90% of ISU fans on Cyfan

Seems like when ISU beats us, we're the team coming off a better performance. This year I think the Cyclone Mojo may work in reverse: I'm predicting the Hawks improve much more from Week 1 to 2 than Iowa State and pull out a late come-from-behind win. Will be interesting to see what kind of team Northern Illinois turns out to be.

You're allowed to be an unabashed homer on your own message board. Don't know why we would complain about it.

Yep, I've never understood why people are so obsessed with topics in another team's fan forum. Of course they are going to be optimistic...that's kind of how being a fan works.

90% of Clone fans witnessed JVB on the road on Saturday. I think as a fan base we can safely say he's an entirely different QB at home then he is on the road.

IMO, it's a pick'em, and that's if Kinnick is HUGE. I can only hope that recent history repeats itself, and the team that looked less impressive the week before wins.

They are confident because they smell blood. The gap between the programs has gotten smaller every year since Rhoads took over. We will see if the trend continues this year, although first game results indicate it has.

Last edited:
Goes both ways. You guys said you would blow us out last year too after we nearly lost to UNI. Don't read CF if it bothers you because its going to happen.

At least we had a basis for thinking that way. We'd blown you guys out the previous 2 years, and as you said, you were coming off a near loss to UNI.

not surprising. they have one of the most optimistic fanbases i've ever seen.

Optomstic is better than ignorant...

Already people are forgiving KOK on this board and think JVB compares to Jake Christensen after one start in a new offense.

A new offensive system will take a couple of weeks to get the kinks out...ask QB's who have switched coordinators routinely. The truly exceptional can do it seemlessly, but those are few and far between and they aren't in college.

I was surprised their offense looked the way it did yesterday, but it is the first game. The running game was a positive after all the RB issues this team has dealt with in the last decade.

When it comes down to it, this is a rivalry game and Iowa having a game under their belt should be able to clean some things up and also look at what did work and do more of that. I thought the initial drives on offense, even though they resulted in FG's looked better than average. Each time though, it appeared they put more pressure on themselves to score a TD rather than just execute. You will see a big difference between Iowa's offense from week one to week two.

It is just funny how the ignorance on this board raises its ugly head each week. The only real problem with Iowa is that in the past they have not rotated guys in to get a lot of playing time. On one hand people will say they aren't ready, but my thought is let them see what it takes to play and just how different it is from one level to the next...it only takes a few plays each game, less than 10.

What I saw of Iowa on Saturday was they looked young and inexperienced. I really have no idea how old their starters are as I don't follow like I used to, but they looked lost at times. The offensive line could not pass block and for those saying JVB just takes sacks, it is difficult not to when you haven't reached your last step in your drop and having to avoid people. Also, the defense looked poor on third down, but did come up big when it had to at the end of the game. I didn't watch the whole game, but that is what I saw for about 3.5 qtrs. There is some talent on both sides of the ball, but just young and inexperienced.

Let's hope that the players for ISU are just as optimistic and cocky as the fans over on CF. If they aren't, we are screwed.

You wont have to worry about over confidence for ISU. All Rhoads will do is show highlights from the last time we played at Kinnick.

Have them rolling through us next Saturday and blowing us out.

90% ?
Blowing us out?

I looked through the threads over there and didnt see anything like that.
Seems to me the OP is just trying to stir the pot.
Lets try to stick to the facts.

One thing many of us have learned is it does not matter who "appears" to have the better team when it comes to this game. Many times Iowa has been favored to blowout the Cyclones -- only to drop the game. In game 1, yes, ISU looked better. But this is the Iowa/Iowa State game and neither team should be feeling overly confident.

They also call Tulsa "a very good team" and Northern Illinois, who came into game with nation's longest winning streak, conference title and bowl game, a "poor, bad, awful team" just now on SoundOff.

90% ?
Blowing us out?

I looked through the threads over there and didnt see anything like that.
Seems to me the OP is just trying to stir the pot.
Lets try to stick to the facts.

I like your style. Figured I'd try to post some facts based off the first 34 predictions grabbed (stopped when I got bored):

-88.24% of all predictions have Iowa State as the victor
-Iowa +11 pts is the median point differential
-Iowa +9.5 pts is the average point differential
-15.15% of all predictions have Iowa State in a blowout*

*blowout being defined as point differential >17

No way this things a blowout; this game is being played at Kinnick. I'm a Cyclone fan and do believe this will be a competitive game, though I also believe it would be unreasonable to expect this game to get out of hand on either end barring weather.

Latest posts