Anthony Hubbard to Transfer!

Wow, what a jerk of a thing to do to a coach who stuck his neck out for him. I hope he never plays BB again.

Ok, I've been disappointed about recruits before. But this one flat pisses me off.

That's what I'm feeling right now as well. It would have been much better if Hubbard had simply decided not to come to Iowa if he didn't really want to be here, so that we could have used the scholarship on Glover or someone else. Now what? We're pretty well hosed for 2011's recruiting.

Hubbard really left our cheese out in the wind, and I'm pi$$ed about it.

Just a thought but perhaps with the way Marble & White have been playing in PTL there is a chance Hubbard realized he might not see 35+ min/game as he initially was expecting. I'm not guaranteeing 20wins but at least this season Fran still has quite a few different looks he can potentially go to if things aren't working along with a steady increase in terms of the competitiveness in practice & off-season that should push everyone to get better.

I think I am most disappointed in the departure from a potential leadership standpoint as I was hoping he might be one to help step in and fill the void left by Cole in terms of pushing guys in the weight room, teaching to play through adversity, etc.

Wow. That is some straight up ********. You do this now Hubbard?? You've got to be kidding me. I hope any D1 team he hopes to play for tells him to go **** himself. I wouldn't want someone on my team who did something like this. That is just wrong. I have no respect for the guy.

Edit: I'm pretty sure we stopped recruiting Glover because Hubbard had given us his verbal. Sweet.

So being involved in an armed robbery and shooting you're fine with, but you draw the line at leaving a basketball team?

Perhaps we should wait to pass judgment until after we know the reason(s) that he is no longer at Iowa.

You new to the internet? It's standard practice to make a bunch of assumptions based on next to no information, then never learn a lesson when you continually look foolish later.

So being involved in an armed robbery and shooting you're fine with, but you draw the line at leaving a basketball team?

Obviously you haven't read the entire thread. Nobody said they were fine with his offenses. However, he has paid the penalty for those and put them in his past. Yes, we have forgiven him. I haven't read anything that said, "we were fine with it."
Now go back to clown nation and continue holding up Freddy's poster with your left hand.

This is a blessing in disguise. Hopefully Fran learns a lesson from this.

The one word in his statement that really bothers me is when he says he will be looking for a a school perhaps closer to home. Doesn't seem to jibe with the "homesick" aspect of his reason for transferring. You have to feel there is more to this story than we are getting.

Has anyone seen Bo Ryan in IC lately?

I am upset but thankfully he plays the same position as Marble, who I think is a more complete player.

Just gotta hope Cartwright can stay healthy.

Damn! I was looking forward to seeing what this guy could do with a lot of returning experience surrounding him.

WTF?

Exactly. I don't expect Fran to sign any players with questionable past/character issues again.

Until we know all the facts, how can you make this assumption? His past may very well have NOTHING to do with why he's leaving. If it were academics, then his past is irrelevant. Plenty of people with a good head on their shoulders struggle with academics every now and then, and it hardly serves as a mark against their character. Hell, I've nearly failed classes before, simply because I was in over my head, not for a lack of effort.

What a novel idea, jumper. Get the facts before passing judgment.That concept does not fit most posters on this board.
I have zero factual information about this but I'd lay money there are academic problems here. Nothing else makes much sense.
We may never know the real story on this deal.

Remember this is the same A. Hubbard who left Odessa Junior College after only 1 year because he said he was homesick and thus transferred to Frederick Community College in Maryland to be closer to home.

He may have gotten caught up in all the hoopla and attention of being recruited by some of the big schools and especially by the efforts of Iowa and Coach Fran. Sometimes when the dust and hoopla all quiet down then the real feelings start to surface.......and maybe those same feelings of wanting to be closer to home once again.

Wish the young man the best but with this decision he shows little regard for all the efforts shown to him by others who were there supporting him and in this particular instance willing to walk the plank on his behalf.

Well, this is freakin' unbelievable, and too bad for Fran; but I do wish the guy good luck and hope he figures things out.

Latest posts