Alford to Nevada

The downhill slide will start for the Wolfpack

As soon as Alford steps on campus

Wonder who will get the current Nevada coach

They have made the tournament the past three years

Although losing in the first round two of those years

Something the Hawks haven't done under Fran or Mr. Davis

Steve Alford is a pretty decent mid-major coach. I wonder how the New Mexico fans will treat him when he visits them.

7c318cc6c66e9b9c8ae3a5e8c8fbd3c105dede4754945aa08896181570992aa3.jpg

BREAKING NEWS....Nevada mascot drops dead of apparent heart attack learning the news of Alford's hiring. Funeral services are pending.

One item of note: Steve Alford has an official twitter account he apparently hasn't touched since 2013. Oh wait, yes he has. He just liked a tweet 4 days ago...According to it, he is still UCLA's Head Men's Basketball Coach lol.

Somebody might be in denial.

This may not be a bad gig for him. He should be able to compete in that conference.

It will also make matchups with UNLV, and new hire TJ Otzelberger, quite interesting. I wonder if noodles (Craig Neal) would ever reunite with him.

This may not be a bad gig for him. He should be able to compete in that conference.

It will also make matchups with UNLV, and new hire TJ Otzelberger, quite interesting. I wonder if noodles (Craig Neal) would ever reunite with him.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he had success there.

Where has noodles been the last couple of years since being fired at NM?

Stevie will blame everyone except himself when the losing starts at Nevada. I'm sure he is expecting a free pool built behind his house, free clothing allowance, free hair cut's...... free, free, free everything for the Alfrauds.....

Why would any sane AD hire him looking at his past track record?!?!? Mind boggling!!!

First question at press conference announcement:

Coach Alford, what plans do you have for your new team?

I am not sure, I am set for life.

It is clear Alford is not a great major conference coach (Iowa and UCLA). But when at Missouri State and New Mexico he has been better so this is probably a good hire for Nevada. Obviously they cleared the first hurdle which is looking past Alford's deep character flaws.

It is clear Alford is not a great major conference coach (Iowa and UCLA). But when at Missouri State and New Mexico he has been better so this is probably a good hire for Nevada. Obviously they cleared the first hurdle which is looking past Alford's deep character flaws.
He won 19 games per year at Mo St (which shocked me when I looked it up) and 19 games per year at Iowa. He won 26 gpy at NM and 23.4 gpy at UCLA. If he can do the latter at Nevada, I think they'll be happy. The local Husqvarna dealer in Reno may not be, however.