Adam Robinson's attitude shows leadership

troy

I have really enjoyed listening to Adam Robinson's interviews and commentary on KxNO and WHO since the Orange Bowl victory. He has an awesome, unselfish attitude about his role on the team, and he is very supportive of Brandon Wegher. When Robinson scores, he appears to look for linemen to celebrate with. At Penn State, when he jumped on Richardson and Reisner's shoulders after scoring, you could tell that this was a true team and that everyone was on the same page.

AROB is great fun to watch. Comes out of nowhere for this team, and preforms like a champion! I was watching the Orange Bowl again, and AROB was the first player on the sideline to celebrate with Wegher after his game sealing TD, what a great teammate!

A-Rob and Wegher...best duo since...

07282008_majorleague2.jpg

????

Agreed, he just gives great effort every game as well. He played hurt vs OSU also. He also doesnt get in trouble. He is from Iowa to top it all off!
I also love it that the same things could be said of Wegher. I loved seeing him thoughout the year celebrate with his OL and congratulate ARob right away after his scores and great plays.
These two are very special players!

Let's not forget he was a late offer greyshirt, switched positions a few times within a year, got thrown in the fire at rb and performed extremely well. Most impressive of all might be that he never put the ball on the ground.

He did do a great job securing the football.I think he did have the one fumble in the Arizona game,but he was solid the rest of the year.He is a Great Hawkeye and makes all of us Iowans proud !!!! GO AROB !!!!!!

I am a huge ARob fan, but when I rewatched the OB, I noticed that aftger the XP on Wegher's TD, he was out on the field hugging and congratulating the XP team when they were leaving the field.

Also, ARob is great, but Iowa's all-time TD record may be in jeopardy if Wegher doesn't get hurt. 8 in his freshman year. 8x4 = 32. What is the record?

He did do a great job securing the football.I think he did have the one fumble in the Arizona game,but he was solid the rest of the year.He is a Great Hawkeye and makes all of us Iowans proud !!!! GO AROB !!!!!!

Did he lose one against Az or fumble and we recovered? I don't recall.

Tavian Banks holds the career TD record with 36 (him and Sedrick Shaw hold the record with 33 rushing) so Wegher could challenge that with 4 years of playing time. Also, ARob's fumble vs Arizona was when trying to leap over the line at the goalline. We recovered, but I was never clear if they ruled he scored or if we scored on the recovery, so not sure if it was an official fumble or not

Last edited:
Let's not forget he was a late offer greyshirt, switched positions a few times within a year, got thrown in the fire at rb and performed extremely well. Most impressive of all might be that he never put the ball on the ground.

+1

By all Accounts, Adam Robinson is a Class individual from the state of Iowa.

What a great year he had, in a trial by fire mode........he performed wonderfully, on and off the field.

Congrats Adam!

Latest posts