Alex Oriahki formerly of UCONN

well it was written by an NC Scout writer but it is interesting he mentions Iowa, Iowa State first but I'm sure it means absolutely nothing. At last we're in the mix I guess.

Oh wow, he is a big man. A guy like this could make Iowa a B1G title contender. But it sounds like he is already North Carolina's to lose.

Its always fun to speculate...and at lease we are mentioned. You never know what impact the exodus of all those guys from NC could have.

We have a good chance. Iowa has a long history beating schools like Gonzaga, Washington, UCLA, USC, Xavier, Missouri, Kentucky, Virginia, Virginai Tech, North Carolina, and Duke in recruiting battles.

We have a good chance. Iowa has a long history beating schools like Gonzaga, Washington, UCLA, USC, Xavier, Missouri, Kentucky, Virginia, Virginai Tech, North Carolina, and Duke in recruiting battles.

Yeah I hate it when Iowa offers top talent. Forget it lets see if we can't get some Iowa kid that nobody wants.

Yeah I hate it when Iowa offers top talent. Forget it lets see if we can't get some Iowa kid that nobody wants.

Duff never once said Fran should not go after him. He was merely saying that he isnt getting his hopes up for this one because of the competition in play here. Read much?

Hell yes. Adam Woodbury FTW!

If Iowa is scared of recruiting against a powerhouse like Virginia Tech, we really have no chance of ever being good again.

Yes, do not get your hopes up as Iowa will have an uphill battle to get this guy. He wants to go to an offense that centers around the big man (I guess other big men don't want that). He would be a 1 year player that would give Woodbury a chance to develop without having to play a bulk of the minutes. It is good he mentions us but I would think it would be tough to tell North Carolina no. With everything they have leaving he would be the focus next season.

Duff never once said Fran should not go after him. He was merely saying that he isnt getting his hopes up for this one because of the competition in play here. Read much?

You got all that out of his quote ? It says Iowa has a good chance list a bunch of teams. And you got Iowa should offer but I don't like Iowa chances because of the competition ? Must be rainbows and butterflies in your world.

You got all that out of his quote ? It says Iowa has a good chance list a bunch of teams. And you got Iowa should offer but I don't like Iowa chances because of the competition ? Must be rainbows and butterflies in your world.

First off, is the bolded part English?

Im sure all Duff was saying that its unlikely he comes to Iowa, not that Iowa shouldnt even bother with talking to the kid. The latter is what you were implying chief.

Not sure I like his attitude. Seems like a selfish guy that’d want the ball a lot and bog down the offense. I’d bet he ends up going to UNC big program with major need on front line. We don’t really need him with who we have coming back and coming in. I just don't think he'd fit with Coach or our style. Let ISU and UNC fight over him. That said if he chooses us let him come hahaha.

why bring in a 6'9 kid that only avg's
6.7 ppg
4.8 rpg
1.3 bpg
21.5 mpg
. are people on here sure he will be good enough to compete with the superior athletes of the upper echelon BT teams?

why bring in a 6'9 kid that only avg's
6.7 ppg
4.8 rpg
1.3 bpg
21.5 mpg
. are people on here sure he will be good enough to compete with the superior athletes of the upper echelon BT teams?

Why bring in a HS kid that has averaged:

0.00 ppg
0.00 rpg
0.00 bpg
0.00 mpg?

Latest posts