Aaron Graves MaxPreps National Athlete of Year

This is seriously pretty fricking cool. Small town Iowa kid getting this sort of recognition AND then coming to Iowa. Love it.

At this point I have tapped out on the Iowa offense. I just need to know if the FG kicker will be decent.

I am all in on Graves and Nwankpa...even if they are just getting 12-15 snaps per game I want to see what that looks like.

Wins State title in wrestling then drops 33 in a playoff game.

Tell me what wrestler you know can even shoot a BB.
Well, there was a young man when I coached at Maxwell who was a 1st team all-state receiver, placed 2nd in the state wrestling meet, was on the 4x100 state qualifying relay team and was my starting shortstop and earned all conference honors at that. He regularly said he didn't get a tough enough workout in wrestling practice and would come down and run through practice with my basketball players... and would dominate. He could hit the 3 and he did rise up and dunk a couple of times - quite impressive for a 5'9" kid. He was also all state in choir and was the lead in the school musical. Even with all this he was a humble, funny and bright kid. Went to Iowa State on an academic scholarship, and that's the only mark against him!

Well, there was a young man when I coached at Maxwell who was a 1st team all-state receiver, placed 2nd in the state wrestling meet, was on the 4x100 state qualifying relay team and was my starting shortstop and earned all conference honors at that. He regularly said he didn't get a tough enough workout in wrestling practice and would come down and run through practice with my basketball players... and would dominate. He could hit the 3 and he did rise up and dunk a couple of times - quite impressive for a 5'9" kid. He was also all state in choir and was the lead in the school musical. Even with all this he was a humble, funny and bright kid. Went to Iowa State on an academic scholarship, and that's the only mark against him!

Wow. Sounds like a great human being. What is he doing now?

At this point I have tapped out on the Iowa offense. I just need to know if the FG kicker will be decent.
What do you mean, “At this point?”

Every single year you’re tapped out on the Iowa offense before the season.

Kid is going to be tough to keep off the field I bet. I think he'll play more this yr then AJE did his freshman year. He's all that and a bag of chips.

Latest posts