Amara Darboh

Feel bad for the kid, but this could work in Iowa's favor. Teams like Florida, Michigan, and Notre Dame all have other elite WR recruits who aren't hurt that they can go after. Whereas Iowa has a history of sticking by their offers when a recruit gets hurt.

I know what you're saying and I would love nothing more than to join in you in thinking this works in Iowa's favor, but I really don't think this will cause teams to significantly back off, IMO. If this was a blown out knee or something more serious where teams would begin doubting his ability to produce post injury, I could see it...but a separated shoulder? With Darboh's measurables and performance portfolio to this point, I just can't imagine teams backing off.

This whole Darboh thing is getting old. He obviously views Iowa as a fall back school or maybe he just wants to go to school out of state for the experience. His back story is a good story, but I want guys that want to be Hawks because they love the coaches and love the school and the fans. Darboh has plenty of time now to go visit Wisconsin, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Michigan. Let let this year play out with Iowa lighting up the passing yards. Would love to see another top receiver commit so Iowa can tell Darboh, "sorry, all filled up"

CP why so hard on the kid, i believe was not born in the state and really only been here a few years, if so he should get a chance to look around, we are waiting on Diamond and Kozan as evidenced by telling Fuller to wait on his commitment, if we can tell a kid to wait til others commit i think we can wait on Darbough

CP why so hard on the kid, i believe was not born in the state and really only been here a few years, if so he should get a chance to look around, we are waiting on Diamond and Kozan as evidenced by telling Fuller to wait on his commitment, if we can tell a kid to wait til others commit i think we can wait on Darbough

Yeah, I'm probably not being fair. It just irritates me when our in state kids don't think of Iowa as their first choice. We're a good program. Like with Fuller, if he had a Texas offer, he would probably take it in a heartbeat. If Darboh commits to Iowa, I will be happy to have him.

His official visit will be on the 15th for Northwestern. That is awesome because of the environment that night PLUS all of the crazy recruits we have visiting that day. It is def a must win.

CP. We get down when a kid picks home state of Illinois over Iowa. Saying they should pick Iowa, but when kid, from Iowa, can look around at some pretty storied and legit programs, we get our panties in a bunch too. You can't blame a kid for looking around. The history of Iowa getting WR into the NFL is pretty much nil, so until this year, if you wanted to be a NFL WR why would you consider Iowa when you have Michigan, ND who have multiple receivers in the NFL. You have to remember the kid will and SHOULD do what is best for him. If that means Iowa great, if not I understand that.

Sometimes it's hard to take off the black n yellow glasses. You guys make some good points. These are kids after all. Even if we don't get Darboh, I hope that the perception of Iowa WR's changes with McNutt definetely going pro and hopefully Davis next year.

If we didn't get him I wouldn't be surprised at all BUT I do think that having his official for the Northwestern game could really change his mind on going somewhere else. I hope he gets some love there and enjoys his visit! I'd love to see him in black and gold but would also like him wearing a gold helmet!

Feel bad for the kid, but this could work in Iowa's favor. Teams like Florida, Michigan, and Notre Dame all have other elite WR recruits who aren't hurt that they can go after. Whereas Iowa has a history of sticking by their offers when a recruit gets hurt.

I'm surprised this doesn't come up more often. Between over-signing in the SEC (and a few other schools) and the history you note, as a kid and/or a parent, I'm not sure how that doesn't create a gulf of separation between Iowa and every where else? Shada is one example that comes to mind, IIRC his life was at risk and Iowa stuck by him.

Notre Dame isn't prestigious one bit. What they have is a national following that allows them to have pretty deep pockets. That then ensures that they have nice facilities all that.

Part of what Notre Dame has benefited from lately is that they've had a bit of turn-style at the coaching spot ... and that has allowed them to pitch a pretty nice sales line .... "Yes, you can help to restore the greatness of this tradition-rich program." And yes, I acknowledge that that is a pretty good sales pitch.

However, the problem is that it still doesn't change the fact that Notre Dame has been pretty irrelevant for a good while. Despite all the stupid-a$$ love that they get on TV ... they never live up to the hype.

The prestige of Notre Dame is by and large in the memory of their faithful.

I admit, Notre Dame has themselves a pretty good coach ... and their O is a rather attractive one for a WR. However, all the same, how many of Cinci's WRs were beating down the doors for the pros?

Quite frankly Notre Dame's WRs, prior to Kelly's arrival, were more attractive to the pros because Charlie ran a pro-friendly O.

ND has like one of the oldest fields around dont they? like no upgrades still real grass and all that ive heard its pretty freaking sweet there still have like old style score board no big screen or anything that would probably attract a lot of good athletes that and watching the movie rudy and its just ND whats not to like the name says it all i am in no means a ND fan im just saying

Latest posts