A former "white" player (Jack Kallenberger) speaks up......it's not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kallenberger was black, this taunting would have looked a lot worse, right?

It's bad either way. So are you saying that since he went after a white player over intellectual executive function that racist comments are ok? He s a jerk to whites as well? You name on here is a bit dubious.

Just to get my bearings here didnt Kallenberger play a decent amount of Off line last year? I seem to remember him not as a starter in first game but playing a lot as Jackson was hurt and some line reshuffling was taking place.

Any info on my question is appreciated?

Just to get my bearings here didnt Kallenberger play a decent amount of Off line last year? I seem to remember him not as a starter in first game but playing a lot as Jackson was hurt and some line reshuffling was taking place.

Any info on my question is appreciated?
You would be correct.

Good question. From what I know about it (through a nephew that has it) it is typically diagnosed by junior high through a doctor. Like a lot of medical conditions, the earlier the better.

https://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/childhood-adhd/adhd-tests-making-assessment
His post says he was diagnosed and took medication all his life.

Also from his post it says you have to get diagnosed through the sports program when you get to Iowa, and he wasn't given that opportunity for almost a year.

To me the bullying of Jack Kallenberger is way worse than the comments that I have read from the black players. So if he needs to be fired, fire him over being a demeaning asshole.

As it relates to race, this situation in particular clearly defines the problem, and that is that NOT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO BLACK PEOPLE IS BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK!!!!!!!!! I get it, sometimes it is. Sometimes people get it because they are not intelligent. Dare I say some people get a lot of shit because they are white. Or rich. Or poor. Or short. Or tall. Nobody is immune to ridicule or discrimination. Now, that does not make it right, it also doesnt automatically make it racist. And that is what is so frustrating about this movement and in our day in time, that EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING is deemed racist if something is done by a white person to a black person. Like this George Floyd thing, it was automatically and universally accepted that he was killed because of racism. Do we know that?

So again, if everyone wants to stop racism, STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT IT AND MAKING EVERYTHING ABOUT RACISM!!!!! I swear to god, I am not racist in the least, but if I keep hearing about how I am so privileged and how I am racist then I promise I will get there, because being accused of all of that bullshit is not going to make me understand and love more.

You need a hug, man? I’m just fucking with you.:)

It's bad either way. So are you saying that since he went after a white player over intellectual executive function that racist comments are ok? He s a jerk to whites as well? You name on here is a bit dubious.

Did you mean "your name on here is a bit dubious"? Meaning my handle/name here is dubious because you haven't agreed with my opinions?

I actually didn't mean my question in a snarky fashion. I think that all of us would have thought Doyle's comments to Kallenberger would have been even worse If Kallenberger was black because we're conditioned to think that way.

I don't think racist comments are OK at all. Never said that.

Racist comments are wrong and sometimes the inflexible SJW community goes way too far. Both things can be true.

I was an English teacher at JFK In the early 70’s when the laws on treatment of students with disabilities came into effect at the state and federal levels. Iowa was a model for the fed requirements. I was asked by the spec Ed staff to work with LD and ED students in my regular classroom. Knowing nothing, I was scared to death I would do something wrong. During the balance of my 40 year career, I witnessed awful mistreatment of kids with disabilities. Sadly, this young man’s story rings true in 2020. Some believe that “disability” means at least partially “retarded.” (We don’t even use that term any more, thank God). Even worse, many hung on to the idea that if these dumb kids just tried harder, they would do fine. This story brought tears to my eyes. I have seen this travesty repeated time and again. There is NO excuse. Any coach who went down this road should be fired for spectacular ignorance.

As it relates to race, this situation in particular clearly defines the problem, and that is that NOT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO BLACK PEOPLE IS BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, people have lost the ability to (a) look at their participation in an interaction and find anything wrong with their behavior and (b) understand that some people they interact with are just assholes.

Honestly, I'd be willing to bet Doyle isn't actually an asshole at all. The guy deals in testosterone and has been in circumstances where guys bust each others' balls over stuff all the time. He spends a bunch of time with those kids and as such probably has a lot of opportunities to bust balls and takes them when the door is open. People attribute it to malice and the coddling of kids and constant reinforcement of victim culture has all but rendered that management style taboo.

I think this scene from Gran Torino encompasses American dudes (before the emasculation process kicked in) pretty well. You build some level of mutual respect, then you bust each other's balls. My guess is that in Doyle's head, this is what he's doing and he doesn't see anything wrong with it because he doesn't do it with malice.

That'd be true if the things he was saying to bully the kids that are black weren't racist in nature....

But that's just it, the vast majority of the things I've seen & read are not beyond a reasonable doubt racist remarks. Everyone is making assumptions and framing them as such. Sorry, but telling someone they can't afford a set of golf clubs is hardly racist. Suggesting somebody was gang banging in the offseason isn't necessarily racist either. How do we know Doyle wasn't referring to the other kind gang banging which is entirely plausible? Again, we have no context and are making assumptions.

The only thing I've seen that is 100% without a doubt a racist remark is what Terrance Pryor is claiming Doyle said to him.

Your moral superiority is exhausting.

Nope.

Mark Kallenberger. Jack's brother.

Thanks, just wondering because if it was Jack he was playing well, knowing his assignments, etc and would think 'simple jack', which is stupid to use anyway, would be really out of place.

But that's just it, the vast majority of the things I've seen & read are not beyond a reasonable doubt racist remarks. Everyone is making assumptions and framing them as such. Sorry, but telling someone they can't afford a set of golf clubs is hardly racist. Suggesting somebody was gang banging in the offseason isn't necessarily racist either. How do we know Doyle wasn't referring to the other kind gang banging which is entirely plausible? Again, we have no context and are making assumptions.

The only thing I've seen that is 100% without a doubt a racist remark is what Terrance Pryor is claiming Doyle said to him.
There's been some other statements as well about telling kids to go back to the ghetto and there's a lot of stuff been put out and I'm sure I haven't seen the half of it. But that's also why they are investigating and talking to the kids about it. To try and get that context from both sides. Some of what's been said is just really really bad.

Here's what I know. If you wouldn't say those things to the player in front of their parents BECAUSE YOU KNOW BETTER then what else needs to be said.

To me the bullying of Jack Kallenberger is way worse than the comments that I have read from the black players. So if he needs to be fired, fire him over being a demeaning asshole.

As it relates to race, this situation in particular clearly defines the problem, and that is that NOT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO BLACK PEOPLE IS BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK!!!!!!!!! I get it, sometimes it is. Sometimes people get it because they are not intelligent. Dare I say some people get a lot of shit because they are white. Or rich. Or poor. Or short. Or tall. Nobody is immune to ridicule or discrimination. Now, that does not make it right, it also doesnt automatically make it racist. And that is what is so frustrating about this movement and in our day in time, that EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING is deemed racist if something is done by a white person to a black person. Like this George Floyd thing, it was automatically and universally accepted that he was killed because of racism. Do we know that?

So again, if everyone wants to stop racism, STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT IT AND MAKING EVERYTHING ABOUT RACISM!!!!! I swear to god, I am not racist in the least, but if I keep hearing about how I am so privileged and how I am racist then I promise I will get there, because being accused of all of that bullshit is not going to make me understand and love more.

You don't get. Sad.

Did you mean "your name on here is a bit dubious"? Meaning my handle/name here is dubious because you haven't agreed with my opinions?

I actually didn't mean my question in a snarky fashion. I think that all of us would have thought Doyle's comments to Kallenberger would have been even worse If Kallenberger was black because we're conditioned to think that way.

I don't think racist comments are OK at all. Never said that.

Racist comments are wrong and sometimes the inflexible SJW community goes way too far. Both things can be true.

Steve Garvey was a hell of a player. As for how he treated women...

I think we can agree both were bad.

I ve had in my life experience to have dyslexia and 3 kids with LD.

Worse...doubt it bad yes.

How about just reasonable intelligent debate?

Just my opinion but I feel like in this thread and some of the others there have been people with different opinions who have presented them in a reasonable fashion. Yet, your responses are still snarky and/or judgmental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts