Aaron White Question

I do agree with a lot of what's been said here. That said, he was also battling some kind of elbow injury on Friday, per pregame reports. The fact he put up 5 shots against MSU was surprising. The fact he had ZERO rebounds was absolutely mind-blowing.

Branden Dawson says hello. As much as it pains me, BD did a good job against him and not letting him get separation at anytime, well, except when Clemmons threw the (&^&^%%$& ball out of bounds.

No more taking it to the rack weak. He should be producing and 1's with ease with his athleticism, but we have seen him too often going to the basket expecting a foul, putting up a weak shot, not getting the foul and missing the shot, ultimately turning the ball over. Other than that, I love watching whitey, kid plays with intensity...most of the time

I like AW but still do not know what to think of his game. How will he compare with J. Utoff? I certainly hope JU is a better shooter.

Branden Dawson says hello. As much as it pains me, BD did a good job against him and not letting him get separation at anytime, well, except when Clemmons threw the (&^&^%%$& ball out of bounds.

That accounts for his lack of shots. But no rebounds?

I looked it up. Aaron White has exactly one game in his career in which he failed to pull down a single rebound. And that game was on Friday.

That accounts for his lack of shots. But no rebounds?

I looked it up. Aaron White has exactly one game in his career in which he failed to pull down a single rebound. And that game was on Friday.

It appeared Dawson's single goal was to focus on White, he didn't rotate or help off of Aaron that I can remember. Not saying Dawson is a great defender and was the sole reason Aaron didn't get a rebound, but he did do a good job. Aaron not getting a rebound is confusing, but he has disappeared in games against the top competition before and not something that surprised me. When it comes down to it, was his elbow the problem or did MSU feel that they had to totally take him out of the game, which they did?

AW lacks some basic fundamentals which makes him not able to play a complete game. His upside is pretty high if he learns certain basics.

and Whitey says hi to b Dawson also. U telling me ur gonna start some bs that Dawson had a great game? He had 6 pts I believe. Wow. awesome. Might hav something to do with white's d on him? not saying white had a good game cause he didnt. But. Don't giv Dawson all the kudos. That's ridiculous.

"For all Aaron's strengths that he has; it is his weaknesses that are making him disappear in games against really good teams."

You aren't the first person to be wrong about this. White has had a number of impressive games against good competition. Look at his game log.

They need to shoot them with someone in their face. You watch them in warmups and they splash everything.

It's not so much a hand in their face IMO. They need to shoot them quickly as if someone is flying at them trying to defend their shot. They shoot warmup 3s before the game as if they have 10 seconds...like a FT. Put them up quick...off the dribble, with a jab step, etc. You play like you practice.

"For all Aaron's strengths that he has; it is his weaknesses that are making him disappear in games against really good teams."

You aren't the first person to be wrong about this. White has had a number of impressive games against good competition. Look at his game log.

He struggled against MSU and UM. Makes sense. Big and strong inside game. Might be indicative of lack of physicalness of other players on the team. I never expected him to have a strong game against MSU.

Since he is the biggest threat to score inside it was easy to focus on White.

and Whitey says hi to b Dawson also. U telling me ur gonna start some bs that Dawson had a great game? He had 6 pts I believe. Wow. awesome. Might hav something to do with white's d on him? not saying white had a good game cause he didnt. But. Don't giv Dawson all the kudos. That's ridiculous.

Well, I didn't say Dawson had a great offensive game, I said he played a good defensive game by sticking to White, that is all. Aaron didn't have a good game, just something against the top 5 teams I have come to expect.

White was good last year. He is better this year...got more attention from opposing defenses and still produced. It was much harder for him to get behind conference teams for break out dunks. He's a hard worker and a gym rat. He will get stronger and improve his shooting from the line, mid-range and 3 IMO. I also think he needs more and 1's inside and this will also come next year with the added strength. I have zero worries about AW.

White was good last year. He is better this year...got more attention from opposing defenses and still produced. It was much harder for him to get behind conference teams for break out dunks. He's a hard worker and a gym rat. He will get stronger and improve his shooting from the line, mid-range and 3 IMO. I also think he needs more and 1's inside and this will also come next year with the added strength. I have zero worries about AW.

He had 29 points and 13 rebounds in 2 games against IU. Not bad....

So three games where he has hit his average this season against the better teams and two of them against Indiana who likes to play an uptempo game that favors White's style of game...okay.

White has things to work on and could be a great player when all is said and done, he isn't much different of a player from year one to year two, in order to be a great player he has to be a different player from year two to year three.

So three games where he has hit his average this season against the better teams and two of them against Indiana who likes to play an uptempo game that favors White's style of game...okay.

White has things to work on and could be a great player when all is said and done, he isn't much different of a player from year one to year two, in order to be a great player he has to be a different player from year two to year three.

He has a hard time playing against big physical teams that play power back to the basket games. Something a number of our biggest players have a hard time with. Back to the basket. Pivot...shoot. Strength and fundamentals....

He has a hard time playing against big physical teams that play power back to the basket games. Something a number of our biggest players have a hard time with. Back to the basket. Pivot...shoot. Strength and fundamentals....

And players that are smaller and more athletic, his ball handling isn't good enough to utilize his size and length to create a mismatch.

I don't disagree with fundamentals on some players, just not all. Aaron has a lot to fix fundamentally and maybe that is why Iowa was able to get him. Player development at Iowa is crucial because they aren't able to bring in the 5* kids that some other programs are.

BTW, you understood the pigeon?

Latest posts