Andrew Fleming unofficial visit

Interesting looking prospect. Lord knows we could use more shooters.. Not a bad offer list, either. If Billy Donovan thought he was good enough to offer a scholarship, that tells me all I need to know.

Read that his parents went to UF and he grew up a Gator fan. Not getting my hopes up on this one

Read that his parents went to UF and he grew up a Gator fan. Not getting my hopes up on this one

The speculation is that Florida no longer has a ride for him after getting a four star SG to commit. It would seem Fleming has legit interest in Iowa for him to visit so shortly after getting his offer.

Vandy is filling their team with recruits that iowa was after. Joseph toye, riley lechance. Fleming will prob end up there too. Or he can play at creighton with cole huff.

Vanderbilt also received a commit from a 2015 SG. He's a ranked three star. I understand recruiting isn't going how we'd like it- and finishing second is more of a gut punch than simply striking out, but stop being chicken littles.

The speculation is that Florida no longer has a ride for him after getting a four star SG to commit. It would seem Fleming has legit interest in Iowa for him to visit so shortly after getting his offer.

He hasnt been offered a scholarship yet. An offer is expected to come during his visit though.

From the video clip only, I'd say this kid is a JO type SG and not a RDM type SG. I wouldn't call him a cornerstone offensive player but certainly a kid that could fill a very important role if he is a legit 3 pnt shtr.

From the video clip only, I'd say this kid is a JO type SG and not a RDM type SG. I wouldn't call him a cornerstone offensive player but certainly a kid that could fill a very important role if he is a legit 3 pnt shtr.

Looks a little more creative and explosive to me than JO. He shows pretty good athleticism jumping off two feet, reminds me a bit of Haluska in that regard. His handles reminded me a bit of Jake Kelly.

Looks a little more creative and explosive to me than JO. He shows pretty good athleticism jumping off two feet, reminds me a bit of Haluska in that regard. His handles reminded me a bit of Jake Kelly.
I agree with this assessment. Bottom line: Fleming would be an upgrade in talent over JO and has the explosiveness to create off the dribble. As far as our ability to get him: I can't help but think that it's a good sign that as soon as he got the offer, Fleming scheduled a visit. We may not get him, but you've got to be impressed with Fran continually identifying talent that could not only help us but that is willing to give a us a look and visit.

Sounds like he's enjoying his visit.

Retweeted by Rob Howe

Andrew Fleming‏@Andrew22Fleming·4 mins
Loving my day here at Iowa! Coach is awesome! This campus is gorgeous! The facilities are the best! Blown away!

While he's tweeting about how he's enjoying his visit, a lot of recruits do that. They are in the heat of the moment. He'll say that about his other visits too. I've come to realization that I won't get excited about a top recruit until they sign.

While he's tweeting about how he's enjoying his visit, a lot of recruits do that. They are in the heat of the moment. He'll say that about his other visits too. I've come to realization that I won't get excited about a top recruit until they sign.

This is true. But I also think it's interesting that he's taking an unofficial visit coming from Nashville, especially without an offer.

Show me how many visiting recruits who have been as effusive as Fleming about their visit to Iowa. Certainly not Atwood or Huff. Most who have been that enthusiatic are Iowa commits or have not yet committed.

Latest posts