5star

Sounds like we should start trying to get a bunch of these 5stars I keep reading about...it appears if you can get about 5-6 of them a year and even if only a few of them pan out, in a few years you are loaded.

We really have to give Gallery the benefit of the doubt...you could have put Jonathan Ogden out there in Oakland...and he may have washed out.

When you have 6 coordinators and 7 line coaches in 8 years (or whatever it was)...you're facing an uphill battle.

Robert's biggest mistake was not running...as fast as possible from Oakland.

Exactly. Gallery would still be playing if he were in a good organization. Yanda @ Baltimore for example.

I could see the distribution of "blue chip recruits" being spread around if they went to a limited "play for hire" policy, such as each team being able to pay 5 players, but they must keep under a salary cap.

I could see the distribution of "blue chip recruits" being spread around if they went to a limited "play for hire" policy, such as each team being able to pay 5 players, but they must keep under a salary cap.

The better way to do it would prolly be further scholarship restrictions. Go from 85 to 65 or maybe even 50 and then use the savings to pay up to 100 guys an equal, modest stipend. And don't let the SEC cheat their way around the restrictions. If Alabama continued to get 20 4-5 star guys a year, you would know something is up. Problem is, the NCAA and conferences don't want blue chips spread around. The whole system is more profitable if Ohio State is dominant and it is virtually impossible for programs like Iowa or Iowa State to win 10 games.

The better way to do it would prolly be further scholarship restrictions. Go from 85 to 65 or maybe even 50 and then use the savings to pay up to 100 guys an equal, modest stipend. And don't let the SEC cheat their way around the restrictions. If Alabama continued to get 20 4-5 star guys a year, you would know something is up. Problem is, the NCAA and conferences don't want blue chips spread around. The whole system is more profitable if Ohio State is dominant and it is virtually impossible for programs like Iowa or Iowa State to win 10 games.

It won't happen for the reasons you state, I suspect. It would also be a little weird to force a kid from Dallas to play at Kansas or a Miami kid to Minnesota etc.

It won't happen for the reasons you state, I suspect. It would also be a little weird to force a kid from Dallas to play at Kansas or a Miami kid to Minnesota etc.

LOL. At the rate Iowa State is siphoning up Florida and Texas talent, that weirdness will be a thing of the past in a decade.

Latest posts