrong, our main defense today is going to come from LB position.

Armpunt can be inaccurate and mistake prone, but has a cannon. Deep as the deepest....

Trying so hard.

If the punishment would have been the same at the beginning of the year, shouldn't be applauding Kirk for sticking to the rules like he should?

Latest posts