Any truth to rumor that King is out for first half?

Armpunt can be inaccurate and mistake prone, but has a cannon. Deep as the deepest....

"Armpunt" is only completing 54.7% of his passes. Compare that to Sudfeld (Ind.) at 60.5%, Leidner (Minn.) at 59.4%, Peterman (Pitt) at 62.8%...Hell, even Appleby (Pur.) is at 55.3%. (Tho lesser amount to sample from.) We seemed to do alright against those teams. Bottom line, this guy's passing prowess doesn't concern me a lot. Take away his 'home runs' and he's just barely an average passer. We'll see in a couple hours.

"Armpunt" is only completing 54.7% of his passes. Compare that to Sudfeld (Ind.) at 60.5%, Leidner (Minn.) at 59.4%, Peterman (Pitt) at 62.8%...Hell, even Appleby (Pur.) is at 55.3%. (Tho lesser amount to sample from.) We seemed to do alright against those teams. Bottom line, this guy's passing prowess doesn't concern me a lot. Take away his 'home runs' and he's just barely an average passer. We'll see in a couple hours.

Absolutely agree, I've said for a long time his biggest strength/threat is when he breaks contain and goes deep. His receivers are good/even very good and can bail him out. Contain his run/pass option and make him uncomfortable and he will force things.

What makes him dangerous is what makes him a liability.

Some combo of a collapsed pocket, minimized escape lanes, and sound deep coverage will be very important. And this is what concerns me if the last 3 games are any indication.

Assignment football and a productive, executing Iowa Offense are critical.

Absolutely agree, I've said for a long time his biggest strength/threat is when he breaks contain and goes deep. His receivers are good/even very good and can bail him out. Contain his run/pass option and make him uncomfortable and he will force things.

What makes him dangerous is what makes him a liability.

Some combo of a collapsed pocket, minimized escape lanes, and sound deep coverage will be very important. And this is what concerns me if the last 3 games are any indication.

Assignment football and a productive, executing Iowa Offense are critical.

You can both love him and hate him.. in the same series. The Huskers chances are tied directly to how well he plays. His gunslinger attitude and belief in himself that he can make any throw is what results in great plays... and devastating ones..

If CJB was out, I'd be very concerned.
Ott is out. Move on.
Team first.
Big ten title game is next week.
Debbie will be tough but we will field a team!!
Go Hawks..

You can both love him and hate him.. in the same series. The Huskers chances are tied directly to how well he plays. His gunslinger attitude and belief in himself that he can make any throw is what results in great plays... and devastating ones..

Whoa whoa whoa, I will never love him. Only a nebby fan would love him. Gunslinger? That's the kind of verbiage a fan uses....hmmmmmm?

It's not devastating when Armpunt does something dumb....it's awesome. And I hope he does it a lot today.

Pssst, your fandom is showing....

With so much on the line.....if this is true....could Kirk have given him extra wind sprints or something like that? If this costs us the game......he will never hear the end of it.

With so much on the line.....if this is true....could Kirk have given him extra wind sprints or something like that? If this costs us the game......he will never hear the end of it.

I love the discipline, tight ship, and "rules are rules" mentality. But I pray whoever is in for King to not get beat. Cause some folks who have been kept very quiet this year will be very loud.

Play well Hawks!

LOL ... if true and I mean a big if.. King what missed the bus or a meeting has to sit a half TA and JW throw a gang bang at there house wit a girl allegedly raped and they play the whole game. Jezz,what a world we live in?

This. Debby is a bunch of pukes.

I love the discipline, tight ship, and "rules are rules" mentality. But I pray whoever is in for King to not get beat. Cause some folks who have been kept very quiet this year will be very loud.

Play well Hawks!

Of course, we don't know the whole story. If you are going to sit a key player like that for an extended period of time, I would hope it sure better be for something way serious. But, since it is allegedly minor in nature, just seems odd to take a quarter a way. I also pray King's replacement does not get beat.

This hurts us badly. Now we have to rely on .....Maybin? Ouch! If Armstrong can run around long enough for someone to get open deep we are in trouble.

I just heard from a friend in Iowa that it was for dogging it in practice...in any case, I think KF is grandstanding for himself here a little bit.

I don't know if you are trolling or just have a stupid friend....I'll just assume it is a stupid friend and tell you that he is wrong, that isn't why he is getting sat down.

We can't criticize other teams for not punishing their players, then not take care of business with our own.

If it's true that Desmond was late to a meeting this week, that's what cost him a quarter of play, so be it. He didn't have class this week, he had one job.

Sit the quarter out, move on.

Wow, that is multiple times people have wanted wind sprints as the punishments. Players are only punished by having playing time taken away from them.

King probably does wind sprints on his own anyway, not a punishment.

and rules are rules. When you start bending the rules running a big organization is when all the crap starts to surface. People were mad at KF last year for playing favorites to Rudock and this would be no different without enforcing the rules.

I see a bunch of crybabies in here. What kind of an example does it set if you allow one of your leaders to break team rules and not punish him equally? If it's true it's one quarter without him. King shouldn't be disciplined differently than anyone else simply because he is important. That wouldn't teach him anything. I'm sure he would acknowledge that in hindsight. I don't know what he did, but if he was slacking off in practice he deserves it. Iowa has never been in a position like this. Why in the hell would you be slacking off now? Suck it up and lead by example. His teammates look at him to lead. He needs to embrace that right now.

Because this is not really about teaching life lessons anymore. It's about winning. And there's maybe four games left and I don't think they're in any danger of losing the respect of the team because rules.

Last edited:

Latest posts