A lot of 4* talented PGs being signed

And when you look at team rankings they go by the composite not their own rankings. I fully understand they have their own ranking but they use their composite as their main ranking and aren't shy about pimping it out as the best in the business.

So they do their own rankings and he is a 4* according to those rankings, that is all I said. Jeeesssshhhh...

So they do their own rankings and he is a 4* according to those rankings, that is all I said. Jeeesssshhhh...

So Connor isn't even a top 200 player on 247 according to you. I consider him #111 in the class not #204 when looking at 247

So Connor isn't even a top 200 player on 247 according to you. I consider him #111 in the class not #204 when looking at 247

Like I said, you like to argue just to argue. I said Garza was a 4* by a service, and he is. Conner is a 4* by a service and he is. If you wanna bow down and suck the 247 composite ranking **** be my guest.

Like I said, you like to argue just to argue. I said Garza was a 4* by a service, and he is. Conner is a 4* by a service and he is. If you wanna bow down and suck the 247 composite ranking **** be my guest.

Connor is a 4 star by 247, Garza and Nunge and 3 stars. It's not the other way around

Connor is a 4 star by 247, Garza and Nunge and 3 stars. It's not the other way around

You might not like it but Connor is a 4* by 247 Composite rankings and Garza and Nunge are 4* by 247 rankings.

I'm not sure why you can't understand there is a difference between the two, they are two separate things. What you are trying to argue is akin to saying that the coaches poll simply doesn't exist, and only the AP poll exists. That is incorrect, you might trust or use the AP poll only, but there is a coaches poll.......and there is a 247 ranking and a 247 composite ranking.

You might not like it but Connor is a 4* by 247 Composite rankings and Garza and Nunge are 4* by 247 rankings.

I'm not sure why you can't understand there is a difference between the two, they are two separate things. What you are trying to argue is akin to saying that the coaches poll simply doesn't exist, and only the AP poll exists. That is incorrect, you might trust or use the AP poll only, but there is a coaches poll.......and there is a 247 ranking and a 247 composite ranking.

I'm sure you call Bohannon a 4 star when talking about him too.

I'm sure you call Bohannon a 4 star when talking about him too.

I would only say so if a recruiting service called him a 4* player.

Was Nate Stanley a 4* kid? He was on Scout, but not on Rivals
Is Wirf's a 4* kid? He is on Scout, but not on Rivals. He got an invite to the Army AA game, that only about 100 player get invited to.

I'm not sure why you are so obtuse about these rankings anyway. Different services have different rankings. If a kid is good enough to get a 4* ranking by ANY of them in my mind, they are impressing the heck out of someone who does this for a living. As I have said numerous times I don't live and die by these rankings, the players will end up being what they are, and I trust our coaches more than any recruiting services anyway.

If a player is listed as a 4 star on only one site, there is nothing wrong with calling them a 4 star. It certainly isn't something to get bent out of shape about. That's why sometimes people say "he's a concensus 4 star". It's better than just being a 4 star.

I would only say so if a recruiting service called him a 4* player.

Was Nate Stanley a 4* kid? He was on Scout, but not on Rivals
Is Wirf's a 4* kid? He is on Scout, but not on Rivals. He got an invite to the Army AA game, that only about 100 player get invited to.

I'm not sure why you are so obtuse about these rankings anyway. Different services have different rankings. If a kid is good enough to get a 4* ranking by ANY of them in my mind, they are impressing the heck out of someone who does this for a living. As I have said numerous times I don't live and die by these rankings, the players will end up being what they are, and I trust our coaches more than any recruiting services anyway.

I look at offers more than stars but if you aren't a 4 star by Rivals or 247 composite I don't consider you a 4 star. Just my thoughts

I call Bohannon a 4 star. Like Dean said, if a service gives someone 4 stars, it isn't an accident. They obviously are impressive.

People say ESPN sucks, and that may be true. But why do they suck? Are their talent evaluators worse that all the others? Do they always over rank small white kids from nowheresville iowa? Whatever the reasons they suck, it has nothing to do with doing a bad job evaluating Jordan Bohannon.

If even one ratings service calls one of our recruits a 4*, we go with that around here. It puts a happy face on the recruiting situation :) and creates a more positive (albeit possibly false) perception of the talent here. I'm good with that.

Yes, ESPN had him as a 4*

Between the 4 main sites (247, Rivals, Scout, ESPN) ESPN definitely has to be considered the weakest. They rarely even update their content including offers.
I'll take 247's Composite over anything else because it's a composite ranking. Garza is high 3* and Bohannon is a low-mid 3*

The way I see it is its a lot more likely that a service mid evaluates someone lower than they should be than mis evaluates them higher. Especially a kid from iowa. It's easy just to label him a 3 star and move on. When someone puts him as a 4 star, you have to wonder why, in a good way.

Between the 4 main sites (247, Rivals, Scout, ESPN) ESPN definitely has to be considered the weakest. They rarely even update their content including offers.
I'll take 247's Composite over anything else because it's a composite ranking. Garza is high 3* and Bohannon is a low-mid 3*

Them never updating their site makes it even more impressive that they took the initiative to move him up. If he was a consensus 4 star as a freshman but hasn't grown since and every other service dropped him to a 3 star, I could see why someone would say ESPN sucks so don't pay attention to them rating him a 4 star.
But they did update their ranking on him for a reason. I highly doubt their scouts have a bias towards Iowa kids. I've never heard anyone say they suck because their evaluators aren't very good at evaluating. So I see no reason to think less of ESPN's than Rivals or 247 in this situation.

Them never updating their site makes it even more impressive that they took the initiative to move him up. If he was a consensus 4 star as a freshman but hasn't grown since and every other service dropped him to a 3 star, I could see why someone would say ESPN sucks so don't pay attention to them rating him a 4 star.
But they did update their ranking on him for a reason. I highly doubt their scouts have a bias towards Iowa kids. I've never heard anyone say they suck because their evaluators aren't very good at evaluating. So I see no reason to think less of ESPN's than Rivals or 247 in this situation.

It's general knowledge for anyone that follows recruiting that ESPN is garbage. Hands down the worst recruiting service out there. Nunge is a better prospect than Bohannon and Nunge isn't even ranked. They didn't even rank Kriener in 2016 or CW in 2015. They never have height, weight or offers correct either.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/225115/jack-nunge

The way I see it is its a lot more likely that a service mid evaluates someone lower than they should be than mis evaluates them higher. Especially a kid from iowa. It's easy just to label him a 3 star and move on. When someone puts him as a 4 star, you have to wonder why, in a good way.

I think it's the exact opposite. ESPN is notorious for having a lot more 4 star recruits than the other recruiting services. I think they put so many kids at 4 star status so people like you reference their site over the others

It's general knowledge for anyone that follows recruiting that ESPN is garbage. Hands down the worst recruiting service out there. Nunge is a better prospect than Bohannon and Nunge isn't even ranked. They didn't even rank Kriener in 2016 or CW in 2015. They never have height, weight or offers correct either.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/225115/jack-nunge

But again, those are things that don't apply here. They know who he is and like him.

I think it's the exact opposite. ESPN is notorious for having a lot more 4 star recruits than the other recruiting services. I think they put so many kids at 4 star status so people like you reference their site over the others

If they really do have more 4 stars than that is a valid point.