6 Days Before the Tournament

What I disagree with from what a ton of people are saying by 1000000% is that the coach needs to relax on these guys... that they aren't having fun ect ect.

Are they having fun? Probably not but I'm sorry I don't see a team that plays with urgency... that is desperate not to lose.

I see a team of players all with different thoughts in their head for one.. They play like they don't give a shiz. I remember at one key moment in the game it was tied.. Basabe get the ball and fires a 16 ft jumpshot like 5 secs into the shot clock. It really really looked like Basabe was thinking "I haven't scored I need to get a bit of mine."

Sorry I'm not saying these guys aren't feeling pressure... but they really don't look like they play like there too afraid to make a mistake.

They play like they are lost in a maze inside their own head.

Being nice is not what they need... Fran did this yesterday... nice to them, nice to the officials.

And guess what we lost to the worst team in the conference.

If Fran did this he would have to start the gray shirts.

And that's EXACTLY what he should do. Would it kill us to put a team out on the floor that wants to be there...that has some heart left in them...that bust their butts on every play? Maybe that would light a fire under their a****. The idea that you may not ever start an NCAA tournament game may be a good attitude changer. Give me Uthoff, McCabe, Woody and the gray teamers and you can keep these other jagbags.

This team constantly needs to be kicked in hits A**. They walk around in a fog, zombie like half the time.

Being nice and nurturing to this team is not what it needs.

It's needs pain and suffering until get to the point that when it plays in a real game... its like being on vacation.

I don't believe every team needs to be coached like this by any means... but this one does.

And that's EXACTLY what he should do. Would it kill us to put a team out on the floor that wants to be there...that has some heart left in them...that bust their butts on every play? Maybe that would light a fire under their a****. The idea that you may not ever start an NCAA tournament game may be a good attitude changer. Give me Uthoff, McCabe, Woody and the gray teamers and you can keep these other jagbags.

Shutup

What I disagree with from what a ton of people are saying by 1000000% is that the coach needs to relax on these guys... that they aren't having fun ect ect.

Are they having fun? Probably not but I'm sorry I don't see a team that plays with urgency... that is desperate not to lose.

I see a team of players all with different thoughts in their head for one.. They play like they don't give a shiz. I remember at one key moment in the game it was tied.. Basabe get the ball and fires a 16 ft jumpshot like 5 secs into the shot clock. It really really looked like Basabe was thinking "I haven't scored I need to get a bit of mine."

Sorry I'm not saying these guys aren't feeling pressure... but they really don't look like they play like there too afraid to make a mistake.

They play like they are lost in a maze inside their own head.

Being nice is not what they need... Fran did this yesterday... nice to them, nice to the officials.

And guess what we lost to the worst team in the conference.

Their body language is a dead give away.

Part of me says totally change it up...new lineup, team building activities...and press press press....

The other part of me says I would just tell the boys..."I don't want to see you until you all decide you want to play basketball again...I'm locking you out of facility until Sunday evening...Either we make a run at this thing...or...we will just mail it in...but we are NOT going to have yet another loss like the last 6."

Play the game in which you're capable. No unrealistic expectations.

This is a fantastic post.

We butt heads on the fb board, but your post is on the money and is all I want from the Hawks. 6 if the last 7 games they simply haven't played to the level we all know they are capable of. I am sure they know this too and all the close losses have their confidence way down.

The NCAA tournament starts in six days, and whether we want to or not, we're going to be in it this year. If you were Fran, what do you do during this week? Just give up and keep doing the same thing you have been doing? Try something radical to shake things up?

I think this team is too far lost to continue going about things like you normally would, I would have open competition for every position this week. If White wants to play lazy defense, and not crash the boards hard, he won't play in the tournament. If Clemmons comes out and is playing harder than anybody else during the next few days, then he will play 25 mins in the first round. I can handle losing in the first round, but there's no excuse for losing with no effort. At this point, all I would be looking for is guys who are ready to compete and want to be playing.

DITTO!

First time on here since the loss. I refused to watch the B1G tourney with NW in it. I just want to say I love my hawks, and I can't wait to watch them in the tourney. It's called March Madness for a reason. Anything can happen!

Go Hawks!

Latest posts