Alford to Nevada

In 23 seasons, Fran has coached his teams to the NCAA tournament 9 times with a 5-9 overall record (3-4 at Iowa with 4 appearances in 9 seasons).

He reached the Round of 32 five times. He lost in the first round four times, including in the First Four with Iowa in the '13/'14 season.
NCAA while at Iowa...

Alford
3/7 = 42.9% appearance rate
1/4 = 25.0% win rate

Fran
4/9 = 44.4% appearance rate
3/7 = 42.9% win rate

This is not going to work out well. Nevada is a football school.
Nevada's current football head coach is former Iowa defensive back Jay Norvell, one of many players Hayden was able to get out of Wisconsin in the pre Alvarez years.

Jay had a nice bowl win last year and should have a team this year composed entirely of his recruits.

I don't get it. Alford just keeps winning...at least as far as dollar bills are concerned. I'd probably puke to find out how much money he's made coaching college basketball in his career. UCLA fires him, pays his buyout of $4.6M, and then he immediately signs a 10 year deal at Nevada.

W

T

F

Dan Bernstein can be a piece garbage himself, though he has mellowed a bit in recent years. His tweets about local Chicago media personnel Cheryl Scott and Aiyana Cristal in 2015 were deemed sexist enough to get him suspended twice in four months.

Bernstein is the longtime co host of a sports talk show on WSCR in Chicago. He is one of the best in the business at what he does. He is also a tireless worker for children with disabilities, donating copious amounts of time raising money so they can attend summer camp. He doesn't need to lower himself to the levels of dreck that he occasionally does.

NCAA while at Iowa...

Alford
3/7 = 42.9% appearance rate
1/4 = 25.0% win rate

Fran
4/9 = 44.4% appearance rate
3/7 = 42.9% win rate
I'm thinking Fran would move up higher statistic wise
I don't get it. Alford just keeps winning...at least as far as dollar bills are concerned. I'd probably puke to find out how much money he's made coaching college basketball in his career. UCLA fires him, pays his buyout of $4.6M, and then he immediately signs a 10 year deal at Nevada.

W

T

F
Their Math department isn't up to our standards.
giphy.gif