An Early Look-Ahead to 2019-20 Big Ten Basketball

This surprises me. He was not strong in the NCAA Tournament and needs another year IMO. But it does hurt Michigan. There were times this year where he carried them on the offensive end.

You can hire an agent and still return to school so both of these guys will probably be back next year. Cook might even hire an agent and return if he is still going to school.

The more players that leave MSU, Michigan, Maryland, Purdue, and Wisconsin, early for the draft, the more I like our chances to compete for the B1G title. There will still be enough pieces left of those teams and the rest of the B1G to give us problems.

The new rules allow players to seek advice from agents as long as they don't accept money, gifts, etc. and cut off ties with the agent once they announce they're returning to school.

Also, if you're one of the 60 players invited to the draft combine and aren't drafted, you can return to school.

This surprises me. He was not strong in the NCAA Tournament and needs another year IMO. But it does hurt Michigan. There were times this year where he carried them on the offensive end.
He’s already got a professional style game. He can shoot it from deep and has good athleticism. Can guard multiple positions.

I think he’s actually one of the better prospects in the conference.

The new rules allow players to seek advice from agents as long as they don't accept money, gifts, etc. and cut off ties with the agent once they announce they're returning to school.

Also, if you're one of the 60 players invited to the draft combine and aren't drafted, you can return to school.

Interesting.

1. I wonder how agents are giving "free" advice...there's got to be a quid pro quo. Isn't free legal advice itself of monetary value? If not, where would some of these guys get the $$ to pay an NBA agent...it can't be cheap.

2. The combine exception is interesting, wasn't aware of that. Basically they're saying "hey, the NBA led you to believe you'd get drafted so we'll give you a break."

Last edited:
Good riddance. Couldn't stand that preening, flexing douche. There was definitely an I on his team. And since I don't watch NBA, I'll never have to see his smug ass again.

Interest.

1. I wonder how agents are giving "free" advice...there's got to be a quid pro quo. Isn't free legal advice itself of monetary value? If not, where would some of these guys get the $$ to pay an NBA agent...it can't be cheap.

2. The combine exception is interesting, wasn't aware of that. Basically they're saying "hey, the NBA led you to believe you'd get drafted so we'll give you a break."

Found some more info on how agents are involved:

Once they officially sign with an agent, players can only accept the following benefits: transportation, lodging and meals related to meeting with the agent or conducting workouts with NBA teams. Agents are not allowed to pay for training, nutritionists or other services by professionals. Players also cannot miss class to participate in private workouts with NBA teams.

LINK

bad choice, he's not ready, Good for us tho, get him out of the competition against us!

Found some more info on how agents are involved:

Once they officially sign with an agent, players can only accept the following benefits: transportation, lodging and meals related to meeting with the agent or conducting workouts with NBA teams. Agents are not allowed to pay for training, nutritionists or other services by professionals. Players also cannot miss class to participate in private workouts with NBA teams.

LINK

good info, thanks

If Winston and Ward come back, which I think is the lean at this point, I would go with MSU.

Maryland will be tough. Still waiting to hear on Fernando, but I would guess he goes.

yes, top 2 on my short list