Am I done or am i just burned out

NCHawker

Felllas, I've got some serious hawkeye fatigue. Each week I anticipated game day with a certain level of dread. Is the offense going to suck this week? Is this going to be SSDD this year / this week? Fool me once shame on you fool me for a decade, shame on me. I enjoy college football and I just think maybe next fall I'll skip the hawkeye game - just not going to be must-see-TV as it has been forever. But its like a damned car accident on the highway..just gotta look. Ya know?

Here's to sitting on the edge of our seats to see who new OC is. Then the rest of the off season to see who all else is leaving/staying/coming in via portal. By spring the story lines will have us hooked again. We are just now taking a step back from all that this season gave us. Take a break from the football and pay attention to hoops and by hoops I mean the ladies and CC. Not the men they'll only make you cry.

Felllas, I've got some serious hawkeye fatigue. Each week I anticipated game day with a certain level of dread. Is the offense going to suck this week? Is this going to be SSDD this year / this week? Fool me once shame on you fool me for a decade, shame on me. I enjoy college football and I just think maybe next fall I'll skip the hawkeye game - just not going to be must-see-TV as it has been forever. But its like a damned car accident on the highway..just gotta look. Ya know?

Perhaps not burned out

But certainly Well Done

Burning-toast GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I feel your pain, problem next year, if KF stays his course, we will all be doing the over/under, on what game Cade gets carted off the field, obviously not wishing for this, rooting for the kid, However, just don't see him lasting just like this year, especially with an additional trauma to the knee, then the anxiety really sets in, Deacon Hill, yikes, that's when I start watching the European golf tour.

Neither here nor there

Just a comment on the behaviour of the Tennessee qb

Tennessee and its fans are and should be excited about Iamaleava. He has the tools and the presence of someone who is up for taking over a program that commands this kind of attention. For example, after one pocket escape and run for a first down, he held the ball out playfully to the Iowa defenders pursuing him. That’s just the right amount of swagger.

God bless him

By next August you will be over this, optimistic over the new offense, and ready to have your heart broken again.

Keep perspective. Its sports. Its supposed to be fun. When Iowa loses, no one dies and you don't lose your mortgage. Its just a game. ENJOY IT!!!!!!
Maybe you should email these same sentiments to Kirk.

Here's to sitting on the edge of our seats to see who new OC is. Then the rest of the off season to see who all else is leaving/staying/coming in via portal. By spring the story lines will have us hooked again. We are just now taking a step back from all that this season gave us. Take a break from the football and pay attention to hoops and by hoops I mean the ladies and CC. Not the men they'll only make you cry.
Yep, the men’s basketball program right now isn’t worth writing home about. They will be much better by this time next year.

It's the transfer portal. I hate it, but understand why it's here and why it will stay. College years come and go only once, and don't come back. I have no problem with kids wanting to be as happy as possible during this once in a lifetime opportunity.

But as a fan keeping up with all the comings and goings will just make you dizzy and mentally fried.

Neither here nor there

Just a comment on the behaviour of the Tennessee qb

Tennessee and its fans are and should be excited about Iamaleava. He has the tools and the presence of someone who is up for taking over a program that commands this kind of attention. For example, after one pocket escape and run for a first down, he held the ball out playfully to the Iowa defenders pursuing him. That’s just the right amount of swagger.

God bless him
I don’t even care if he is a total asshole who would transfer or go NFL after a couple of years. Come to Iowa City. Here is a cool million$ for your commitment.

You have PTSD.....we all do!

I don’t even care if he is a total asshole who would transfer or go NFL after a couple of years. Come to Iowa City. Here is a cool million$ for your commitment.
Kurt would never run plays that'd use him and TN has a decent OL. Wouldn't help without a different offense and that's not happening.

I am glad that divisions are gone in the Big Ten. It created the illusion that Iowa was accomplishing something when in reality they were just the 4th or 5th best team in the conference. Kirk should be embarrassed and pissed off how bad Iowa has lost to Michigan the last 3 years. How he completely wasted some of the best defenses ever in Iowa history. Instead Kirk is pissed off that the AD fired his incompetent son.

It should have been a package deal. Kirk and Brian should both have been fired and then have Phil Parker take over as Head Coach.

Iowa football is the only sport I still watch or care about. The NFL told me to be an anti-racist so I responded by completely cutting out NFL because their discriminatory salary scale killed former Hawkeye legend Cal Jones. I'll watch a non-Iowa college game here or there on OTA TV but I just don't give a shit any longer about anything other than the Hawks and I refuse to support the media industry by paying for a cable subscription.

I feel your pain, problem next year, if KF stays his course, we will all be doing the over/under, on what game Cade gets carted off the field, obviously not wishing for this, rooting for the kid, However, just don't see him lasting just like this year, especially with an additional trauma to the knee, then the anxiety really sets in, Deacon Hill, yikes, that's when I start watching the European golf tour.
If that plays out, they could have had Marco come in with 9 games of experience. But, they do not because they chose not do develop a young QB with a ceiling.

Latest posts