A lot of 4* talented PGs being signed

We will be one of the worst in the conference at the PG position. Not sure what you consider "fine" but it is the most important position on the floor
I see there is another person that thinks like lightning1. The Iowa point guard is going to be fun to watch this year. He could be the worst, or he could be the best since the year hasn't been played out yet. He looks like a high level division one player to me.

I see there is another person that thinks like lightning1. The Iowa point guard is going to be fun to watch this year. He could be the worst, or he could be the best since the year hasn't been played out yet. He looks like a high level division one player to me.

With how little we've seen from him I don't know how anyone can say that

I think the odds of him being as good as MG was last year are extremely low too

The point of the MG remark was not to compare the two players and to decide who will be better. It's more to give you the idea that you can still have a pretty good team without having elite point guard play.

Purdue had a solid team last year and their point guards sucked. There is more than one way to skin a cat as they say.

If our PG play is average or even below average, other players will have to step up in others areas, but we can still have a good team.

With how little we've seen from him I don't know how anyone can say that
With what little you have seen him how can you say he is going to be the worst point guard in the conference. I've seen him play, and he looks like he is going to be pretty good.

With what little you have seen him how can you say he is going to be the worst point guard in the conference. I've seen him play, and he looks like he is going to be pretty good.

People complained about our PG situation last year and those guys were cleary better than CW. He's a wing that's going to play PG out of necessity. Ellingson got over twice as many minutes as CW did last year and everyone on here thinks Ellingson sucks but CW is going to be a good PG. Sorry I just don't see it

People complained about our PG situation last year and those guys were cleary better than CW. He's a wing that's going to play PG out of necessity. Ellingson got over twice as many minutes as CW did last year and everyone on here thinks Ellingson sucks but CW is going to be a good PG. Sorry I just don't see it
I understand that you don't see it, but we will see how he does this year. When I said he looks like a high level division one prospect I meant that he looks like he belongs playing in the conference. It really doesn't matter what you or I think, it is the players that are going to decide the reality.

I understand that you don't see it, but we will see how he does this year. When I said he looks like a high level division one prospect I meant that he looks like he belongs playing in the conference. It really doesn't matter what you or I think, it is the players that are going to decide the reality.

Well yeah I mean he doesn't look like a fish out of water out there but to think he's going to be a top 8 PG in the league this year is probably unrealistic. That's all I'm saying

Well yeah I mean he doesn't look like a fish out of water out there but to think he's going to be a top 8 PG in the league this year is probably unrealistic. That's all I'm saying
Hopefully, the world won't end at least until the basketball season is over, so we will see how it all turns out. I'm sure he is looking forward to the chance of proving himself. One thing that makes me think he is going to be a good player is he doesn't look timid or shy. I think he has the personality to be successful at basketball.

Hopefully, the world won't end at least until the basketball season is over, so we will see how it all turns out. I'm sure he is looking forward to the chance of proving himself. One thing that makes me think he is going to be a good player is he doesn't look timid or shy. I think he has the personality to be successful at basketball.

I don't know if personality has much to do with basketball. Uthoff didn't have a killer personality and he was an All American. Talent is what gets the job done

He is a BIG caliber wing. Shaquille O'Neal would be doo doo as an NBA point guard. That doesn't mean that he isn't an all time NBA great. It simply means that any coach that puts him at PG has no other options or is dick-brained.
For the last time, so that ignorant posts like yours stops:
CHRISTIAN WILLIAMS IS A QUALITY BIG TEN SMALL FORWARD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HIM GETTING AS MUCH PLAYING TIME AT THE 3 OR EVEN SOME AT THE 2.
HE'S NOT A BIG TEN POINT GUARD, IMO.

He is a BIG caliber wing. Shaquille O'Neal would be doo doo as an NBA point guard. That doesn't mean that he isn't an all time NBA great. It simply means that any coach that puts him at PG has no other options or is dick-brained.
For the last time, so that ignorant posts like yours stops:
CHRISTIAN WILLIAMS IS A QUALITY BIG TEN SMALL FORWARD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HIM GETTING AS MUCH PLAYING TIME AT THE 3 OR EVEN SOME AT THE 2.
HE'S NOT A BIG TEN POINT GUARD, IMO.
I think he should be fun to watch this coming year. He probably could be a quality big ten small forward, but that doesn't mean he won't be a great point guard. There are lots of guys that are capable of playing more than one position. I doubt he is a Magic Johnson, but Johnson could play all five positions on the basketball court.

I mean seriously, we had to go back down this road again? There will be plenty of time to bitch and moan about the team during the season, for those so inclined.....save it for them.

I think he should be fun to watch this coming year. He probably could be a quality big ten small forward, but that doesn't mean he won't be a great point guard. There are lots of guys that are capable of playing more than one position. I doubt he is a Magic Johnson, but Johnson could play all five positions on the basketball court.
Magic Johnson was one of a kind. For sure.