Alex Oriahki formerly of UCONN

why bring in a 6'9 kid that only avg's
6.7 ppg
4.8 rpg
1.3 bpg
21.5 mpg
. are people on here sure he will be good enough to compete with the superior athletes of the upper echelon BT teams?

He is 6'9 240lbs and strong, yes he can compete with the big boys of the BT. Three years ago he was one of the top recruits in the nation.

Those numbers are not bad considering he only played 21 minutes per game.

Not every transfer that Iowa State has had, got in trouble and kicked off their smart guy!

CWood you do this everytime. Shut up about it. A few, and not many, HN posters gripe about it or cared. Most didn't think it was a great way to build your team, how many transfers were there 5? Anyway most understand you had 3 scholly players or something ridiculous like that. The majority of us DO NOT care and think it is stupid when a cyclone fan does this condescending B.S. If he is a good player we want him. I'm sure every hawk fan would have taken Lucious or Royce too if they could have.

Just quit bringing it up, it's annoying and a bit in the past.

Not every transfer that Iowa State has had, got in trouble and kicked off their smart guy!

Only half.

Seriously, my biggest problem with the transfers at ISU is the pure number of them, not that Fred is using them to build a team. One or two is one thing, half the team is a little different. And for the record, I don't care if they've been kicked off their old team if they stay clean in Ames (or Iowa City as it may apply).

But wait, I thought you guys wanted Fran to build the program and not go the Freddy route?

I do not think bringing in a transfer once in a while to fill a need means Fran is not building the program. After all Iowa still has 5 incoming freshman for next season.

But it is so nice of you to care that much about Iowa basketball to come over here to make sure our program is not being built like Iowa States.

I do not think bringing in a transfer once in a while to fill a need means Fran is not building the program. After all Iowa still has 5 incoming freshman for next season.

But it is so nice of you to care that much about Iowa basketball to come over here to make sure our program is not being built like Iowa States.

I actually came over to here to gauge hawk fans interest of Oriahki. But thanks for caring about what I'm doing.

not necessarily true there is one recruit that interests me, and that is Trent Locket, the one and done wing from ASU. he fill a bigger need in that he is a 6'4 wg stats
34.9 minutes
13.0 ppg
5.8 rpg
2.2 apg
1.5 spg
bad # is
3.2 t/o pg
fill the gap if May is unable to go.
forgot where i stated this before or if i even did
wouldn't mind other peoples thoughts on him

I do not know about this guy. He certainly sends mixed messages. He is about winning and the team but yet is looking for a school where he can be the focus and get lots of touches. He feels he can be the focal point and shoot the ball but later refers to himself as a defensive player.

I watched him play against ISU.... Big body but not very impressive. He looked to have zero touch around the basket.

I would pass on him if it were me.

why bring in a 6'9 kid that only avg's
6.7 ppg
4.8 rpg
1.3 bpg
21.5 mpg
. are people on here sure he will be good enough to compete with the superior athletes of the upper echelon BT teams?

And only shoots 57% from the line. Don't understand the love for this guy.

Latest posts