AJ Derby off to a rough start

No problem. Like I said before, I don't care he succeeds or fails, it won't effect my life one bit.

Also 13 for 43 is pretty terrible and I'm sure AJ would admit that himself. It doesn't mean it will happen again or is the norm so I would hope when he does have a good game this same person that started this thread starts one about the great game he did have when he does have one.

Agreed 13/43 not exactly Heisman numbers. But then again my first solo day on my job (which I get paid for) was pretty ugly too.

I admit I know little about transfer rules but do you know if he could transfer back to IA?

I envision a father/son conversation like this. "Dad what should I do. I want to be a QB." "Son, pursue your dreams and live life with no regrets or what ifs."

After trying the QB thing for a full season as starter and it not really working out could he transfer back to IA? Again before all the name calling I don't keep up with the details of NCAA transfer rules albeit maybe a fairly obvious one.

lol.

if there is a bigger group of collective losers on earth then i dont know where they live.

iowa football players present, past, and future dont owe you pathetic peices of monkey spunk a damned thing. they have gifts most of you sweat pant wearing jackoffs can only dream about. what they do with those gifts is 100% their decision. if you want to make fun of his performance on the field fine, as long as we keep it real and aknowledge the people making fun of him probably didnt even crack the depth chart at their hs team.

no, i aint mad, i dont really give a **** what people do on here, i just want to make sure people understand that they are gutter trash.

8C47_4E2EBB60.jpg

If anyone wishes to form a more complete opinion, Cox Cable channel 22 in Kansas aired the game live and will be replaying it tomorrow, next Saturday, and next Sunday.

What kind of offense are they running at Coffeyville. If Derby is going to be a successful qb he needs to be on the move making plays rather than sitting in the pocket. Thats what made him so good in high school.

I hope he feels good about chasing his dreams when he is working 3rd shift in a warehouse in less than 10 years.

Stepped on a few sensitive toes on that comment, my apologies. I think he made a big mistake leaving to play quarterback when we have all witnessed the great choices our coaching staff has made in the past.

I guess what I should have said was his potential earned income dropped dramatically from making this decision, because I'm guessing he probably had it in him to be successful at linebacker in college and further. Guess we will never know.

Thanks for the update! like to read how he is doing. better to come i'm sure.

also - pujols did not play for coffeyville, maybe played at their field for KC MCC in his only college year.

I thought he went to Kansas?

I had KSU on the brain. The Iowa ties, the system, it does seem like a natural fit. I will go out on a limb here and say AJ Derby's skill set doesn't exactly fit what Charlie Weiss wants out of QB.:D

lol.

if there is a bigger group of collective losers on earth then i dont know where they live.

iowa football players present, past, and future dont owe you pathetic peices of monkey spunk a damned thing. they have gifts most of you sweat pant wearing jackoffs can only dream about. what they do with those gifts is 100% their decision. if you want to make fun of his performance on the field fine, as long as we keep it real and aknowledge the people making fun of him probably didnt even crack the depth chart at their hs team.

no, i aint mad, i dont really give a **** what people do on here, i just want to make sure people understand that they are gutter trash.

Aw Jeez duffman. Is everyone who disagrees with you gutter trash. I've been called quite a few names in my life, but "gutter trash" is a new one! You may have just made my day!

I don't care that he left Iowa and I'm not "rooting" from him to fail. In fact I don't care if he succeeds or fails. Also you don't know who the hell I am so don't tell me I don't have the balls, talent or ability to pursue my dreams.

If someone wants to poke fun at the fact he was 13 for 43 so what, why does someone need to come and defend him? That is a horrible performance and there is no way to spin it.

That's the problem with this board and a reason I don't post here much anymore. Too many people get their panties in a bunch when someone is critical of a former Hawk's performance or bash something that is Hawk related.

It does seem like some on here go to extremes, no middle ground whatsoever, you can clown a dude for going 13 for 43, yet it was just one game and it does not mean he will have a career in fast food.

13 completions for 248 yards is impressive

But 243 yards in 43 attempts is really struggling to say the least. Very rarely do you see QBs compared by yards per completion, its always yards per attempt. His was roughly 5.6 yards/attempt.

For comparison Vandy average about 7.5 yards per/attempt last year.
Stanzi averaged 8.7 in 2010 and 7.9 in 2009.

Put another way, at that pace AJ would need 535 passing attempts to hit 3,000 yards for a season.

JV needed 404 attempts to get 3,000 last year, Stanzi need 345 attempts to his 3,000 yards in 2010.

Latest posts