An Early Look-Ahead to 2019-20 Big Ten Basketball

Hopefully Wisconsin will be terrible.

Iowa has a good group returning, and hopefully Touissant will be "a" missing link at PG.

The Badgers will miss Happ, for sure. I don't think they'll be terrible, though.

I had forgotten Potter was sitting out. He'll be a nice piece for them.

Already had to update this rundown with Isaiah Washington announcing intentions to transfer.

Please let me know if you guys see something off in this piece or post updates when you see changes - transfers, early exits, recruits coming or going. I'd like to keep this up to date as reference during the offseason.

Thanks.

Checking in on who's back, who's leaving and who's coming in (I'll keep updating this story through the offseason):

LINK

Wow, that's a boat-load of talent leaving. If experience is better than talent, then we should be in fair shape. One thing to remember for next year, a large number of B1G teams had excellent recruiting years last year. Those players now have a year of playing experience themselves. 6 of one, half a doz of the other for Iowa, but I could see us finishing in top 5 or 6 again.

Iowa has a lot of experience returning. Good. I laugh though that every year they are one of the only teams that never has a transfer. Think of the "what if" had they had one this year or other good but never great seasons...transfers are part of the game now.

The Badgers will miss Happ, for sure. I don't think they'll be terrible, though.

I had forgotten Potter was sitting out. He'll be a nice piece for them.

They were terrible this year. Someone tell me how they finished 4th mucking up games with a bunch of hayseeds like that? I don't get it. Their badness showed in the Dance though.

Iowa has experienced pieces. Nothing truly has ever meshed for Fran before though, why should it now? Iowa needs to hit another gear and man I don't see it seeing the past as predictor of the future. 5-7th place finish.

They were terrible this year. Someone tell me how they finished 4th mucking up games with a bunch of hayseeds like that? I don't get it. Their badness showed in the Dance though.

Iowa has experienced pieces. Nothing truly has ever meshed for Fran before though, why should it now? Iowa needs to hit another gear and man I don't see it seeing the past as predictor of the future. 5-7th place finish.
They were terrible this year but won at Iowa at absolutely embarrassed us in the last week of the season in the Kohl Center? Off the top of my head they had at least 7 wins vs tournament teams at least 5 against teams that made the round of 32.

They ran into one of the hottest teams in the country at a time they weren’t playing their best. As often happens the tournament is about matchups. Does anyone remember Auburn almost lost in the 1st round??

UW went 14-6 in arguably the toughest conference in the country and got a 5 seed in the dance. That would have been arguably the best regular season for Iowa basketball in the last 25 years.

Terrible?? Haha now I have to sit here and decide if that’s the dumbest take I’ve heard on this board today. Amazing how revisionist some people get with their history.

They were terrible this year but won at Iowa at absolutely embarrassed us in the last week of the season in the Kohl Center? Off the top of my head they had at least 7 wins vs tournament teams at least 5 against teams that made the round of 32.

They ran into one of the hottest teams in the country at a time they weren’t playing their best. As often happens the tournament is about matchups. Does anyone remember Auburn almost lost in the 1st round??

UW went 14-6 in arguably the toughest conference in the country and got a 5 seed in the dance. That would have been arguably the best regular season for Iowa basketball in the last 25 years.

Terrible?? Haha now I have to sit here and decide if that’s the dumbest take I’ve heard on this board today. Amazing how revisionist some people get with their history.

I'm not saying you're wrong. But can you please stop sticking up for Wisconsin?

Might want to keep an eye on the farting Illini next yr. They were playing better toward the end of the year and have some talent coming in

Looks like Thomas Allen is not down with The Mayor. He's keeping his name in the portal. I will move him from possibly gone to gone.

Everyone wants to think they are a "realist".
Ha good point. It's not like there are people who know their thoughts are wrong but decide to share them anyway. If you're sharing your thoughts on a forum, you're probably pretty sure in your own head that you're right.
Yes, self proclaimed realist just like everyone else haha.

I like my chances in winning that particular argument though.

Looks like Thomas Allen is not down with The Mayor. He's keeping his name in the portal. I will move him from possibly gone to gone.
I always said Fred would not have the success in the Big 10 he had at ISU because the league is better and deeper. I’m anxious to see if it’s true.

Not even joking I think the Happ era at Wisconsin was the worst era in Badger basketball for the past 20 years.