about time for some Iowa City road construction projects

Lmfao. I don't live in IC, but every time I'm in town I see these 2 things.

Then they have Riverside Dr all to one f'ing lane from Burlington to Hwy 1. I mean, WTF, I just want to call up the city folks an bitch. Why the hell isn't this shit scheduled and done in June when half the city is gone. Why crank it up now right before the students get back and football season starts. On top of that, two major veins at the exact same time. I just don't get it.

Iowa City is a whore to get around anyway with the road choices and traffic. It only has two lane roads with lights all over. No 280 or 270 to loop around the city with exits. It literally takes 1/2 hr to get anywhere across that city.

Dubuque Street should be done by then I believe. They said Park Rd. Bridge would be open for Labor Day.

As for 1st Ave in Coralville? Who knows on that debacle.
I read a post last week or so about the 2019 football season. When you refer to "should be done by then", I assume you were referring to the '19 season.

Just drove on Mormon Trek today, a nightmare! It will be terrible on game days, went from 4 lanes down to only two. Who's the genius that made this call?

Just drove on Mormon Trek today, a nightmare! It will be terrible on game days, went from 4 lanes down to only two. Who's the genius that made this call?

The City is so hell-bent on making this town "bike friendly" that they keep taking nice 4-land roads and making them 3 lanes (middle turn-lane) and adding "bike lanes" on each side. Supposed to encourage people to ride bikes, which is stupid. If I could ride a bike to work, I already would. But I don't want to be a sweaty mess as I bike 5 miles to work in the middle of July. So even though we're growing and traffic is increasing, they're decreasing the roads available to us.

I read a post last week or so about the 2019 football season. When you refer to "should be done by then", I assume you were referring to the '19 season.

I'm just reporting what I head the city say. Now it sounds like it's going to be a couple weeks past labor day? Who knows when it's a government contract...

I'm just reporting what I head the city say. Now it sounds like it's going to be a couple weeks past labor day? Who knows when it's a government contract...
I figured. I was joking, or at least trying to. I think they've been working on Dubuque Street since the 50s.

Latest posts