Aaron White Commits to Iowa

Now that the recruiting monkey is off his back, we will see the true colors of how good a recruiter Fran is. He no longer has to convince a kid to be first, or even second.

My suspicion, is that the local kids have taken notice that things are moving in a positive direction. Woodbury next?

Mike not be a "superstar" but I like this analysis. Sounds like a good ball player.

Held offers from Penn State, Northwestern, Temple and Saint Joes.

"White is a pure basketball player. He is deceptively athletic and he's always around the ball. He is one of those prototypical glue-types that can impact the game on many levels. He has quick hands on defense and he can get out and finish in transition. In the half court he can face-up his opponent and take him off the dribble and he's quite unselfish. His basketball IQ is high and his passing prowess, usually in the half court set, is high level."

Aaron White 2011 Basketball Recruiting Profile - ESPN

He didn't have a very impressive list of schools going after him.

There are three constants you can count on in life:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Someone commenting on an Iowa recruit's list of schools (regardless whether it's football or basketball)

I think Tyler Harris (SF) and David Kravish (C) are the next - and final - two guys to commit for the 2011 class. Basing this on Tyler's twitter feeds and Kravish's comments after visiting. I follow Tyler on twitter to see how is visits are going and what he is saying. So FWIW, it sounds promising for Iowa.

Positive momentum. The more "yes" Fran gets...the more he will get. And the more of the rust that's shaken off the program.

Senior Day in 4 years will be special for these kids when they look back and see they were intergral to bringing Iowa basketball back.

That would be awesome if they could get four in the fold for the early signing period because I think they will be going after someone in the spring.....no idea who but it's likely.

I think Tyler Harris (SF) and David Kravish (C) are the next - and final - two guys to commit for the 2011 class. Basing this on Tyler's twitter feeds and Kravish's comments after visiting. I follow Tyler on twitter to see how is visits are going and what he is saying. So FWIW, it sounds promising for Iowa.
Did they visit Iowa this past weekend?

There are three constants you can count on in life:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Someone commenting on an Iowa recruit's list of schools (regardless whether it's football or basketball)
It was an observation. What is wrong with that?

It was an observation. What is wrong with that?

Nothing at all. It's just one of those things that I've seen for years on these boards. Someone posts that a recruit has committed and it never fails that one guy, early in the thread, will say he's not impressed by the recruit's list of schools.

Don't take it personal.....just one of those things I find humorous. ;)

Nothing at all. It's just one of those things that I've seen for years on these boards. Someone posts that a recruit has committed and it never fails that one guy, early in the thread, will say he's not impressed by the recruit's list of schools.

Don't take it personal.....just one of those things I find humorous. ;)
I don't take it personal...After all I got zero offers to play basketball :)
Anyway, isn't it a decent measuring stick on a guy's talent?