80% of you don't know football

Nick Saban - Bama/ Bill Snyder K-State/Texas - Mack Brown/ Florida - Urban Meyer/ Chip Kelly - Oregon/ Need any more? We can do this all day.

Nick Saban - Bama/ Bill Snyder K-State/Texas - Mack Brown/ Florida - Urban Meyer/ Chip Kelly - Oregon/ Need any more? We can do this all day.

Your Snyder and Brown answers are acceptable, but your Saban and Kelly examples are not. Saban had already won a national championship at LSU, and Kelly was on Mike Bilotti's staff before Bilotti stepped down to become AD and handed over an already powerful program (mch like the Bilema-Alvarez situation).

The telling thing is how I don't see one post agreeing with you

To me that is pretty telling of this programs current state.

The guy needs to go. Every game is a nailbiter, and his teams can't put away any foe, no matter how bad that opponent may be. Two 200yd.-plus rushing performances have been somehow wasted the past two years against teams we should have smoked. Continually getting burned by onside kicks and fake punts. I don't know if most of Iowa's talent is actually MAC level, but this staff sure makes them look like they are. Kirk's "system" does not work with his "poor little Iowa" recruiting strategy. Most of the past seven seasons have been letdowns or just lackluster. I know he's not going anywhere, so we just have to ride it out. I thank the guy for what he's done in the past, but I can't wait until he's gone.

The big 10 has been so bad for the last 10 years that is wouldn't be to tough for most decent coaches to do what he has done. Especially with the conference schedule we have had the last 10 years.

The good news is there aren't many coaches out there that can field as good of team as Kirk can and be loyal enough to stick around. The bad news is there aren't many coaches out there that are that bad at game day coaching.

I would personally have more fun watching us win 7 games being the underdog then watch us pull out 7 wins with a team that's good enough to win the conference. I know 7 wins is 7 wins but this way is just so much more frustrating.

That would represent the group on here that thinks KF should be gone. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have done the things we have over the last 10 years. Until the ship goes down - ie: consecutive losing seasons, relax. The guy knows what he's doing. We aren't good TODAY, I get that. But he is one of the best coaches around, period.

Might I remind you, we have 1, I repeat, 1 NCAA tourney victory since Tom Davis left. It was a very bad decision then just like replacing KF would be now.

What you say might be true, I'll give you that. But, doesn't excuse us from being the dumbest football team in terms of game situations the last 7 years. The way Iowa plays sometimes its almost like comic relief. I'm probably wrong, but thats they way I see it.

I agree with your 80% statement, but not for the reasons you state. I am simply amazed that the average hawk fan is completely caught off guard by saturday`s result and the record so far this season. Hawks lost 2 or 3 lineman to the NFL and have no runningbacks to speak of. The WR lack speed on the outside and there is not much depth there. The DL was not good last year and you lost most of the production that was there and replaced it with very young and undeveloped players. Add into the fact that both coordinators have been replaced meaning that the offense has to learn a new system, and the team is fortunate to have 2 wins. The team was average at best last year, and will most assuredly take a step back this year. This was so easy to predict.

Latest posts