6th through 8th in the Big Ten

Setting everything else aside I've heard more than 1 announcer say no one wants to play Iowa in the BTT. We have depth, play hard and have given everyone other than Michigan reason for concern when playing us...FWIW.

The Top 5 are pretty much set right now barring any huge collapse.

The Minnesota loss hurts them.

Iowa, Illinois tied at 4-7, both just one game back of Minnesota and Purdue.

Could come down to the MN/IA game at Carver for 6th. Maybe...

Also, Windsor, not sure if I just hadn't paid attention previous to January, but it's great seeing posts from you again.

Always enjoyed our interactions on the old board.

Not to pour salt on the wounds, but if Iowa can get 2 of those 4 wins late this isn't even that big of a topic. 6th is theirs, esp with the 2nd half schedule. That said, nice for Iowa to still have a shot to get that coveted 6th spot in the BTT.

Not to pour salt on the wounds, but if Iowa can get 2 of those 4 wins late this isn't even that big of a topic. 6th is theirs, esp with the 2nd half schedule. That said, nice for Iowa to still have a shot to get that coveted 6th spot in the BTT.

That's just it. We are on the cusp of being a major player in the Big Ten. That's what is so frustrating. We get a taste of what it's like to be comfortably dancing, then to have it dashed away by missing free throws or an errant pass in the closing seconds. We'll get there though.

That's just it. We are on the cusp of being a major player in the Big Ten. That's what is so frustrating. We get a taste of what it's like to be comfortably dancing, then to have it dashed away by missing free throws or an errant pass in the closing seconds. We'll get there though.

Good post, earlier in the year I thought Iowa would have more games like Michigan where they would get blown out. But they haven't, that means the talent is there but the experience is not in order to close these games.

Also, Windsor, not sure if I just hadn't paid attention previous to January, but it's great seeing posts from you again.

I thought I recognized that user name but his post count was throwing me off.

I second Spank, welcome a board!

Thanks Spank and Kelley! I enjoy your posts and think we have comparable (big picture) points of view. I post almost exclusively on the basketball board and only when I have something to say...not worried about my class rank. Smile! When Iowa's season ends I will be back in hibernation until games start again next fall.

Thanks Spank and Kelley! I enjoy your posts and think we have comparable (big picture) points of view. I post almost exclusively on the basketball board and only when I have something to say...not worried about my class rank. Smile! When Iowa's season ends I will be back in hibernation until games start again next fall.

No PTL posts?

If Iowa and Minnesota get to 9-9 and Illinois gets to 8-10 or 9-9, all three are in... Mark it down. The bubble is weak. If people have Virginia, Indiana St., La Salle and even Baylor in, then all 3 Big Ten teams are in IMO.

Actually it's not out of the question for Minnesota to finish 6-12 and 9th in conference. They would probably still be in the tournament in that case, so that's the best scenario for everyone but Tubby.

Latest posts