About Arizona, Here's the Deal

jameskalina

If the Hawks are as good as most of us think they are and if the Hawks are truly a top ten team then Iowa will beat the Wild Cats and show the nation Iowa deserves to be mentioned as one of the elite college football programs in the 21st Century and a contender for the NC game.

If not, then Iowa becomes a national after thought, but still a contender for a Big Ten championship.

It would be interesting if Iowa loses to Arizona and then runs the table to finish 11-1 do the Hawks wind up in the NC game? With a loss at Arizona I think Iowa landing in the NC game is a long shot.

I really think that atleast the fan base in Arizona already puts us on that pedastal. Just the simple fact that they are calling for a RedOut shows us they are trying to do everything they can think of to add every little inch of edge to the game. You don't see teams setting up an (Insert Color Here)Out for the Citadel or teams of that stature. From what I've seen on Arizona is they rely on a lot of quick hitters and long screens (ie WR screens) and then hope their playmakers can take it from there. I just don't see that working against our D. While we may not be the fastest team D'wise, the fact that our guys are drilled to maintain their assignments and lanes will play huge into this game. I look for our bookends to stretch out run plays and our linebackers to fill the gaps, but for some reason I just see Sash having double digit tackles in this one, but in a good way, not your normal 15-20 yard tackles you normally see from safeties.

If the Hawks are as good as most of us think they are and if the Hawks are truly a top ten team then Iowa will beat the Wild Cats and show the nation Iowa deserves to be mentioned as one of the elite college football programs in the 21st Century and a contender for the NC game.

If not, then Iowa becomes a national after thought, but still a contender for a Big Ten championship.

It would be interesting if Iowa loses to Arizona and then runs the table to finish 11-1 do the Hawks wind up in the NC game? With a loss at Arizona I think Iowa landing in the NC game is a long shot.

I agree that there is more riding on a game like this than simply one win or loss for the year. How Iowa Football is perceived nationally could take a huge step this year if we perform up to expectations, which i see as nothing less than a BCS game. A loss to Arizona, on National TV would go a long way to foil that.

Latest posts