allhawkeyes.com site down

MikeyLikesIowa

I usually download their podcasts so I can listen to them at work. The last day or so their website has been down. I would hope they are aware of this by now.

Pat will blame mediacom

Pat said in one of his recent podcasts that he pays $265/month to mediacom for cable and internet. I laughed out loud when he said that. Who in their right mind would pay that much?! I like Pat, but anyone that would pay that much for that is a freaking moron!

Pat said in one of his recent podcasts that he pays $265/month to mediacom for cable and internet. I laughed out loud when he said that. Who in their right mind would pay that much?! I like Pat, but anyone that would pay that much for that is a freaking moron!

Mediacom has a monopoly in a lot of parts of Iowa. A guy like Pat probably has a giant pipe and a giant package for cable with all the sports channels. A big pipe is easily over $100 and a big package is also easily over $100, so I ain't surprised.

I hate to admit it - but I was paying around that back when I had DTV but I got EVERY channel and the NFL ticket. Cut the chord a while back and now I pay a total of about $100 for TV and internet. Now that streaming is a reliable alternative I have NO idea why anyone would continue to throw that type of money at cable. I do pay for HULU live now because I need it for Iowa games, but honestly, if I didn't WANT to do that - I could (legally) watch about anything I wanted on sites like Fmovies. Hell, I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on it last week in HD quality.

I hate to admit it - but I was paying around that back when I had DTV but I got EVERY channel and the NFL ticket. Cut the chord a while back and now I pay a total of about $100 for TV and internet. Now that streaming is a reliable alternative I have NO idea why anyone would continue to throw that type of money at cable. I do pay for HULU live now because I need it for Iowa games, but honestly, if I didn't WANT to do that - I could (legally) watch about anything I wanted on sites like Fmovies. Hell, I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on it last week in HD quality.

I'm on SlingTV now, flipping to YouTube for football season once Iowa games are off FS1, and the streams are a good 30 seconds delayed at least. If you're a thought leader like Harty, you can't be running your twitter 30 seconds behind the rest of the world.

I'm on SlingTV now, flipping to YouTube for football season once Iowa games are off FS1, and the streams are a good 30 seconds delayed at least. If you're a thought leader like Harty, you can't be running your twitter 30 seconds behind the rest of the world.

yeah, it does throw a wrinkle in my hot takes during games on twitter. It's actually made me put the phone down and watch more of the games.

Wuut? I get FS1 and FS2 with YoutubeTV. You may want to recheck that. You scared me.

The first 3 Iowa games are on FS1, which I get on Sling Blue. I don't want to give money to Google or ESPN until such time as I have to in order to watch Iowa, then I will cancel Youtube and go back to Sling.

I get it, like I'm not getting AMC until Better Call Saul comes back. :)

The first 3 Iowa games are on FS1, which I get on Sling Blue. I don't want to give money to Google or ESPN until such time as I have to in order to watch Iowa, then I will cancel Youtube and go back to Sling.
Yeah stick it too the man! Good grief.

I have ImOn for cable and internet, I pay $125 a month. About two years ago I was paying right at $98 a month. They keep raising the rates now every year. Every December they now send this same bogus letter saying the rates will go up at the beginning of the new year. They blame ESPN for the most part.

I have ImOn for cable and internet, I pay $125 a month. About two years ago I was paying right at $98 a month. They keep raising the rates now every year. Every December they now send this same bogus letter saying the rates will go up at the beginning of the new year. They blame ESPN for the most part.
I pay $98 just for internet!

Just dropped DISH due to constant fee increases and got HULU last week. Actually surprised with the picture quality and pleased with paying half the amount DISH wanted. Drop the mike and walk away.......... OR should I just insert DISH for mike there? :cool: