4* player with Iowa interests

And Donnal?

I ask because I never know where OL recruits are slotted..

Donnal, Walsh, Blythe, Ward, etc..

donnal is 6'7" and I believe is slated for OT, as is Ward. Walsh and Blythe were guard recruits, mostly due to their size, but Blythe said he was told he would be a guard or center due to his wrestling abilities. I think the whiff on Boehm and Darlington means Blythe will be moved to Center. I'm sure he's been practicing there anyway. He already has great size (bigger than JF) at 6'3" 285 lbs compared to 6'2" 275 and he is only a freshman.

I like the potential of the line in a few years:

Donnal, Ward, Scherff, Blythe, Walsh.

nobody needs a top 5, as O'Conner has a top 3, Wisconsin lost their OL coach so Diamond dropped Wiscy and put Iowa in so the chances are more like 20%,1 out of 5
and the Blythe to center has legs as he spent a lot of time on the practice squad as the center and James Ferenzt is 6'2 285 and he is line with most of KF type centers
Donnal was the backup to Reiff so he will get the shot to start spring camp to nail down the starting spot

Last edited:
Diamond dropped Wiscy and put Iowa in so the chances are more like 20%

You would believe this.

That would be true if Diamond was deciding his college by drawing a name out of a hat. However, I do not believe he is choosing that way. Let me know if you hear anything differently.

The odds don't work like that when it is not a random chance. I don't know why he feels like he needs a top 5. If he had a top 20 and someone dropped out and put Iowa in it I would not feel good about it. I just have my doubts.

Also, on weights of blythe and ferentz, it just depends where you look, and I wasn't saying JF was too small, but that I think blythe will be bigger, which would be nice in a center for a change.

the dropping of Wisconsin in favor of Iowa also can be factored in the way of how each does in developing OL for the NFL
Wisconsin turns out OL for the NFL, Iowa turns out OL for the NFL who better to replace one for the other
it doesn't matter about if Iowa has a chance by your biased opinion on Iowa has no chance, if he wasn't interesyed in Iowa, he had no reason to add them
he could have simply dropped Wisconsin and left it at that

the dropping of Wisconsin in favor of Iowa also can be factored in the way of how each does in developing OL for the NFL
Wisconsin turns out OL for the NFL, Iowa turns out OL for the NFL who better to replace one for the other
it doesn't matter about if Iowa has a chance by your biased opinion on Iowa has no chance, if he wasn't interesyed in Iowa, he had no reason to add them

Im an Iowa fan and I dont think Iowa has a chance with Diamond. How is that showing bias?

Your Iowa bias is clouding your judgement in actually thinking we have a shot with Diamond. DERP!!

not really, i have more faith in Iowa getting him than you do
just as i have more faith in Iowa getting better in the future
Diamond doesn't come across as the type that is going by Name schools like Schutt was
he actually is looking at BT schools that put OL prospects in the NFL
and Michigan, Wisconsin and OSU
so to replace one BT OL producing with another is a good sign

Think of it this way. If we were once eliminated because there were 5 better options, why would replacing one of those options seem like such a great accomplishment to give us hope of landing him.

Also,I don't think he's coming to Iowa, but just because you do, doesn't mean you think Iowa is going to get better in the future more than I do or anyone else does.

I think Iowa needs to land Kozan though, that's my opinion.

Remember our 5 star lineman from Atlantic,Iowa,remember Hayden Fry's running back/kick off receiver who was the number 4 or 5 athlete in the country who could not get eligible for a couple years and when he did, he sucked.In Kirk, I trust ! I go to every game and every bowl game.You guys don't even know bad football !I was there when we one game, but we probably had more fun then.Open bottle's were the norm in the stands!
Ferentz did bring in some 5 star gems like Kyle Williams(probably still finding women to beat somewhere, never played a down) and Dan Doering(yikes).

not really, i have more faith in Iowa getting him than you do
just as i have more faith in Iowa getting better in the future
Diamond doesn't come across as the type that is going by Name schools like Schutt was
he actually is looking at BT schools that put OL prospects in the NFL
and Michigan, Wisconsin and OSU
so to replace one BT OL producing with another is a good sign

Lets see where that faith gets ya cuz Diamond aint coming here. Its pretty obvious and you are the only one on this board that does not see it.

He didn't have Iowa in his Top 5, then he put them in when all the changes were happening with Wisky. So I would say we don't have a good chance at landing him, he's probably O$U bound.

Think of it this way. If we were once eliminated because there were 5 better options, why would replacing one of those options seem like such a great accomplishment to give us hope of landing him.

Also,I don't think he's coming to Iowa, but just because you do, doesn't mean you think Iowa is going to get better in the future more than I do or anyone else does.

I think Iowa needs to land Kozan though, that's my opinion.
I think I'd rather get Kozan, too. Am I the only one who thinks Diamond might be a little overrated?

no, you're not

It seems to be the consensus around here (not sure if that's partially motivated by the fact that Iowa isn't getting Diamond or not).

It does look extremely likely that Iowa will indeed get one of the three big o-line prospects though. OSU and Michigan don't have room for them all.

as for feeling the team will get better is because recruiting has gotten better
2008 class had 12 2* recruits
2009 class had 13 2* recruits
2010 class had 5 2* recruits
2011 class had 5 2* recruits
2012 clas has 3 2* recruits with one being the punter who is rated in the top 15 at his position by all sites
the 2* recruits are going to be passed by better players
it is one thing to find 2 maybe 3 diamonds but to expect to get a shoval full of coal and expect them all to be turn into diamonds is a major stretch
also from 2002 to 2009 Iowa has avg'd 11 2* recruits per year
why do you think Iowa has not sustained success
the stars do mean something after all
we have needed more 3* talent than 2* talent with a couple more 4* players to maintain top 25 status

Any chance with the flake Andre Mcdonald? I was shocked when he committed to Vanderbilt when he kept saying Iowa is his favorite. Would really fill an immediate need at wide receiver

all i have heard he reopened his recruiting and is going to visit Illinois as that is where the Vandy WR coach went to who was the kids primary recruiter
i don't see a reason to call him a flake for following the Position coach who recruited him

Latest posts