Anheuser-Busch, U of I sign 4 year deal

University of Iowa Official Athletic Site Gameday

Actually it's pretty recent, August 2011 recent.

Oh yea, Mo $ = Right?

Your linked article in your first post was from 2010, and was why the PSU game was mentioned as we played PSU at night in 2010. Nice try.

My point being aside from being able to walk anywhere you want with a beer the rules haven't really changed at all. For people to complain as much as they do about the changes you would think the police were walking around limiting people to 4 or 5 drinks. Anybody can get is drunk as they want tailgating at an Iowa game as long as they don't act like a moron. It really is that simple.

Umm no.

A new four-year agreement approved this month by the U of I athletic department allows Anheuser-Busch to place Iowa’s Tigerhawk logo on retail displays such as posters and flags, and promotional giveaways like cups, caps and T-shirts.

"umm no" what?

This is just promotional stuff that goes in bars, grocery stores and restaurants. Nothing to see here. Have you ever noticed the beer posters at your local grocery store having colors similar to those of Iowa and iState? Not just a coincidence.
I have to admit Natural Ice: Official Beer of the Iowa Hawkeyes has a nice ring to it...
Too soon for an Ed Podolak joke?

Natty Ice already has an endorsement with ISU...

200843_coach3.JPG

Your linked article in your first post was from 2010, and was why the PSU game was mentioned as we played PSU at night in 2010. Nice try.

My point being aside from being able to walk anywhere you want with a beer the rules haven't really changed at all. For people to complain as much as they do about the changes you would think the police were walking around limiting people to 4 or 5 drinks. Anybody can get is drunk as they want tailgating at an Iowa game as long as they don't act like a moron. It really is that simple.

This.

I think the fascists refer to them as "safety checkpoints".

Misread this as sobriety checkpoints.

Hey you can't complain, they're keeping you safe.

After the the game, police will focus on impaired drivers, establishing vehicle safety checkpoints, increased road patrols, and OWI enforcement teams. The UI encourages all drivers to be safe and sober on their way home.

Apparently a big deal. WHO 13 just ran a three minute spot on it during the 10:00 broadcast. Of course the whole point of the story was pointing out the hypocrisy of the university.

Latest posts