A former "white" player (Jack Kallenberger) speaks up......it's not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion but I feel like in this thread and some of the others there have been people with different opinions who have presented them in a reasonable fashion. Yet, your responses are still snarky and/or judgmental.

You are entitled to your opinion. It's a huge subject. I can't help but struggle with some of yours as being arrogant. When people disagree that happens. With these subjects the stakes are high... Iowa football and racism being the two subjects.

I'm pretty sure you were one of the snarky ones about my concerns about Doyle and Rhabdo which was abuse. I'm not as sutre but pretty sure you were a supporter of BF s
Tough guy methods.

The problem is that guys who have no filter like BF can stop on other issues. The comments are meant to demean and control.

Right now I'm rather embarrassed to be a Hawk fan. Some are still more upset of 80 s Rose Bowls than racial undertones done to intimidate demean and control.

His post says he was diagnosed and took medication all his life.

Also from his post it says you have to get diagnosed through the sports program when you get to Iowa, and he wasn't given that opportunity for almost a year.

This is a breakdown in the program as well. You cannot let an 18 year old in a new environment under intenst pressure with that type od condition just flounder.

This whole football program makes the University look really bad.

No, you don't get it. You cannot say that you invite intelligent debate and at the same time demean my position by telling me I am sad and that I dont get it.

I would say that you need to pick which way you want it, but then I realize that you have to be a democrat and that makes all of it make sense.

I saw your comment about how if we stop talking about racism it will go away. Were you serious? You really dont think that it is that easy, do you?

No, you don't get it. You cannot say that you invite intelligent debate and at the same time demean my position by telling me I am sad and that I dont get it.

I would say that you need to pick which way you want it, but then I realize that you have to be a democrat and that makes all of it make sense.

To be fair your solution is to stop talking about it. We would still live in a society that has segregation if nobody ever talked about racism.

Just to get my bearings here didnt Kallenberger play a decent amount of Off line last year? I seem to remember him not as a starter in first game but playing a lot as Jackson was hurt and some line reshuffling was taking place.

Any info on my question is appreciated?

wrong kallenberger. Mark played, Jack didn’t.

Republicans are ok with racism and Dems arent?

Its a start and the beginning of being able to judge each person we meet on their individual character and not generalize a group of people because of the color of their skin. That is the foundation of what has to happen in order to see positive progress. And it is important that goes both ways. Will it be easy? No, of course not.

Want to know how it is not going to get fixed, and in fact, only get worse? Keep all this shit up, burn down the cities, burn down athletic programs, scorch anyone that doesn't agree with what you agree with, sand bag your mentors on social media and destroy them in the court of public opinion, etc. All that will happen is that resentments will build that were not there before and the cause only drifts further and further away from whatever goal they had, and that is if they had one. And at that point there wont be anything left to fight over.

Have you ever seen anything on the decade of the 60s in the USA?

Would silence have helped get blacks civil rights?

Steve Garvey was a hell of a player. As for how he treated women...

I think we can agree both were bad.

I ve had in my life experience to have dyslexia and 3 kids with LD.

Worse...doubt it bad yes.

Steve Garvey was a cad at one point, yes.

I think it would be worse if Kallenberger was black, but I respect your opinion.

[QUOTE="EstronHawkKing, post: 1958606,

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but even though this bullying behavior is bad, it doesn’t approach racism

Are you saying this is where we are? Seriously? From what I have studied (I cant remember because I was not born at the time), the protests were about civil rights, rights that other people in this country had that they did not and only because of the color of their skin. The protests were about accomplishing something. Those things were about desegregation, so that black people could use a public restroom, or sit at the front of the bus, or play on a sports team, etc. It was about constitutional rights. It was wrong and the protested in order to make it right.

We are not there. We have made a lot of progress over the last 50 years. Sure, there is more to do, on all sides, but going back to square one and starting all over is way overboard.

But why is silence the answer?
You just said we are not there yet. We see blacks gunned down every year. At a higher rate than any other race. Their schools are bad which creates poor learners which inhibits their ability to get into college which inhibits their ability to get a good paying job and share in the dream that this country was built on.

Sure we have made progress. But, what you are seeing is an outpouring of grief and anger because it is not enough.

Silence is not the answer. And I get where you are coming from saying everything turns into race. And unfortunately that is the outcome of where our society is right now.

Racism will only stop when races are treated equally.

I dont think Jack Kallenberger's issues where about racism, so maybe you need to open your eyes and see that guy is white.

Come on, seriously? You are moving the goalpost here, I never said Jack Kallenberger's had anything to do with racism. I referenced what you said in another article, I think you understand that since you explained it:

I am not saying ignore the issue. What I am saying is that everytime there is an issue, stop talking about it being about racism.

I think Jack Kallenberger's post simply hammers home how much of a dirtbag Doyle is and the coach he was talking about.

With Jack being white, doesn't that show that Doyle is an equal opportunity bullying prick, but not racist?

Not necessarily. Based on the comments that have come out he very easily be both a racist and a prick. I think this shows more along the lines of if he isn't a racist, then he might simply be the "equal opportunity bullying prick" you suggested, who has zero understanding of ethical coaching. As said by numerous others in multiple posts, there is a line that he crossed (whether racist or not) that no coach should ever cross. But either way it doesn't have to be an either/or argument. He could very easily be both, but that's for those that know him to decide.

You are a pathetic human.
The truth hurts. I can't play at the U of Iowa either. Who cares about my feelings? I wasn't fast enough. Bottom line is I can't qualify for lots of things. So I try other things. Man up Karen. Its life. Darwinism. Life doesn't care about you Karen. Well, some of life does but not major college football. How can you be offended by the fact that he couldn't cut it. He couldn't. Regardless of the reason. There are no asterisks. *had slow 40 time* Son of a.....

Status
Not open for further replies.