And, the last domino falls

NCAA tournament along with all winter NCAA sports are cancelled. Thank you 2019-20 Iowa Hawkeye men's BB, women's basketball and wrestling for keeping us all on the edge of our seats. We will never know how you would have fared at the end, but you will forever be remembered in our hearts.

yeah i dont get it...so Iowa wont end up winning the national title in wrestling? Pretty fucked up.

Damn we need to have one thread for all this sadness :( I hope they still do selection Sunday so we can always wonder what if!

NCAA tournament along with all winter NCAA sports are cancelled. Thank you 2019-20 Iowa Hawkeye men's BB, women's basketball and wrestling for keeping us all on the edge of our seats. We will never know how you would have fared at the end, but you will forever be remembered in our hearts.

I know. This sucks. I wanted to see Garza showcase his game in the NCAA tournament. He could get POY and not get to play in the tournament.

I know that the predominant stance is that the right thing was done, and to the players and to the teams that it really sucks but it is a life lesson in that life isn't always fair. However, while all of that may be true, it doesn't mean that we have to accept the fact that life isnt always fair and that a subsequent lesson is that you fight to make it as fair as you can. The lesson that I have instilled in my kids over and over again is that life doesn't always go according to plan A, so the quicker that you can go to plan B, and C, and D and Z the better off you will be. I truly believe that perseverence is what gives us character.

So saying that, players, coaches, universities and fans have all invested heavily into their respective teams. Now of course it isn't a matter of life and death, but, just because it is not doesnt mean it isnt important. And I think it is. So I hope that everyone can get together and be creative in exploring plan B and trying to make this as right as they can.

Think about Penn State who hasnt been to the tourney in 9 years, or a team like Rutgers that hasnt for 29 years ( I think?). That has to really suck :(

Illinois hasn't been since 2012-2013, so that is a silver lining. Hopefully Ayo goes pro and they will extend that drought to over a decade.

Bad news: Ten years and counting with no NCAA wrestling title at Iowa.

Good news: Luka Garza should win all of the POTY awards. By a lot.

There will be no "One Shining Moment" this year.:(

Just saw that Disneyland is shutting down for the rest of March. All those families that were going to go there for Spring Break

Last edited:
Me worried? Nahhhh I'll drink some Corona beer. Remember to stay calm and eat some popcorn! We're in control.
giphy.gif

You won't see another live sporting event in this country until June, at least at the professional and collegiate levels.

Latest posts