Any idea who is the guy committing on Monday?

He ended up getting his Clemson offer.

I think he ends up committing to Clemson. Maybe Woodbury, I mean really, what the heck would Dolphin know about a kid from Georgia.

Guys it's not an issue that he doesn't have a ton of offers right now, he's only a Junior.

Exactly..... If he is 6'10 and a good post defender per the ESPN scouting report bring him on. Sounds like he has more game facing the basket than on the block but that is fine by me. Sounds like he has decent athleticism and just needs to add some strength/get a feel for his body.

Iowa is offering before he is on the "radar" as I don't think they want to get into too many recruiting battles with better programs...

One thing his ESPN profile said about him was that he "continues to develop athletically with his running and jumping ability."

So sounds like he is a good athlete which I wouldn't necessarily say about Brommer. I know ESPN profiles aren't always accurate so take it for what it's worth but it seems like he would fit this system well from what it did say.

Like Duff said he is only a Junior.

Knows something others don't know? It's called getting the offer in early so you can do exactly this: get an early commit before he gets a chance to elevate to a 4 star player and get more teams like Clemson in the mix.

He probably is a project, but he is 6'10"!!!! Plus another year to get in the weight room, possibly grow some more,etc.? Plus he plays on one of the best AAU teams!?

Wow, can we really be disappointed in this? Welcome aboard, Kyle!

Burky,
Do you know something.... let everybody else in on it.

I know little about Meyer that would probably ease anyone's mind. I have heard he's been picking up interest of late. Last I heard he was over 230 and not done growing. My point is that calling this kid "Brommer Part 2" shows that some people on this site still haven't figured it out. The same way they called Oglesby "Gatens Part 2". As was mentioned, I recall people mocking Cartwright's signing last season as well.

How could you not have complete faith in this staff after what they have done so far? Caff offered Basabe before anyone showed interest. Shouldn't that be a sign for some of you? He's offering Meyer as a junior people. It's not like he is in desperation mode. Wake up.

Last edited:
Burky,
Do you know something.... let everybody else in on it.

Kind of what I was thinking. I love some of the people that come out here and deride anybody who doesn't automatically drink the kool-aid, yet don't offer any other insight.

Maybe Meyer is an under the radar guy who we are getting in on early.. If so, then fantastic. But I hadn't heard ANYTHING about him before now.. So forgive the rest of us if we want to know what the scoop is with this recruit.

same way they called Oglesby "Gatens Part 2".

Well, to be fair, we haven't seen Oglesby play in the Big Ten yet.

But after the way Basabe and Cartwright have turned out, I do have to give Fran the benefit of the doubt on his talent evaluation. Meyer could turn out to be Shaq part 2 instead of Brommer part 2, but it's hard to be blindly optimistic after the past several years. I prefer to remain cautiously optimistic.

I know little about Meyer that would probably ease anyone's mind. I have heard he's been picking up interest of late. Last I heard he was over 230 and not done growing. My point is that calling this kid "Brommer Part 2" shows that some people on this site still haven't figured it out. The same way they called Oglesby "Gatens Part 2". As was mentioned, I recall people mocking Cartwright's signing last season as well.

How could you not have complete faith in this staff after what they have done so far? Caff offered Basabe before anyone showed interest. Shouldn't that be a sign for some of you? He's offering Meyer as a junior people. It's not like he is in desperation mode. Wake up.

objectivity will be met with pure stupidity from many on this board.

that being said, I appreciate the positive comments. Very refreshing.

And for the record, you're wrong about him having a Clemson offer.

He came away without an offer, he initially said he would wait a while to see if they would offer, he's since changed his tune.

Kind of what I was thinking. I love some of the people that come out here and deride anybody who doesn't automatically drink the kool-aid, yet don't offer any other insight.

Maybe Meyer is an under the radar guy who we are getting in on early.. If so, then fantastic. But I hadn't heard ANYTHING about him before now.. So forgive the rest of us if we want to know what the scoop is with this recruit.

Where have you been? Meyer has been discussed on Hawkeye message boards for several weeks now.

Exactly what did you hear about Basabe and Cartwright before Fran brought up their names? Just curious.

Latest posts