And, the last domino falls

I know that the predominant stance is that the right thing was done, and to the players and to the teams that it really sucks but it is a life lesson in that life isn't always fair. However, while all of that may be true, it doesn't mean that we have to accept the fact that life isnt always fair and that a subsequent lesson is that you fight to make it as fair as you can. The lesson that I have instilled in my kids over and over again is that life doesn't always go according to plan A, so the quicker that you can go to plan B, and C, and D and Z the better off you will be. I truly believe that perseverence is what gives us character.

So saying that, players, coaches, universities and fans have all invested heavily into their respective teams. Now of course it isn't a matter of life and death, but, just because it is not doesnt mean it isnt important. And I think it is. So I hope that everyone can get together and be creative in exploring plan B and trying to make this as right as they can.

I do like the idea suggested by several players and coaches of giving the seniors another year of eligibility.

I'll say it again. Nobody wants to be that guy. Governor, mayor, school superintendent, athletic director, concert promoter, Taylor Swift, Beyonce. Nobody wants the stigma of a mass influenza spread pinned on them.

If a sick thirteen years old girl goes to a Taylor Swift concert and hundreds of concertgoers get sick, it will unfairly be pinned on Taylor and the concert promoter for life. Even though every bit of common sense says the sick thirteen year old should have stayed home. That's the way the world rolls these days.

The only other explanation I can come up with is that the five to seven day incubation period is a killer. That's where we need more testing kits. If people knew they were sick before they showed symptoms if would slow this down tremendously.

I don't like the overreaction and the proactive stance. It sucks. Our high school team had their state championship run halted last night. Permanently. I can sit here as Joe Schmoe and say we are overreacting, to stop acting like we have to live in bunkers for the next three months.. And we probably are. But I have a lot less at stake than elected officials. I envy none of them right now.

Latest posts