AJ Edds mention in Senior Bowl practice observation

This may be a bit of a "duh" statement, but I think AJ will end up being one of the better pro linebackers we have sent to the NFL. He plays so well in coverage and displays a great deal of athleticism coupled with physicality and intelligence. I think all of those combined will translate in to a productive career in the NFL. Whoever gets him (which will probably be in the later rounds) will get a steal.

This may be a bit of a "duh" statement, but I think AJ will end up being one of the better pro linebackers we have sent to the NFL. He plays so well in coverage and displays a great deal of athleticism coupled with physicality and intelligence. I think all of those combined will translate in to a productive career in the NFL. Whoever gets him (which will probably be in the later rounds) will get a steal.

Please be the Steelers, please be the Steelers, please be the Steelers, please be the Steelers...

Im lobbying for the Bears, but they are stacked at linebacker, and oh yeah, they traded away all of their draft picks, lol. Im okay with him wearing Black and Gold again!

That is quite a mouthful and very complimentary when you look at Greenway. I love the way we play our linebackers in coverage - says something about our athletes we recruit and the way our coaches coach. Really prepares them for the NFL, which should be a great recruiting tool. It is easy to say that Edds might be the best player to get the least attention during his career at Iowa. He will be missed next year.

Humpal, Greenway and Edds have all been great cover linbackers, and all could run like deer.

Im lobbying for the Bears, but they are stacked at linebacker, and oh yeah, they traded away all of their draft picks, lol. Im okay with him wearing Black and Gold again!

I'm with you on this. The Bears have Urlacher and Briggs and then anyone else could be upgraded at the LB IMO. The Bears could use an entire Hawkeye draft. They need Calloway, Spievey, Edds, Moeaki, and Richardson. But unfortunately they still have Angelo drafting for them and he'll probably try to pull a rabit out of his hat with players from obscure colleges or Vanderbilt. He'll find a way to blow his picks somehow.

He will fit well on a team that will be in a division where teams have a tendency to spread things out a bit. Not sure that Pittsburgh is that place. I just hope he finds a good spot. I know the Pats could use a good hard working and intelligent linebacker. Their defense lost a lot of heady leadership with both Vrable and Teddy B gone.

Another from the same site:

–I saw Eagles Defen­sive Coor­di­na­tor Sean McDer­mott fol­low­ing this unit around the field as if he were a kid look­ing for an auto­graph. He had to like what he saw in AJ Edds (Iowa). He dis­played some quick feet in the bag drills and showed out­stand­ing cov­er­age abil­ity. He flows to the ball and just has a nice feel for the game. Phys­i­cal tack­ler that uses nice tech­nique too.

Link

Latest posts