+/- ?

Michigan had more experienced talent than Iowa...and Iowa won. This will bolster Iowa...I look for a win vs Nebraska.

If teams want to stop Jok...JB is ready to fire away...

I sure hope so. Don't get me wrong I said at the beginning of the year that I felt this team has tremendous potential to develop into a really good team by the end of the regular season. I also said we can expect up and downs as the years goes along because that is typical of a talented but young squad. I don't think by the time we get to the Big Ten tournament any team will be happy to have to play us.

The three year comment about Fran needing to be replaced wasn't said because I thought he needed to be fired it was just my opinion of where I felt this program should be after ten years. I don't think it's unreasonable that in the next three years (after this one) that Fran will get us into at least the third round of the Big Ten tournament and also into the third round of the NCAA toudrnamemt. That would be the senior year of our current freshmen and the Junior year of the recruits coming next season.

REMEMBER I've been saying all along that it would be a roller coaster ride during the first three quarters of the season. I didn't even flinch at the Purdue game as I expected to have these low points on the roller coaster ride.

So anyone suggesting that I am saying Fran is doing a terrible job and needs to be fired at this point or after this season, is totally exaggerating what I said. If in the next two years we crash and burn then yes you will hear me saying that.

Next season COULD BE a little rocky until the team figures out what everyone's roles are going to be since Joc will be gone. I am really excited to see what this team does when our freshmen are all Juniors. That has got to be a year to look forward to. If we have Cook still playing for us I anticipate that will be a huge year for Fran and this program.

Not to be negative but I also said that same thing four years ago about last year's team. For a while when some were saying We had a shot at a number one seed I was thinking I called it right. We all know what happened so i am not going to rehash it.

Last year the "book" developed to stop Iowa.

Play Uthoff tight and physical on the perimeter.

Play MG so that he is forced to dribble to the left and let him shoot.

There were no answers...

This year, perhaps there are more options for Iowa and more "gamers" on the team who thrive the pressure.

Iowa has a lot more offensive options than they had last year. It remains to see how it will all turn out, but they are pretty fun to watch and they do have a lot of talent.

Has anybody entertained the crazy idea that either:
1. Michigan might suck, or
2. Michigan just had an off night?

Has anybody entertained the crazy idea that either:
1. Michigan might suck, or
2. Michigan just had an off night?

Watching the game, it looked to me like Michigan was maybe slightly better. But since they are around the 5th best team in the conference and we seem to be improving rapidly, I'll take only being slightly worse right now.

I thought Michigan looked better than Iowa the first part of the second half, but the rest of the game Iowa looked better.

I thought Michigan looked better than Iowa the first part of the second half, but the rest of the game Iowa looked better.

Maybe. I think it looked like we were playing above our average more so than they were. It also looked like their points were coming easier than ours were.

Couldn’t resist to bring this thread back. If I have time I could did up similar concerns in Fran’s third or fourth year.

Latest posts