Andrew Long to Penn State?

not good for us for team hunt..this would be very good for penn state

gotta see it to believe it...if this guy gets a shot marion should be wrestling

I heard the same thing about the drug test. It sounded like all he had to do was clean up his act and ISU would have let him wrestle this year. But evidently he couldn't do it or chose not to.

I saw him this summer and 125 looked very far away.

Even if he does make the lineup for PSU at 133, I would be willing to bet he doesn't ever come close to sniffing the success he had last year.

HawkeyeScott

What makes you think that this rumor has any legs?

As far as I can tell, this is just a rumor that has gone viral on the net with NO ONE substantiating anything so far.

I would think it would be pretty hard to wrestle drunk and high...really hard to make it back to finals no matter what color he is in or who is in his corner.

Are you going to call out Tom like this if Marion comes back on the team at some point? just curious.
CR - I understand your point, but I think it's different when dealing with issues on your own team. If Long wanted to follow Cael he should have done so immediately, like Brands' wrestlers did at VT. I have no problem with Jackson or Brands letting Long/Marion back on the team after they've faced their respective punishments. But it's a different situation if Cael recruits Long at this point, especially after the big deal he's made about meeting standards in the wake of the Bubba situation.

On another note, PSU has become my new villain in college wrestling. I am really tired about hearing how great they will be. I hope Iowa kicks their butts this year (and next year, and the year after that, and...)

HawkeyeScott

What makes you think that this rumor has any legs?

As far as I can tell, this is just a rumor that has gone viral on the net with NO ONE substantiating anything so far.

Maybe it doesn't have legs, but the Penn St scout site isn't the only place I have seen this rumor. Maybe it just did go viral and people picked up on it someplace else and it made its way to all the boards, but I also don't think it is crazy since Cael is the one that recruited him to ISU so he is familiar with him and would feel comfortable wrestling for Cael, I don't know how comfortable he would be 1000 miles from home though.

CR - I understand your point, but I think it's different when dealing with issues on your own team. If Long wanted to follow Cael he should have done so immediately, like Brands' wrestlers did at VT. I have no problem with Jackson or Brands letting Long/Marion back on the team after they've faced their respective punishments. But it's a different situation if Cael recruits Long at this point, especially after the big deal he's made about meeting standards in the wake of the Bubba situation.

On another note, PSU has become my new villain in college wrestling. I am really tired about hearing how great they will be. I hope Iowa kicks their butts this year (and next year, and the year after that, and...)

Yeah, i actually agree for the most part w/ you. But i just think it's funny ( and hypocritical) how most fans have a different set of standards and morals for their team vs the opponent.

Maybe it doesn't have legs, but the Penn St scout site isn't the only place I have seen this rumor. Maybe it just did go viral and people picked up on it someplace else and it made its way to all the boards, but I also don't think it is crazy since Cael is the one that recruited him to ISU so he is familiar with him and would feel comfortable wrestling for Cael, I don't know how comfortable he would be 1000 miles from home though.

Well I have heard all sorts of things myself, (like Long actually visited PSU & verballed to one of the coaching staff face to face this past week), but still no one @ PSU is confirming the story so it is sort just more rumors being thrown into the pot...everyone saying something is a "friend of a friend that knows someone who..." etc etc.

Honestly in my opinion this could be very bad if it does happen. Like/respect him or not Long is a stud and i think he's getting sold short on here. He was a national finalist as a freshman beating Kjar, Robles, and Escobedo to get there. He gave McD all he wanted on multiple occasions although he never beat him. FF, i respect your opinion but in my view he accomplished more in one season than any of our 33 lb'ers combinded have. A PSU line up w/ 2 altons, Long, Taylor, Q. Wright, etc, etc and isn't McIntosh going there too? They could be loaded with talent.

Honestly in my opinion this could be very bad if it does happen. Like/respect him or not Long is a stud and i think he's getting sold short on here. He was a national finalist as a freshman beating Kjar, Robles, and Escobedo to get there. He gave McD all he wanted on multiple occasions although he never beat him. FF, i respect your opinion but in my view he accomplished more in one season than any of our 33 lb'ers combinded have. A PSU line up w/ 2 altons, Long, Taylor, Q. Wright, etc, etc and isn't McIntosh going there too? They could be loaded with talent.
You're right about Long. He had a tough bracket and he beat Escobedo, who gave McD his only loss last year. Same thing happened at Midlands...Long cleared a tough side of the bracket (Precin) and lost to McD in the finals. Appears he can beat everyone else, but McD is his arch nemesis.

Are you going to call out Tom like this if Marion comes back on the team at some point? just curious.

Well I guess it depends on when. If he does his year, proves he can stop acting like an idiot, and brands feels he is an asset again, then I see no issue. If a month from now he just lets him back, I will be saying the same thing or worse. Marion made mistakes and he needs to serve his time. What it seems Cael is doing here is saying "who cares that you broke their rules to the point they booted you, you are good so I will take you." That is assuming this is all true of course.

Tim Owen from B&W Illustrated talked to Cael & Asst AD Pat Donghia today @ practice. Tim said Cael would not comment on it & Pat said it was just another internet rumor.

However another PA wrestling Beat-writer emailed me that Long is still enrolled @ ISU & is leaning towards coming to PSU BUT since NO ONE is saying anything @ Rec Hall he can't print anything so I guess we will find out in the next few weeks if Andrew does indeed enroll @ PSU.