Adam Rittenberg brings up the Sandeman hit

All I have to say is that if we weren't 7-0 and the Big Ten's only chance at the National Title game I don't think we get those calls.

I think we were very fortunate for the almost 30 second late flag on Sandeman hit. Then the Wegher fumble was not even reviewed...

Then the DJK pass interference call was PI, but I've seen that type of contact not called before.

We are usually on the losing end of corruption. This time around, we were on the receiving end of it. All of the big, game changing calls went our way.

I expect the same thing to continue in Kinnick the next two weeks and I won't be complaining. Just hide it a little better than the SEC has been!

All I have to say is, you were not watching the same game I was watching. I don't care if you're the last place team in the nation, if your player takes a hit like Sandy did, that's a flag call, so evident and flagrant. That defensive player lead comletely with his helment with full intention of contact, Sandy did not duck down thus being not even partialy responsible. As for the interference call with DJK, the def. player grabbed DJK at the los and then shoved him aside just before the ball arrived downfield,mainting contact all the way, again so obvious it had to be called regardless who you are. as for the Wegher fumble, I'll give you that one, the instant replay seems to show it was a fumble, but I don't know what the reasoning was for not reviewing. I felt the Sparty players were players from Pennitentary U, not college players at all.

The comments on his article make me not enjoy college football at all. The same reason I didn't like the old boards. There is just so much negativity that it sucks all the enjoyment out of the game. It's supposed to be fun and it's being ruined.

one thing i will give credit to,is the michigan state trainer who was at colin's aid before the whistle even blew.cudos to her

All I have to say is, you were not watching the same game I was watching. I don't care if you're the last place team in the nation, if your player takes a hit like Sandy did, that's a flag call, so evident and flagrant. That defensive player lead comletely with his helment with full intention of contact, Sandy did not duck down thus being not even partialy responsible. As for the interference call with DJK, the def. player grabbed DJK at the los and then shoved him aside just before the ball arrived downfield,mainting contact all the way, again so obvious it had to be called regardless who you are. as for the Wegher fumble, I'll give you that one, the instant replay seems to show it was a fumble, but I don't know what the reasoning was for not reviewing. I felt the Sparty players were players from Pennitentary U, not college players at all.

The reason they didn't review it is because Wegher handed the ball back to the ref after the play. Why review a fumble that you recovered yourself. Check out the replay....

It's not surprising that the player that made the hit, Jeremy Ware, was one of those 3 players that were arrested and charged with robbery and assault a couple years back, but never suspended by Dantonio. Glenn Winston, the kid that spent 6 months in prison for putting another kid in the hospital, but never missed a game for the Spartans, also played against Iowa.

When you have a low-life coach that teaches there are no consequences for bad actions off the field, you have to expect that it will rub off on the players on the field.

the university needs to react to what the fans did and the actions of the players. this hit could go either way but wether it was intentional or not it happened and thats why the flag came. if he would of been seriously injured and no flag this ref would be in a heap of trouble or criticism. im sure he's ok with what he is getting today

It's not surprising that the player that made the hit, Jeremy Ware, was one of those 3 players that were arrested and charged with robbery and assault a couple years back, but never suspended by Dantonio. Glenn Winston, the kid that spent 6 months in prison for putting another kid in the hospital, but never missed a game for the Spartans, also played against Iowa.

When you have a low-life coach that teaches there are no consequences for bad actions off the field, you have to expect that it will rub off on the players on the field.

You went there Phoenix - well, before I did at any rate. It had to be done.
Of course they are in Michigan, though. That kind of behavior is expected up there.

Latest posts