Anheuser-Busch, U of I sign 4 year deal

checkpoints are a very good thing.

I have no problem with checkpoints on game days. People get way way out of control. I havent drank before a game in many years and hardly drink after because of 2 hr drive. i drunk driver with that many extra cars on the road and some of them drive like idiots sober is really asking for trouble.

Apparently a big deal. WHO 13 just ran a three minute spot on it during the 10:00 broadcast. Of course the whole point of the story was pointing out the hypocrisy of the university.

I think it is totally hypocritical of the UI to go into a deal with an alcoholic beverage company. How much is this deal for?

Up front I like to drink beer especially craft and import beers. Over time a lot of alcohol consumption is not good for a person.

The university's main and mostly only goal is education and research. Athletics is supposed to be part of the university and student experience. But there is nothing good about the UI endorsing alcoholic products. All of the medical and scientific research that goes on at the UI, the med school and hospital go against tying alcohol drinking to the UI.

I would like to know how much the deal is for and it would seem the UI could make other deals to make up that money.

Everything is so PC today. Who cares who they make advertising deals with? It's not going to change college drinking. If I'm a college student looking to get drunk, my drinking habits aren't going to change because the school's athletic department has a deal with a brewery. Extra income is extra income.

Everything is so PC today. Who cares who they make advertising deals with? It's not going to change college drinking. If I'm a college student looking to get drunk, my drinking habits aren't going to change because the school's athletic department has a deal with a brewery. Extra income is extra income.

Stop making sense and thinking rationally, pal. That crap don't fly in here. :D

Look, catching impaired drivers is a good thing of course.....but why should a cop have any right to pull me off the road on which I am traveling to insure that I have everything in order (sobriety, seat belts, insurance, registration, lights etc) when I am doing nothing wrong......
I think we should have "safety checkups" in everyone's home every year to make sure they are not planning anything or doing anything illegal....everyone good with that too?
I don't understand some people's willingness to just give up rights....like "no illegal search and seizure."

Let's be real. This deal will not in any way affect how much students drink. You can call it hypocritical, but in the end it is insignificant.

Let's be real. This deal will not in any way affect how much students drink. You can call it hypocritical, but in the end it is insignificant.

I don't believe that it will affect students drinking habits, nor did I ever say it would.

I've finally come around on this though after sleeping on itself ; It Don't make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
if don't make sense!

Latest posts