4-Star OL Matt Farniok on Top 4: 'These Schools Have Proven to Help Linemen'

Don't get me wrong, I love this class. But after the season we had, I just expected it to be a little bit better. Maybe that will show in 2017, who knows? But your first sentence is kind of my point.....The staff reels in nearly all of it's top targets because Iowa is usually their only respectable offer. With the exception of a few, most are the usual MAC-level offer list recruits. WHICH ISNT BAD. Because that's how we've operated for years in recruiting. I just would like to see Ferentz and co. get a little bit more aggressive and maybe patient on the recruiting trail to get guys that are hot commodities NATIONALLY. I would really like to see us go outside the B1G footprint. Wisconsin's recruiting class has commits from 15 different states. Nebraska's from 14 different states. If we could get some guys from Florida, GA, Texas more often I think that would be a good start.

Who cares where Nebraska gets recruits. We were better than then last year, and we have been better than them since the turn of the century.

As far as NOT beating out teams for kids, I beg to differ:

Toks: Michigan, Indiana, Ill., Purdue offers
Beyer: ISU and Nebraska offers
Darby: Pitt and Syracuse offers
Fant: Nebraska, UCLA, Arizona St., and Minny offers (if we keep him that is)
Hockenson: ISU (Tom Lemming top 300 kid)
Jones: Ill., Indiana (Tom Lemming top 300 kid)
Lattimore: MSU and Minnesota (Tom Lemming to 300 kid, Scout 4*)
Niemann: Ill., ISU, Northwestern, Wisconsin
Rugamba: Ill., Indiana, ISU, Pitt
Simon: Syracuse
Stanley: Wisconsin (Scout 4*)
Taylor: BC, Maryland, Va Tech, Wisconsin
Wade: (Tom Lemming top 300 kid)
Williams: Minnesota
Young: Pitt, Rutgers
Jackson: MSU, Nebraska, ISU (If we get him)

That would be 16 good gets even according to you. If you look at those who aren't on this list it is your linemen, the area this staff excells at spoting and developing talent: Banwart, Golston, McKnight, Schulte, Simon and Welch (LB/TE). The other area we excel at spotting under recruited talent is in defensive backfield and we have Boswell and Billings there. The only kid we brought in at the skill position that would be described as what you call a "MAC level recruit" is Toren Young who had just ridiculous numbers.

Even before the season started, and when I was saying that I would like to see KF gone, I said this was a pretty good class, and a class of kids that the staff identified early and wanted them all. There isn't a fall back recruit in this entire class if we land Jackson and Fant.

Who cares where Nebraska gets recruits. We were better than then last year, and we have been better than them since the turn of the century.

That would be 16 good gets even according to you. If you look at those who aren't on this list it is your linemen, the area this staff excells at spoting and developing talent: Banwart, Golston, McKnight, Schulte, Simon and Welch (LB/TE). The other area we excel at spotting under recruited talent is in defensive backfield and we have Boswell and Billings there. The only kid we brought in at the skill position that would be described as what you call a "MAC level recruit" is Toren Young who had just ridiculous numbers.

Even before the season started, and when I was saying that I would like to see KF gone, I said this was a pretty good class, and a class of kids that the staff identified early and wanted them all. There isn't a fall back recruit in this entire class if we land Jackson and Fant.

With the new reciting coordinator, all the new recruiting tactics we've heard about, the new facitities, and the way this class came together, it's a strange time to complain about recruiting.

According to me? I'm sorry, when did I ever consider Pitt and Syracuse, Minnesota, Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana, ISU good offers? Not saying they aren't weren't offering, but I don't think I ever said those guys are "good gets" for have a Syracuse or Rutgers offer.

According to me? I'm sorry, when did I ever consider Pitt and Syracuse, Minnesota, Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana, ISU good offers? Not saying they aren't weren't offering, but I don't think I ever said those guys are "good gets" for have a Syracuse or Rutgers offer.

You said our players have "MAC level" offers. Certainly you can't consider Pitt, Syracuse, Minny, Rutger, Ill., Indiana and ISU "MAC schools" can you?

You said our players have "MAC level" offers. Certainly you can't consider Pitt, Syracuse, Minny, Rutger, Ill., Indiana and ISU "MAC schools" can you?

Uhhh I mean I wouldn't really consider those schools as powerhouses if thats what you're asking. They all might as well be MAC schools....

Uhhh I mean I wouldn't really consider those schools as powerhouses if thats what you're asking. They all might as well be MAC schools....

I didn't know who this was...until tonight. I knew there was something familiar...and dense. Dude thought he was slick.

Latest posts