AJ Derby off to a rough start

Some people on here are acting ridiculous, grow up.

a. It was 1 game that no one here saw, correct me if I am wrong
b. It was his first real game playing QB in 3 years
c. A lot of us have transferred schools, jobs for various reasons.
d. He went to iowa thinking he had a chance as an all-American qb to play qb here and realized it wasn't going to happen.
e. If he doesnt't have a good year, he will have 2 yrs to play linebacker somewhere, maybe here.

Isn't Coffeeville and Hutchenson 2 year JC's or did they switch sometime in the past? I just remember ICCC playing them in years past. Cause if they are, and he's already a 21 y.o., he still has time to develop his game with a more mature approach.

The impressiveness of 13 completions for 248 yards is inversely proportional to the impressiveness of 13 completions on 43 attempts.

I'd like to see some of the highlights.

Maybe they throw it deep all the time. In that case, he would have a low completion % and a lot of yards regardless. It's just a pretty weird stat line. Say he stuck close to that average all throughout the game, and at some point on the way to be 13 of 43, he was 4-15... you'd think the coach would change up the offense on the fly. Naw, we're just going to keep throwing AJ.

Wish the hawks had him, although I don't know where he would fit on this Iowa team. We don't know a lot of things about this Iowa team, so that's part of it. Maybe (if he would of accepted and worked at a position change) he could be a big part of Iowa LB corps right now. A 6'5'' 240 lb athletic OLB would be pretty cool.

You should have listened to the coaches at Iowa AJ, hope you enjoy working at McDonalds instead of playing in the NFL.

Didn't realize a kid that never stepped on the field as a linebacker was destined for the NFL. So guess the obvious next choice is working at McDonald's.

Big freakin deal if he is a "former" Hawk. He wasn't going to play QB at Iowa so what did he do? He packed his stuff and left. He is a big boy and if he or you or anyone for that matter can't handle people poking fun at the fact that he went 13 for 43 then all of you have bigger problems.

Edit: And another thing, he is 21 so he isn't a "kid".

Ya....you guys defending a young man for chasing his dreams and maybe even wishing him well have BIG problems! What is wrong with you! I mean those of us who can't wait for a 21 year old man (with tons of talent) to fail have no problems!

Get over it already he left Iowa to pursue his dream not yours! Just b/c you may not have the talent or ability to pursue your dream doesn't mean you should route against those who have a pair to chase theirs.

Ya....you guys defending a young man for chasing his dreams and maybe even wishing him well have BIG problems! What is wrong with you! I mean those of us who can't wait for a 21 year old man (with tons of talent) to fail have no problems!

Get over it already he left Iowa to pursue his dream not yours! Just b/c you may not have the talent or ability to pursue your dream doesn't mean you should route against those who have a pair to chase theirs.

I don't care that he left Iowa and I'm not "rooting" from him to fail. In fact I don't care if he succeeds or fails. Also you don't know who the hell I am so don't tell me I don't have the balls, talent or ability to pursue my dreams.

If someone wants to poke fun at the fact he was 13 for 43 so what, why does someone need to come and defend him? That is a horrible performance and there is no way to spin it.

That's the problem with this board and a reason I don't post here much anymore. Too many people get their panties in a bunch when someone is critical of a former Hawk's performance or bash something that is Hawk related.

I don't care that he left Iowa and I'm not "rooting" from him to fail. In fact I don't care if he succeeds or fails. Also you don't know who the hell I am so don't tell me I don't have the balls, talent or ability to pursue my dreams.

If someone wants to poke fun at the fact he was 13 for 43 so what, why does someone need to come and defend him? That is a horrible performance and there is no way to spin it.

That's the problem with this board and a reason I don't post here much anymore. Too many people get their panties in a bunch when someone is critical of a former Hawk's performance or bash something that is Hawk related.

Thanks for making my point! I don't know you as I'm sure most people on this board don't know A.J.. What did you say "you don't know who the hell I am so don't tell me I don't have the balls, talent or ability to pursue my dreams."

I'm sure that is exactly what A.J. would say, "don't tell me I don't have the balls, talent or ability to pursue my dreams."

And you are correct I shouldn't say you don't and I wish you all the best in pursuit of your dreams!

PS - I don't wear panties!

HawkeyeScott

I apologize for implying you are routing against him. My comments are more directed to those who just can't wait to see him fail simply because he is no longer a Hawkeye.

1eatpopcorn.gif

lol.

if there is a bigger group of collective losers on earth then i dont know where they live.

iowa football players present, past, and future dont owe you pathetic peices of monkey spunk a damned thing. they have gifts most of you sweat pant wearing jackoffs can only dream about. what they do with those gifts is 100% their decision. if you want to make fun of his performance on the field fine, as long as we keep it real and aknowledge the people making fun of him probably didnt even crack the depth chart at their hs team.

no, i aint mad, i dont really give a **** what people do on here, i just want to make sure people understand that they are gutter trash.

lol.

if there is a bigger group of collective losers on earth then i dont know where they live.

iowa football players present, past, and future dont owe you pathetic peices of monkey spunk a damned thing. they have gifts most of you sweat pant wearing jackoffs can only dream about. what they do with those gifts is 100% their decision. if you want to make fun of his performance on the field fine, as long as we keep it real and aknowledge the people making fun of him probably didnt even crack the depth chart at their hs team.

no, i aint mad, i dont really give a **** what people do on here, i just want to make sure people understand that they are gutter trash.

And every one of your posts has never been overtly critical of a player's performance? I get what you are saying and it has merit...but you lose me when you then start attacking the posters with the same gutter trash attitude.

lol.

You just made a bewb of yourself as you are as trashy as it gets on here.

You mad people are taking your spot light?

HawkeyeScott

I apologize for implying you are routing against him. My comments are more directed to those who just can't wait to see him fail simply because he is no longer a Hawkeye.

No problem. Like I said before, I don't care he succeeds or fails, it won't effect my life one bit.

Also 13 for 43 is pretty terrible and I'm sure AJ would admit that himself. It doesn't mean it will happen again or is the norm so I would hope when he does have a good game this same person that started this thread starts one about the great game he did have when he does have one.

we all know the only reason his stay line showed up here is because hes a former hawk, and people are taking joy at his less than stellar line for the same reason. dudes going to be a medeocre or mauby even a bad qb for someone else instead of a standout de for Iowa so what?

Latest posts