Aaron Fuller changes last name to Fricken-Fuller

Nice to see that DeShawn Sims shoots 10-24 from the field and scores 27 and gets player of the game.

Fuller line 30 points, 11-13 from the field, 8-11 from the line. Not good enough for POTG.

I wish this kid's night would be the emphasis of this board tonight but it will be over shadowed because Lick blew this game.

Nice to see that DeShawn Sims shoots 10-24 from the field and scores 27 and gets player of the game.

Fuller line 30 points, 11-13 from the field, 8-11 from the line. Not good enough for POTG.

he'd a got if we'da won

he finishes around the rim really well. Even if he misses, he does a good job getting his rebound back. Good basketball sense.

LOVED how the hawks kept giving him the ball!!!

Fuller's best game by far as a college player. He just punked Michigan all nite. It was fun to watch. All inside 15 ft....what a difference with no real tall guy inside like JuJuan Johnson or Mike Davis...now, can he deal with those types next year?
Great game ,Mr Fuller!!

Yeah, Aaron was awesome last night! That is why I picked him as my favorite player in that "Who is your favorite Hawkeye" poll.

Fuller has shown he can dominate against teams that don't have great interior defense. The next step is to become effective when the Johnsons, Lauderdales, ect... are in the paint. But Fuller is our best player, and his development is key for this program.

That's right, Aaron Fricken-Fuller. Hes gonna be real good.

Fuller was good, no doubt. But a lot of those buckets were garbage ones. It just seemed like he was in the right place at the right time.

He's a good player, no doubt, but isn't gonna be a dominant one.

Fuller was good, no doubt. But a lot of those buckets were garbage ones. It just seemed like he was in the right place at the right time.

Maybe, but Fuller is a very active player and it's no coincidence that he just happens to be in the right place at the right time so often.. Give credit where it's due.

It seems like he will struggle against taller players like J. Johnson from Purdue, but Fuller will be a pretty consistent contributor for us the next couple years, I have no doubt.

He's a good player, no doubt, but isn't gonna be a dominant one.

The majority of his points came from the foul line, back to the basket moves, and dribble drives from around 12 feet.

Out of his 30 points maybe 6 came from offensive put backs.

The majority of his points came from the foul line, back to the basket moves, and dribble drives from around 12 feet.

Out of his 30 points maybe 6 came from offensive put backs.

OK, fair enough. I've seen enough to believe he's just gonna be good, not great.

OK, fair enough. I've seen enough to believe he's just gonna be good, not great.

I guess maybe our definition of "great" is different.

He's averaging 12pts 8.5rbs in Big10 play this year as a true Sophmore. It's not unrealistic to project that to 15-9 and 18-10 in his Jr and Sr seasons respectively. When he gets the ball down low against anyone close to his size he's nearly automatic. With a little more depth in the front court he's going to present some serious matchup problems for the rest of the league as there isn't a 4 in the B10 that can handle him right now.

I think said and done he has a chance to go down as one of the Iowa greats. Greg Brunner averaged 11 and 8 as a sophmore so Aaron stacks up well to recent history anyway.

I wish this kid's night would be the emphasis of this board tonight but it will be over shadowed because Lick blew this game.

LOL

As great of a night Fuller had he needs to make his F'ing free throws going 2-4 in crunch time isn't going to cut it during close games. Throw in Cully going 1-2 at the end of the game and only shooting 57% from the line on the year. Those 3 misses are why we lost the game, make any of them and Michigan doesn't have a chance to tie it at the end.

I guess maybe our definition of "great" is different.

He's averaging 12pts 8.5rbs in Big10 play this year as a true Sophmore. It's not unrealistic to project that to 15-9 and 18-10 in his Jr and Sr seasons respectively. When he gets the ball down low against anyone close to his size he's nearly automatic. With a little more depth in the front court he's going to present some serious matchup problems for the rest of the league as there isn't a 4 in the B10 that can handle him right now.

I think said and done he has a chance to go down as one of the Iowa greats. Greg Brunner averaged 11 and 8 as a sophmore so Aaron stacks up well to recent history anyway.

I seem to remember R. Hummel and Purdue shutting him down last game as well.

If he's 15/9 next year and then 18/10 his senior year then he will be great in my mind. Don't see that happening but I'd be happy to eat crow on it.

Latest posts