+/- ?

Is that an indirect way of saying defense is a weak spot for Joc or are you thinking throughout the rest of this season the young guys will get better?

1. Jok defense is bad.
2. Young players will improve defensively.
3. Garza more of a true center and rim protector (that's the hope anyway).

You can't be serious? We won't miss at all the leading scorer in the Big Ten Conference? Put down those cookies you ordered from Colorado.o_O

What I mean is we have a bunch of freshmen and sophomores this year so the improvement should be enough to absorb the loss of Jok. We thought we would be screwed without Marble but we were fine. We thought we would be screwed without White but we were fine. This year we just couldn't handle replacing 4 seniors with 4 freshmen without a terrible start. Not to mention losing Jok's defense will help offset losing his offense a bit.

I would like to reiterate that I would much rather have Jok next year and we would be a much better team if he could play on next year's team too. I just think there is a good chance we will be better next year even tho we have to replace him.

I would like to reiterate that I would much rather have Jok next year and we would be a much better team if he could play on next year's team too. I just think there is a good chance we will be better next year even tho we have to replace him.

Exactly. We lost White (1st team All Big10), Olaseni (6th man of the year), and Oglesby (role player) and ended up being better the following year because JU and Jok had more of an opportunity to shine.

The thing that really disappoints me is our team Marble's senior year. I think Fran didn't allow JU to gain much confidence that year. Quite frankly he should have started and let White play the 4. Obviously JU got much better the next two years but to me he always had the talent. I think there was a lot of talent on that team that kind of went to waste.

Every year I hear things like "I shutter to think about next season without "blank" - I think Iowa is going to be light years better next season and that's without Jok. The rest of the team is going to grow substantially.

Every year I hear things like "I shutter to think about next season without "blank" - I think Iowa is going to be light years better next season and that's without Jok. The rest of the team is going to grow substantially.

They are already light years ahead of where they were at the beginning of the year. I really think if we could start the year over, we would make the tourney.

They are already light years ahead of where they were at the beginning of the year. I really think if we could start the year over, we would make the tourney.

At the beginning of Dec - Iowa was 3-5 - at the beginning of January Iowa is 9-6 with wins over ISU, UNI and Michigan in that time and is 6-1 since....yet the sentiment by some is that this is still not a good basketball team.

At the beginning of Dec - Iowa was 3-5 - at the beginning of January Iowa is 9-6 with wins over ISU, UNI and Michigan in that time and is 6-1 since....yet the sentiment by some is that this is still not a good basketball team.

#75 on KenPom. That's not a good basketball team.

#75 on KenPom. That's not a good basketball team.

this is where you get called a troll, have you seen any growth in the team or are they just as bad as when they lost to UNO? There are more than a handful of teams ranked within 10 spots either way of 75 that are going to dance.

this is where you get called a troll, have you seen any growth in the team or are they just as bad as when they lost to UNO? There are more than a handful of teams ranked within 10 spots either way of 75 that are going to dance.

What teams ranked 65-85 on KenPom are going to make the dance?

www.kenpom.com

these teams all have a shot at the dance still - the great thing is there is still plenty of the season left

Illinois
Providence
Princeton
Memphis
Nebraska
Colorado

some of the 40-70 teams are going to start losing more with conference play - plenty of upward movement for a team coming together as the season progresses.

these teams all have a shot at the dance still - the great thing is there is still plenty of the season left

Illinois
Providence
Princeton
Memphis
Nebraska
Colorado

some of the 40-70 teams are going to start losing more with conference play - plenty of upward movement for a team coming together as the season progresses.

None of those teams are projected NCAA tournament teams except Princeton because they will probably get an at large. Lunardi has them as a 15 seed right now. Not sure why you put Memphis in there, they are bad this year

None of those teams are projected NCAA tournament teams except Princeton because they will probably get an at large. Lunardi has them as a 15 seed right now. Not sure why you put Memphis in there, they are bad this year

Of course they aren't projected right now. Things will change as the year goes on.

Well certainly I hope you guys are right and Frans younger guys can tear it up.

Keep in mind if Michigan even hits their normal percentage of threes we lose by ten points. Beat Purdue at home and then I will say things are going in the right direction. I am not saying things are not going in the right direction, but I am just not sold on it yet. It begins with beating Nebraska at Nebraska. They are playing good and are fired up and it will not be easy.

Hey what can I say when your team collapses two out of three seasons. It does cause doubt.

Well certainly I hope you guys are right and Frans younger guys can tear it up.

Keep in mind if Michigan even hits their normal percentage of threes we lose by ten points. Beat Purdue at home and then I will say things are going in the right direction. I am not saying things are not going in the right direction, but I am just not sold on it yet. It begins with beating Nebraska at Nebraska. They are playing good and are fired up and it will not be easy.

Hey what can I say when your team collapses two out of three seasons. It does cause doubt.

Right now Michigan is a better team than us. But that doesn't mean we're bad. It also doesn't mean they will be better than us at the end of the year.

Also keep in mind if Pemsl makes his normal percentage of layups and they don't call that stupid goaltend on Cook, we win by 10.

Michigan had more experienced talent than Iowa...and Iowa won. This will bolster Iowa...I look for a win vs Nebraska.

If teams want to stop Jok...JB is ready to fire away...

Latest posts